• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamKhan

Savan Kotecha tweeted someone about the song...so he was involved. Wonder what he did exactly.

‏@Savan_Kotecha - i helped Kristian Lundin and Max Martin on it!

Khan9898

Quote from: AdamKhan on June 19, 2013, 12:11:06 AM
Savan Kotecha tweeted someone about the song...so he was involved. Wonder what he did exactly.

Them 3 were probably all in LA at the same time  8)

B Steady

Quote from: AdamKhan on June 19, 2013, 12:11:06 AM

I guess he co-wrote the song since the question was if he wrote the song!
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on June 19, 2013, 12:08:02 AM
the second chord in the final chorus is literally killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been sweating the whole day because of the heat and now this song comes in .....  I'm double-sweating so to say :D :D

I don't think there's a chord change :-X

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on June 19, 2013, 12:47:43 AM
I don't think there's a chord change :-X

of course there is a chord change! in a world like CHORD CHANGE this ...
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on June 19, 2013, 01:00:58 AM
of course there is a chord change! in a world like CHORD CHANGE this ...

They just added the D chord from the 2nd part of the chorus.

georg_e

I love how the first part (where it goes "In a world like this.........I-I know we're gonna make  it") is almost like a melodic mirror image of the high part of the chorus....first part has kind of a downward melodic direction, and the next part soars up, up.......so satisfying those two parts together!!

Raul_esp

WOW , Perfect pop song , I love it! , it has the magic cheiron sound! , I love the melody of the chorus and the bridge final though I miss a counter Melody here , but I dont care , the Bridge is amazing anyway , Thanks for it Guys!  ;D

Now I hope to see it in the charts , well maybe I'm a dreamer  ::)

gm33

Don't get me wrong I think it's REALLY good, but I don't think it's amazing. In a way, I'm kinda disappointed.  The vocals are killer, but it doesn't leave me signing anything when I walk away from the song like many of the other Max songs do.   I feel like it's very similar in sound to other recent BSB/max stuff like Climbing The Walls or Bigger. I was expecting a new sound.

Now, I Knew You Were Trouble. is simple pop song magic --  I expecting something of that level. Even an unreleased song like "Figure You Out" is fricken amazing and I think is SO much better. It's a shame and a pity it wasn't released...

Anyone else?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

It's still in my head, it's catchy as fuck! I can't agree with you at all, gm33!

Funny how I am the only one who's saying it sounds very similar too One Direction's "I Wish". Anyway, "In A World Like This" is more a One Direction song than a Backstreet Boys song.
Vila i frid Dag

Khan9898

The first few seconds sound like a One Direction song but then again 1D songs have copied old BSB songs so its full circle. BSB is copying BSB

B Steady

Quote from: Khan9898 on June 19, 2013, 04:13:51 AM
The first few seconds sound like a One Direction song but then again 1D songs have copied old BSB songs so its full circle. BSB is copying BSB

Which One Direction songs sound like older Backstreet Boys songs??

I mean IAWLT is a modern boygroup song, therefore it would fit One Direction :D

The typical Backstreet Boys sound is for me the sound of their 1999/2000 albums so this song can't be a typical song for the Backstreet Boys in my opinion :P
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

There are a lot of similarities between One direction's sound and the sound from the Backstreet Boys back then.

QuoteYacoub hadn’t worked with boy bands since he worked with Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, and he and Falk were initially skeptical if the world was ready for another boy band. But Cowell’s vision was different, He wanted approachability, but with an edge.
Slight edge.

"Simon’s wish [for a sound] was more organic, more guitars, big drums," Yacoub said.

Falk also understood what his task was. "We wanted to bring those 90s sounds back," he said, while still making One Direction sound current.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsburger/54967129-53/falk-yacoub-direction-songs.html.csp

I bet Rami saw potential to bring back some of the magic from back then when he accepted working with One Direction. In A World Like This does sound like the Backstreet Boys, but more guitar driven. A refreshed style from the one back then. One Direction's sound is inspired by the old sound of the Backstreet Boys, but it's still unique enough to call it their own. So there are a few obvious similarities sonically, but you can't really say that they could trade songs and call it their own, there are many differences too.

I don't think any One Direction song would fit the Backstreet Boys simply 'cause it's too "young and fun" and vice versa.

turnaround

Thanks for the article. Very good read.

Btw. I still have the song in my mind, and I haven't even heard it this morning.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: gm33 on June 19, 2013, 02:32:40 AM
Don't get me wrong I think it's REALLY good, but I don't think it's amazing. In a way, I'm kinda disappointed.  The vocals are killer, but it doesn't leave me signing anything when I walk away from the song like many of the other Max songs do.   I feel like it's very similar in sound to other recent BSB/max stuff like Climbing The Walls or Bigger. I was expecting a new sound.

Anyone else?

I'm quite willing to say that I don't think it's up there with their classics. I've been asking myself all day why there was so much backlash over "Bigger" when this to me is along the same lines musically, and I still love "Bigger" too. I still say it was just the lyrical concept that caused the dislike with that one. But IAWLT still evokes that old Backstreet vibe for the most part, and I'm guessing that was the brief from the boys, they even said in an interview that they were done trying to reinvent themselves all the time and were just going to do what they did best. So that's my guess as to why Max didn't take it elsewhere. But nonetheless I still think it's a great song, it sounds like Backstreet and it sounds like classic Max, even if it's not their greatest.

B Steady, the drums are pretty similar to "I Wish" aren't they? I haven't listened to it for a while now.