• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

48,000 copies sold in the USA in the first week

Not a big surprise, yet so disappointing
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on August 07, 2013, 07:20:26 PM
48,000 copies sold in the USA in the first week

Not a big surprise, yet so disappointing

Agreed... ouch. Their heyday is definitely over, I don't think there's any chance of any sort of major comeback now. Maybe if they'd gone all out and done something really risky it might have done a little better, but who's to know. I think they're happy just doing what they do from here on in, and they still have enough fans willing to support them to make it worth it. It's crazy how the sales dropped from "Never Gone" to "Unbreakable". What on earth happened? Did "Never Gone" sell more based on people's curiosity? Maybe people expected old BSB, were disappointed in the pop/rock direction and as a result didn't bother to buy "Unbreakable"...?

B Steady

Never Gone was the big comeback album.

Kevin left the band after Never Gone, so maybe many fans thought: they're not the same anymore! Also Kevin has lots of female fans.

Maybe they'll try with another album and if this flops harder than IAWLT they'll tour for the rest of their life :D
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

48k of albums sold is low but they are at No.5, so that is something.

I can't decide between Millennium and Never Gone as being my favourite album

Alex Martin

Never Gone
Millennium
Black and Blue
In A World Like This
Backstreet Boys
Backstret's Back
Unbreakable
This Is Us

B Steady

Millennium and Black & Blue are the best albums ever in my opinion. Never Gone has way too much fillers.
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on August 08, 2013, 01:13:32 PM
Millennium and Black & Blue are the best albums ever in my opinion. Never Gone has way too much fillers.

I'd say both Millennium and Black & Blue have more filler than Never Gone. Never Gone is almost a non skip listen for me.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on August 08, 2013, 02:26:01 PM
Lol tastes differ so much

Maybe you're not into the pop/rock stuff as much as their more urban pop style. I just think the non single ballads are especially stronger on Never Gone than the other two albums.

Rebecca

Quote from: Joshua on August 08, 2013, 02:22:50 PM
I'd say both Millennium and Black & Blue have more filler than Never Gone. Never Gone is almost a non skip listen for me.

Agree, Never Gone almost a non skip listen for me too.

B Steady

Just noticed that IAWLT has bigger first week sales than TIU. This makes me happy :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on August 09, 2013, 06:15:41 PM
Just noticed that IAWLT has bigger first week sales than TIU. This makes me happy :)

I think they've done a better job of promoting this one, in fact with the 20th anniversary among other things, I thought it would've had an even bigger first week. Last album had all the problems with leaked tracks too which didn't help.