• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

I was at least hoping for bigger sales too.

Kevin's comeback, the 20th anniversary, the Walk Of Fame Thing ..... imaging the sales without all these things ...... :(
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

The world wide sales are 143,000 so far. Could've been worse!!
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

So being free of Jive didn't really make the difference people were expecting. I bought the album today and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. There are some brilliant songs on there, but they keep jumping from electro pop ballads to acoustic soul style tracks and it feels a bit disjointed and quite dull in places. Too much use of Kevin's voice too, I love him as a member but I don't think he has the greatest tone. My favourite at the moment is "Show 'Em (What You're Made Of)".

Rebecca

Quote from: B Steady on August 11, 2013, 01:06:55 AM
The world wide sales are 143,000 so far. Could've been worse!!

yes, I suppose so! oh dear

I finally bought the album last Friday and have spent a while listening to it. It is nice and I really like it, but not too much is sticking in my head. Josh, my favourite is also "Show em (what you're made of)" - after "In a World Like This" of course!

Axel

For a change I have some interesting news to share. :)

When I opened the newspaper "20 Minuten" here in Switzerland this morning, I was quickly breezing through the charts-page until I noticed the headline. "Backstreet Boys are back.... again."

The album has debuted on the pole position. Yep, Number 1. Pushing Daft Punkt to second place.

The text, written by the host of the national chart show on Swiss radio SRF3 mentions their anniversary and temporary joint-venture with News Kids on the Block (which he writes "was ignored by the charts completely". And he continues: "The Boys without the Kids are doing a lot better." . He mentions the star on the walk of fame and now comes the interesting part: "And in Switzerland they can also count on their loyal fans. Each of their albums ranked in the top 10, four of them made it to the Number 1. And this includes their eighth studio album "In a World Like This" which debuts at Number 1 this week. And with that their Swiss fans are even more loyal than their peers in the US where it 'only' shot to 5th place."

"

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Axel

Rebecca

Joshua

Quote from: Rebecca on August 14, 2013, 01:04:41 PM
great they're doing well in Switzerland!

Yeah, here in Australia it only made 73 which is disgraceful.

Were there any other big releases in the Swiss album charts the same week? I'd be surprised if they stick around in the top 10 after a couple of weeks. I mean I'm sure there are huge fans there, but sometimes good chart entries are more luck than anything.

Axel

nope there weren't any particular big ones released. Will keep you posted how they're doing  :)

B Steady

In a world like this / I want it that way @ AGT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFkHpoJTII&sns=em

Well, the beginning was a bit clumsy but from the first refrain on they KILLED it. I'm still amazed by their voices <3 - fantastic performance!!!
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Thanks, the performance is great!

Josh, 73 copies in Australia - that is embarrassing!

B Steady

Quote from: Rebecca on August 15, 2013, 12:26:11 PM
Thanks, the performance is great!

Josh, 73 copies in Australia - that is embarrassing!

I don't think that he meant copies ;D ;D otherwise the sales in Australia would be alarming low :D

But maybe 73 copies were enough to reach the top in Switzerland :D
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

oh now I see! no.73 on the charts! lol

still a disaster!

Quote from: B Steady on August 15, 2013, 12:34:51 PM

But maybe 73 copies were enough to reach the top in Switzerland :D

maybe!

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on August 15, 2013, 04:00:06 AM
In a world like this / I want it that way @ AGT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFkHpoJTII&sns=em

Well, the beginning was a bit clumsy but from the first refrain on they KILLED it. I'm still amazed by their voices <3 - fantastic performance!!!

Great performance!