• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

J Lo demo "Ain't No Stoppin'"

Started by georg_e, June 06, 2014, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

First of all, I'm pretty sure this people wasn't approached to "write a song" for Jennifer Lopez. People pitch their songs to A&R's, if you're an established and successful songwriter/producer, an A&R will give you a call and ask you directly to pitch a song for a special artists and that doesn't mean it will make the cut for a release.

It's like when nexus says in a post that he did a song for Taylor Swift or Ellie Goulding, it's up to you if you believe it or not.

I absolutely agree with J: this is a forum and we make opinions about things, in this case music. Everyone does it based on your aesthetics. According to me, the song is a complete mess; if it doesn't to you, RESPECT my opinion and don't try to persuade me or make me change my mind.

I think a good A&R wouldn't consider this song mainly because the awful lyrics and melodies. The production sounds good -close to a Cirkut+Luke production, it's not confirmed by anyone- but it's still not convincing to me. That's it.
Basically, that's why A&R exist: to make an accurate selection of material for the artists to record and make money, because everybody knows that Jennifer Lopez doesn't make art.

Following what I just said, for example: Umbrella was pitched to Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige, ended up being a huge hit for Rihanna. And excellent A&R work. Telephone by Lady Gaga was pitched to Britney. To not include the song was an excellent decision. Toxic by Britney Spears was pitched to Kylie Minogue's Body Language, another right choice.

georg_e

^    ^    ^
                                             ".....a good A&R....."   ???

There's maybe about 5 of those in the world, if that!!   Even the artist themselves don't know shit half the time.....
  Ariana Grande wanted to get rid of "Problem", Kelly Clarkson wanted to scrap BOTH  ''Since U Been Gone" and BTHE, lol!!!

Only ones I really respect are the songwriters/producers...........and a FEW geniuses on business end, like Clive Davis, who I admire greatly ;-)
   (And from my own personal experience, the A&R/screening team for Charlie Walk -- now exec. VP of Republic Records -- who said YES (unequivocally) to a co-written song of mine in 2010 -- after I got blank stares from alot of others before that. (And after that, lol).  So I give grateful credit/respect where it's due!!! 

Adam B

This song is a real snoozefest -makes you wanna change tune in 10 seconds! noone is gonna hear those harmonies however good they are.. either they fell asleep or listened to something else. The vocals are recorded good tho, I'll give them that.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on June 07, 2014, 12:58:30 AM
                                                   ^    ^    ^
                                             ".....a good A&R....."   ???

There's maybe about 5 of those in the world, if that!!   Even the artist themselves don't know shit half the time.....
  Ariana Grande wanted to get rid of "Problem", Kelly Clarkson wanted to scrap BOTH  ''Since U Been Gone" and BTHE, lol!!!

Only ones I really respect are the songwriters/producers...........and a FEW geniuses on business end, like Clive Davis, who I admire greatly ;-)
   (And from my own personal experience, the A&R/screening team for Charlie Walk -- now exec. VP of Republic Records -- who said YES (unequivocally) to a co-written song of mine in 2010 -- after I got blank stares from alot of others before that. (And after that, lol).  So I give grateful credit/respect where it's due!!! 

Well dude, but if you're getting too many rejections, is because you're not giving your best or you're pitching songs to wrong artists.

There are many people doing an amazing job as A&R, like Teresa LaBarbera Whites... but I have to agree with you that often, they play safe and make it boring...

J_A24

That's why pitching songs is getting old. Most A&R's are people who don't really care about music. Just the procedure of being a staff writer is so un-organic and un-musical, it's driving away a bunch a great creative minds. The business is changing.

georg_e

QUOTE:["Well dude, but if you're getting too many rejections, is because you're not giving your best or you're pitching songs to wrong artists. "]

It was A&R team of Charlie Walk -- who's now behind Ariana Grande & Lorde -- who said yes to me.  And it was Charlie Walk who gave RedOne his first break when he was broke in NYC and couldn't even get ONE cut.  In other words he was getting "too many rejections" as you put it.

Many times all it takes is ONE person to make a difference, not something the songwriter is doing wrong. So you have it EXACTLY backwards!!

georg_e

Retweet/favorite of my Tweet to songwriter on "Ain't No Stoppin"    :D  Positivity, baby!!!!!!!!

DEYO - Songwriter retweeted you
23h:  @mrDEYO  "Castle Hill train rider"........love that line!!!!

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on June 07, 2014, 05:07:40 PM
    QUOTE:["Well dude, but if you're getting too many rejections, is because you're not giving your best or you're pitching songs to wrong artists. "]

It was A&R team of Charlie Walk -- who's now behind Ariana Grande & Lorde -- who said yes to me.  And it was Charlie Walk who gave RedOne his first break when he was broke in NYC and couldn't even get ONE cut.  In other words he was getting "too many rejections" as you put it.

Many times all it takes is ONE person to make a difference, not something the songwriter is doing wrong. So you have it EXACTLY backwards!!

It's true, sometimes all it takes it's a different set of ears and you have a cut. But at the same time, it's better to focus on the things that you can control, just let the music speak by itself.

georg_e

DEYO - Songwriter ‏@mrDEYO  12 Feb 2013

Dr. Luke Doctor LukeVerified account
‏@TheDoctorLuke
@mrDEYO we doing one of your songs...
Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
RETWEET
FAVORITE

10:45 PM - 12 Feb 2013

Rebecca

I don't mind the song at all, I actually quite like it. I've heard a lot worse.

nznexus

this song is ok but i dont care about the lyrics so much the overall sound is more important
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.