• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

RE: It's Riley the most hated artist saying hi again.

Started by Riley, May 04, 2010, 10:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

The song is cool, but it sounds like a Justin Bieber track.

The vocals need to disappear and where is the chorus?? Just so you know(which I'm sure you already know) that what draws most people's attention is definitely the chorus, and "us" cheiron fans, an uptempo one, anyways, I really think it needs a heavy mastering Riley.

Good luck, and thaks for sharing!

Riley

Hi all,

Me and Andrea have finished the song now and I've posted it up on myspace at
www.myspace.com/rkoba. I gotta say Andrea's vocals are how do say in Italian magnifico lol!

Hey Feelgoodies, Great! do you still think the same about the chorus and mastering? I don't get luck just fucked lol!
I am a huge cheiron fan from the beginning back in the 90's. For years and years I literally lived and breathed nothing but cheiron. Being around so much inspiration I learnt to make my own music which is Retro 80's/90's dance pop songs and ballads. You can check them out at my myspace and it would be cool to get your feedback.

Izalightblue

Hey, Riley and Andrea, I think it sounds amazing! Good luck with your songs!! ;)

maxmartin'sfan

Andrea's voice is very good, but the sound production sounds really bad, specially the drums! and it's always the same thing from the beginning to the end! where is the chorus?

Alex Martin

Sorry guys...i don't like your song...too repetitive.

Riley

Cool Iza that's awesome! Well, Mr. Nico sound engineer are you gonna polish this b*tch up for us then:)!? I'm poor and homeless so take it easy on the price alright lol but if you do it for free I will write you a song called 'Nico I love you man'. Cool yeah? Alex I know you hate my shit you made that crystal clear last time and ever more crystal clear this time so it's all crystal baby lol!
I am a huge cheiron fan from the beginning back in the 90's. For years and years I literally lived and breathed nothing but cheiron. Being around so much inspiration I learnt to make my own music which is Retro 80's/90's dance pop songs and ballads. You can check them out at my myspace and it would be cool to get your feedback.

maxmartin'sfan

Quote from: Riley on May 24, 2010, 09:05:05 PM
Cool Iza that's awesome! Well, Mr. Nico sound engineer are you gonna polish this b*tch up for us then:)!? I'm poor and homeless so take it easy on the price alright lol but if you do it for free I will write you a song called 'Nico I love you man'. Cool yeah? Alex I know you hate my shit you made that crystal clear last time and ever more crystal clear this time so it's all crystal baby lol!

ahaha I don't know if I could do something better with that sounds  ;D I"m still a student ahah and Alex is right! it's too repetitive! same sound same drum same chords same notes

Riley

Alex the kid lol is right to some extent but not completely(remember the video game on the old sega Master System ah sweet times ) as it's not all the same throughout the song. More pads come in at the chorus, the Tom Tom drum comes in and there is a cross lead run through the arpegiattor that comes on. None of those tracks appear in the verses except for the Tom Tom drum which carries on into second verse. Ok the bridge tracks are quite similiar to the chorus in the first part but there is a build up without the drums before it goes back into the chorus. The orchestra piano is constant thoughout each part of the song but that's because it's the main riff of the song so it kind of holds it all together. The song is actually 5 chords if I can remember correctly which from what I know is ok for a pop song right? Fair enough if it was classical or soundtrack even then you would expect like what your saying more chords, notes and changs etc but is that really necessary for just a pop song, I don't know? I'm not Beethoven man lol!

I'm confused, are you saying that you don't think you could program better sounds or you don't want to work with the sounds because they're not good enough for you? I heard your stuff on myspace, the sound quality is nice but I'm not sure if your into more instrumental music because I didn't really hear many songs? I don't mean to sound funny or anything but instrumentalists are amazing, maybe you want to be the next Hans Zimmer he's awaesome!

Well I hope you change your mind cos like I said you got the sound quality! I'm not really homeless by the way that was just one of my many shit jokes lol!

Rebecca

sorry, it's a bit repetitive for me too but it's nice to hear Andrea's voice.

Riley

Hmmm. Funny you never mentioned that the first time you heard it, it sounds like your just taking sides and not being honest! Be yourself, say how you really feel, it might be the safe bet to follow others but not necessarily the right way! Well I am lover not a hater that's why I offered Nico a chance to master the song and was willing to pay him something affordable but he threw it back in my face and all I gotta say is the music business is EXTREMELY competitive for everyone, artists, sogwriters, producers, engineers etc, absolutely everyone with no exceptions unless you are a made man interms of already having a hit under your belt, until then sad to say it the likes of Max Matin look at you probably less than a piece of shit on their shoes. The truth hurts it always does. So when someone throws you a crumb no matter how big or small, whether they are known or not the wise man would reach out with both hands and grab it. So in this case Andrea would be the wise man and Nico well you tell me? Who knows, Nico could end up being 10 times bigger than I could ever be, I don't know, but I'm not gonna agree with his choice just cos he might be a big star that would be a lie. True I was trying to get some validation and love from people here and I got some more than what I ever expected, remember initially I expected everyone to hate me but not everyone did :)! Maybe you can say I'm weak or needy and that could be true but you know the Music World can be a lonely, cruel, hard place so don't blame me for trying to get a glimmer of love that's not a crime. But thank you from the bottom of my heart for those who showed me some and it's cos you did it helps me fight another day, to believe for one more day, cos when life's crazy that love will save me, I know :)!

klukan

If u wanna be successful in the music biz, you need to talk less and let the music speak for itself!

Riley

That doesn't make sense. I'll tell you why, when you click the play button on the song that's when the music starts talking for itself cos that's when your actually in reality listening to the song. So regardless what or how much I write on these posts that's not gonna change the fact of what happens when you click play is it? I mean I could talk about the weather for 15 posts, nope the song still sounds the same lol.

Secondly, let's just get this straight. Unless you are a sucess in the music biz, are you????
Please do not tell me what it takes or ' How to be successful in the music biz ' speeches cos if your not it's all talk and no product if you get what I mean. Don't think I'm being rude I said the same thing once to this producer who had hits when Cool and the gang, George Michael and other big artists from the 80s once and well as soon as he started rolling off those names I was kinda biting my tongue, but hey I'm direct so unless you came on here saying I am Mr hotshot who had this hit and that hit then don't expect me to think otherwise. Another tip about the music biz is that for some it's good business to make money from genuine desires. I don't claim to be some great music success but I have proven myself as a songwriter and musically as someone who has talent/ability for music. That is not being egotistical but why should I pretend otherwise. I'm not going to say I have this much talent or that much talent because then it becomes too subjective but you shouldn't be afraid to admit the simple truth. Another simple truth is that maybe 1 in 10 in music have real talent ( just a guesstimate considerng the hoard of talentless wannabees there are too) so that would make 10,000 out of 100,000 which is still quite a lot of talented people so it's not exactly some exclusive club, hence extremely competitive. But I'm going off point. Back to what I was saying everything I have said about the music biz is from my own raw experience so none of it is made up, speculative bullshit. The challenge of getting anything in this busines is 10 times greater than like getting a normal day job, I mean a normal day job is like taking candy off a baby in comparison. It's like you not only need talent but reaching out to  people in the business, they act like your tryna screw their mothers ha ha It's like fuck I'm jus asking for a little break here stop being such a fucking tight friend lol. But you know one thing that lots of sucessful people say in every industry not just in Music, I've read like a million quotes and the same thing keeps cropping up that is to never give up and keep perservering, which doesn't sound like some super advanced strategy but it's so true and I think the ones who hang in there and keep perservering will be the ones left standing when everyone else has given up. The only question is how long can you keep it up for? That is the question that will ultimately decide how much it truly means to you and how much you are willing to sacrifice before enough is enough. I know right now that my engine has still got a lot of mileage left, It's clocked up a good number of miles and taken a few knocks, twists and turns along the way but nvertheless it's still pumping out the fuel so it's not over till it's over right? Whether that'll be enough only time will tell but whatever happens I got no regrets. You only live once and if you don't go for your dreams that's sad if you ask me, and you know what Andreas says the same thing cos on his myspace check out his quote ' Follow Your Dreams ' and also the name of his book ' Live To Win ' so yeah the man himself is laying it down baby!

Oh I'm sorry have I written too much for you to read, nope cliked play and still the same lol. I'm a cheeky son-of-a-b*tch I know lol! Peace and love bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

OverPop

Chill down man ;)

I think what she was trying to say to you is that "less is more".
What that means is that you probably have a whole bunch of things going on in your songs (haven't heard them so I can't say for sure).
Now what that means is that you should build your whole song around few simple melodies, I mean we're on Cheiron fansite/forum, listen to how they did it (and still do independently).
All of their songs have simple but unforgettable melodies, and that was the whole song, everything else is there to fill out the space and make some atmosphere, composed in a way that it supports that melody.

Peace  :)

maxmartin'sfan

Talk less!
we just told you that your song is repetitive!