• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Britney Spears - Britney Jean - new era (Work b*tch, Perfume, Passenger)

Started by turnaround, August 20, 2013, 05:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on December 05, 2013, 06:30:18 AM
Brightest Morning Star is the best. The production is good, it's actually her vocals in the verses, powerful chorus, and nice ending chorus.

Second best is Alien, but the leaked version is better without all that retarded vocal modulation. Why did they fuck with the melody? Also has a nice ambient, repetitive vibe and the lyrics really hit at something the most relevant to Britney.

Perfume is the third best since it's her singing the whole time and she actually gives it her all it seems. 

the Kool Kojak song's got a killer melody and kind of an epic chorus but I feel like (and same goes for several other album tracks) they used her demo vocals and didn't get a good performance out of her. You can obviously tell the lead vocals are spliced with the studio singer - that's what kills this album the most for me. On that song, Passenger, Work b*tch, Body Ache (is that even her?), Tik Tik Boom, they fucking flat out use another singer cut into her singing. And when she IS actually singing, it sounds so lifeless. Idk what - either the producers didn't get a good performance outta her or she just didn't' care to sing the songs well enough.

Til It's Gone and even It Should Be Easy are kinda good - Chillin' With You has potential but again, poor studio techniques. They just copy and paste her verses and chorus one after another. Where are those classic Britney ad-libs? The ones at the end of Body Ache are fake as shit. Completely and offensively not britney singing those and it's amazing how the engineers think they're tricking the audience. Didn't Britney put in time recording? Why didn't she just sing the parts right? If they felt like they couldn't use her parts she obvs didn't sound good.

FF is so pristine compared to BJ. Flawless, sleek, next-level production and she sings every song like she means it. Inside Out is chillingly good (it already was) and classic and I really am savoring that album even moreso after listening to Britney Jean. Dr. Luke needs to be on the next album. And Kool Kojak. No personal bullshit. Just pop smashes

did you analyze the album?.. lol OK

what about the other songs with will i am. i played this album for my mom she liked it. one thing i dont like is that some songs are not good enough. also please stop mixing dubstep with pop. it just dont fit in anymore. till its gone sounds good in the beginning. dr luke said once repetition works. they repeat alot of her vocals which in my opinion is kinda good. overall this album gets a score of 7 out of 10 from me.

but yeah... her voice..
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on December 05, 2013, 06:30:18 AM
Brightest Morning Star is the best. The production is good, it's actually her vocals in the verses, powerful chorus, and nice ending chorus.

Second best is Alien, but the leaked version is better without all that retarded vocal modulation. Why did they fuck with the melody? Also has a nice ambient, repetitive vibe and the lyrics really hit at something the most relevant to Britney.

Perfume is the third best since it's her singing the whole time and she actually gives it her all it seems. 

the Kool Kojak song's got a killer melody and kind of an epic chorus but I feel like (and same goes for several other album tracks) they used her demo vocals and didn't get a good performance out of her. You can obviously tell the lead vocals are spliced with the studio singer - that's what kills this album the most for me. On that song, Passenger, Work b*tch, Body Ache (is that even her?), Tik Tik Boom, they fucking flat out use another singer cut into her singing. And when she IS actually singing, it sounds so lifeless. Idk what - either the producers didn't get a good performance outta her or she just didn't' care to sing the songs well enough.

Til It's Gone and even It Should Be Easy are kinda good - Chillin' With You has potential but again, poor studio techniques. They just copy and paste her verses and chorus one after another. Where are those classic Britney ad-libs? The ones at the end of Body Ache are fake as shit. Completely and offensively not britney singing those and it's amazing how the engineers think they're tricking the audience. Didn't Britney put in time recording? Why didn't she just sing the parts right? If they felt like they couldn't use her parts she obvs didn't sound good.

FF is so pristine compared to BJ. Flawless, sleek, next-level production and she sings every song like she means it. Inside Out is chillingly good (it already was) and classic and I really am savoring that album even moreso after listening to Britney Jean. Dr. Luke needs to be on the next album. And Kool Kojak. No personal bullshit. Just pop smashes

I agree with you in every single point.
I think that the autotune abuse is will.i.am's fault.
And who A&R'd this?

Shame on them.

nznexus

max martin and  drluke needs to save britney spears career this time.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

i like body ache, till its gone, perfume the dreaming mix and work b*tch

the rest is average

nznexus

J_A24

The production is mediocre, same for the songwriting and this time around she did most of the vocals.

turnaround

Las Vegas show premiered:

Setlist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney:_Piece_of_Me

"Work b*tch"
"Womanizer"
"3"
"Video Sequence"
"Everytime"
"...Baby One More Time" / "Oops!... I Did It Again"
"Video Sequence"
"Me Against the Music"
"Gimme More" / "Break the Ice" / "Piece of Me"
"Video Sequence" (contains elements of "Scream & Shout")
"Boys" (contains elements of The Co-Ed Remix)
"Perfume"
"Dance Sequence" (contains elements of "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)")
"I'm a Slave 4 U"
"Freakshow"
"Do Somethin'"
"Dance Sequence"
"Circus"
"I Wanna Go"
"Lucky"
"Toxic"
"Stronger" / "(You Drive Me) Crazy" (contains elements of The Stop! Remix)
Encore
"Till the World Ends" (contains elements of "Work b*tch")

What essential songs do you think are missing? I hope the Cheiron songs are very close to the original and not swing/funk etc. I hated it when Westlife performed their songs so different from the original live.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

The setlist is pretty good, much better than I thought it would be. It's missing "Hold It Against Me", I really thought that would be there as it was a big hit.
I'm disappointed that "Baby One More Time" and 'Ooop..." are a medley, hopefully she didn't cut each song in half.
I'm glad she included "Stronger/You Drive Me Crazy" even if it's just a medley. Fantastic "Lucky" and "I Wanna Go" is included.

I wonder why she included "Do Something"? it's a terrible song and not a hit. and why include "Freakshow"? not a hit and only an average song. She should replace them with "Hold It Against Me" and "Me Against The Music"

but overall, a good setlist.

turnaround

Yes, absolutely thinking the same as you Rebecca. Odd choices here and then. And hopefully it's not just a bit of the chorus and that's it of BOMT and OIDA. They are Britney's signature songs and they deserve to be played in full length, every note.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Quote from: B Steady on December 29, 2013, 02:20:44 AM
@Rebecca: Freakshow is effin amazing!!!! :D

glad you like it!! but is it a fan favourite overall? Britney has so many other great songs, but hopefully as it's a long run in Vegas, Britney will change the set list here and there so the same fans will go back.
I'm looking forward to seeing some youtube clicks so we can confirm the length of BOMT and OIDA.

Jules

So everyone loves the playback show?  :-X
If you wanna see a real artist actually *perform*, go see P!nk in concert.

Raul_esp

The perfect for me would be :

"Work b*tch"
"Womanizer"
"3"
"Video Sequence"
"Everytime"
"...Baby One More Time"
"Video Sequence"
"Born to Make You Happy"/ "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"
"Gimme More" / "Break the Ice" / "Piece of Me"
"Video Sequence" (contains elements of "Scream & Shout")
"Oops!... I Did It Again"
"Perfume"
"Dance Sequence" (contains elements of "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)")
"I'm a Slave 4 U"
"Overprotected"
"Hold It Against Me"
"Dance Sequence"
"Circus"
"I Wanna Go"
"Lucky"
"Toxic"
"Stronger" / "(You Drive Me) Crazy" (contains elements of The Stop! Remix)
Encore
"Till the World Ends" (contains elements of "Work b*tch")

j.fco.morales

Born To Make You Happy!

I think she doesn't need to tour, it's awful to see her nowadays.