• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Backstreet Boys - Straight Through My Heart + New Album

Started by Feelgoodlies, July 26, 2009, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

I decided to open a whole thread to our beloved band and discuss everything here, the single and the album!

Here is the single cover:

Unexpected

don't we already have a topic for Bigger? we can use that for the new single and album, but this will be easier to track, thanx.

BTW I like the single cover, things looking good so far.

Rebecca

yeah, we do have some other threads, but it is a bit all over the place, so yeah, this will be easier to track.

I just listened to Straight Through My Heart, I love it!

I love the single cover. I'm excited now!

Rebecca

Thanks, I love the snippets. Is this official? Will Colour My World really be on their album? you might already know that BSB recorded it during the time of Never Gone and Westlife released it on their Face to Face album. Anyway, I'm surprised they would go back to an old song.

georg_e

They sound great with this style.  My fave besides "Bigger" is "Masquerade" -- harmonies very addicting on that. Also love the vocal harmonies on "She's A Dream".

Feelgoodlies

Album will only include 11 songs, 5 of them have already leaked, what a shame!
NEW YORK, July 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Backstreet Boys are very proud to announce the release of their new album, This Is Us. Set for an October 6(th) release on Jive Records, This Is Us is the seventh studio album from this groundbreaking and chart topping group that redefined the modern musical landscape, ushering in a chapter of pop culture that commandeered the world's radio airwaves, broke music and concert sales records, and launched a new generation of teen idols. Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and AJ McLean collaborated with a powerhouse suite of producers and songwriters on This Is Us that included T-Pain, Max Martin, RedOne, Soulshock and Karlin, Jim Jonsin and Claude Kelly. The end result is an indelible and finely crafted R&B and pop album from four talented musicians who love what they do and who maintain the rare relevance in an industry that often disposes of pop acts.

The 11 songs that make up This Is Us are the sounds of four skilled singers with a similar vision, who have dealt with the trials and tribulations that accompany fame at an early age and who came out as one of the most successful groups of all time. From the undeniable dance floor ready lead single, "Straight Through My Heart" (click on link to stream) to the reflective soar of "Bigger," from the hook crazy "Bye Bye Love" to the romantic yearning of "She's A Dream," This Is Us shows remarkable growth as songwriters and continues to give us songs that has made millions smile.

"We're really excited to release this new album and know that our fans are excited too. We worked with a group of amazing artists and producers that we've never worked with before, exploring new sounds and territory and know the final product turned out incredible," says Carter.

Backstreet Boys plan on spending the second half of 2009 and all of 2010 on the road. A European tour has already been announced and a full North American headlining tour will be announced shortly. Tour dates can be found on the group's official website www.backstreetboys.com.

Over the last 12 years, the Backstreet Boys have sold more than 76 million albums worldwide, have scored a dozen Top 40 hits and charted in the Top Ten in nearly every country making them one of the most successful groups of all time

Rebecca

oh, only 11 songs, but I bet they'll be cd's with bonus tracks. Yeah, pity 5 have already been released. It's really nice to read a positive article about BSB.

*Sabine*

Staight Through My Heart is freaking amazing, I hope it'll be a hit, it really has potential, hope people will give them a chance! The rest of the album is ok, except for Bigger which is great.

Unexpected

Interview with AJ from DigitalSpy

Digital Spy wanted to know more about the Backstreet Boys new record and single. So they decided to called AJ Mclean from the group to talk more about the album, producer Red One, single, new and old dance moves, and touring. Check out the interview below thanks to Digital Spy for it.

How would you describe 'Straight Through The Heart', the new single?
"I'd use two words - Backstreet Boys. Obviously we've worked with a current producer so it's got an updated sound, but the one thing that we were very adamant about, after hearing feedback from fans, was that we wanted to go back to being us. There was a formula that worked for us and this is exactly that."

How did you come to work with RedOne, who's obviously Lady GaGa's producer?
"Well, it was really down to me and Nick because we're friends with a couple of guys who work with RedOne. I kept bringing up GaGa because I have a crush on her, so Nick called the guys we know and finally we got through to Red. Then it sort of fell apart and didn't happen and we lost hope. Then, just when we thought we were done making the record, we got a phone call from our management saying Red had three amazing songs for us. We did them and we got our first single!"

Did you have another lead single lined up beforehand then?
"We had a few options before we worked with Red, but then we heard 'Straight Through The Heart' and knew it was meant to be. It hits the nail on the head. It's Backstreet Boys. It's dance, it's pop, it's urban, it's current, it's fresh, it's new. We actually had a good problem, which was having five or six options for the single. We made this record hit for hit and we honestly believe it's our best since Millennium."

You've worked with Max Martin, your Millennium producer, on the album. Was that a conscious decision to try to recreate your classic sound?
"We met with him while we were touring the last record just to see if he was even interested. Obviously he's busy with Pink and Kelly Clarkson and people like that. He sent us a track called 'Bigger' and we loved it - it's like the new 'I Want It That Way'. He's one of the reasons why we've had the hits that we've had."

Would you say 'Straight Through My Heart' is reflective of the rest of the album?
"It was actually the icing on the cake. We went into this album wanting to do pop and R&B, which is what we're known for, but we really pushed to have more uptempo songs so we could bring them to the live shows. My favourite song on the record is called 'PDA', which we did with Kevin Borg, who's the Black Eyed Peas' musical director. It's pretty awesome - definitely a club record. Before we got with RedOne, it was looking like the first single, so for all we know it could be the second!"

Some tracks from the album leaked earlier this year. How did you deal with that?
"At first we were P.O.ed because we were trying our hardest to keep this record a secret, but it was actually a good thing in the end. It was interesting because we got to see which songs were more popular than others. The ones we thought were better weren't necessarily the ones the fans liked - it was a 50/50 thing, which is good."

This is your second album without Kevin. Was it any easier as a four-piece this time around?
"Definitely easier. It's been almost four years now. What was a little bit nervewracking is that this record is exactly what Kevin wanted us to do before he left. He heard some of the songs when we were demoing stuff and he loved it. We're still contracted for one more record, so hopefully - maybe - he'll be back for the last one. That would be pretty awesome! Since he left, we've told him the door is always open. He's family."

You're touring later this year - what can we expect from the show?
"We want a true Backstreet Boys show with lots of cool little gags - not over-the-top, just a well-performed show. We'll be doing a couple of really old songs like 'Get Down' and 'We Got It Going On', but they're going to be remixed which will be pretty cool."

Do you still remember the old dance moves?
"We do, but we're getting a brand new choreographer so we're going to start from scratch. It's about time we got rid of the hat routine from 'All I Have To Give'! We might do the signature 'Backstreet's Back' move for the fans though, but for most of the songs it's all going to be new. We'll be in dance rehearsals for six weeks which will make for an amazing show!"

Speaking of the old routines, what do you think when you look back at some of your earliest videos?
"Oh dear God! Some of them we can live without! Not the video, but the wardrobe, which only really made sense in that time and era. Hands down the worst of the worst was 'Quit Playing Games'. We were in the rain with fluorescent shirts showing our pecs and stuff. It was like 'OK? Really? Seriously?!'"

Their single "Straight Through My Heart" produced by Red One will release to radios on September 29th. While their new album This Is Us is set to be released on October 5th.[/i]

*Sabine*

Thanks for this interview, very interesting! 3 Redone songs are great but I'm hoping for more than 1 Max song.

Linda

Quote from: *Sabine* on August 01, 2009, 07:53:52 PM
Staight Through My Heart is freaking amazing, I hope it'll be a hit, it really has potential, hope people will give them a chance! The rest of the album is ok, except for Bigger which is great.

totally agree!
Fingers crossed that people give them a chance
they really deserve it.
i'd love nothing better than to see them sail to the top once again.

Rebecca

Thanks Linda, I loved that interview. Great there's 3 Redone songs, I have a feeling it will just be the one Max song, but it's okay cos it's a good one. I really hope they do well too. Their upcoming concerts sound great - new dance routines! though I loved the old classic ones too.

*Sabine*

Thanks, I can't wait for other performances!
Wow, I would have expected much less dance. They still have a very boysbandish dance routine....and I'm not sure I like it.