• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Spend My Life With U

Started by cheironlover, October 26, 2011, 02:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheironlover

Now this song is supposed to be a mid-tempo cheiron style ballad. I found that what fits with the chorus is a verse melody reminiscent of "All I have to give" but the chorus differs. There is supposed to be a key-change after the bridge and the song is supposed to continue on in the new key. Here is what I have so far that comes after the key change.

So, tell me, what do I have to do so I can spend my life with you?
And all the things that you do. 'Cuz you know it. . .

Prechorus

I'm not supposed to drag things on, but there's something I need you to know.

cheironlover

I put this up here because I'm asking for help writing this

cheironlover

I have it now on my facebook page (my second one) http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000181709474

Just look under the notes ;)

Axel

I don't really understand your posts. You want to write lyrics for a song and are randomly throwing lines in here, hoping that someone will throw some in too, and you got no music yet to go with it?

I don't understand that working-method :)

Dominik

cheironlover

Quote from: Dominik on November 10, 2011, 12:07:43 PM
same here  ???

If you have seen my link to my second face book, you will see that I've come up with more lines, and yes I have a melody for a maority of it, except the bridge. If you want me to, I will put up a video on facebook where I whistle or show on my fl studio the melody to the parts I've just describd.

cheironlover

Quote from: Axel on November 10, 2011, 08:27:08 AM
I don't really understand your posts. You want to write lyrics for a song and are randomly throwing lines in here, hoping that someone will throw some in too, and you got no music yet to go with it?

I don't understand that working-method :)

I always thought you were supposed to go lyrics first instrumental second then production last, plus, I want you to check out my second facebook account under notes and there you will see what I've got. As far as music goes, so far, I only have chorus bells. This site won't let me put a friggin link in there to the wav files I have so that I can share it with you!

Axel

Of course there are no rules to how you are writing a song. Many start out with lyrics first, but for me personally I couldn't imagine working like that. I'm music-driven, so I need a melody first before I can even think of a mood for the lyrics. I also most say I have absolutely no clue of writing lyrics, in fact I'm desperately looking out for a professional lyricist whom I can work with on my songs as my goal is a publishing deal as a songwriter. But my gut feeling says it doesn't work out if you throw one line into a forum, then hope someone else will continue it, without having any clue what the song should be about. IMO another driving factor is that syllables are highly depending on the melody of a song. Because it leads to wordplay or different emphasises, for example the "Para... para.... paradise" in the Coldplay song or in Rihanna's "Umbrella"... ella... ella, and so on.

Does anyone out there have examples of well-known tracks where the lyrics were first? I could imagine it to work for ballads for example, where you have less motion in the melody/vocals.

georg_e

^    ^    ^

Not a specific track, but Billy Steinberg in interview said  he usually writes lyrics first, then his co-writer writes music. (I think "Like A Virgin"  written like that, for example, but he said that "Too Little Too late" was an exception to that method: he helped finish that song).  And in his hit period, Elton John's method was he got a complete lyric by Tim Rice, which he then wrote melody for.

turnaround

I'm thinking of examples too.
I was about to say contact Savan Kotecha if you're searching for a good lyricst but sadly he doesn't accept demos anymore.  :(
And I liked it..

cheironlover

Ouch! :-[ Have you checked my page on facebook in the note sections yet?

cheironlover

Even though I only have examples of bells for the chorus to this song, I'm still struggling to find a way to put the flippin thing up here!

Looks like I'll need to email those to y'all if u are interested!

cheironlover

Quote from: Axel on November 25, 2011, 10:02:03 AM
Of course there are no rules to how you are writing a song. Many start out with lyrics first, but for me personally I couldn't imagine working like that. I'm music-driven, so I need a melody first before I can even think of a mood for the lyrics. I also most say I have absolutely no clue of writing lyrics, in fact I'm desperately looking out for a professional lyricist whom I can work with on my songs as my goal is a publishing deal as a songwriter. But my gut feeling says it doesn't work out if you throw one line into a forum, then hope someone else will continue it, without having any clue what the song should be about. IMO another driving factor is that syllables are highly depending on the melody of a song. Because it leads to wordplay or different emphasises, for example the "Para... para.... paradise" in the Coldplay song or in Rihanna's "Umbrella"... ella... ella, and so on.

Does anyone out there have examples of well-known tracks where the lyrics were first? I could imagine it to work for ballads for example, where you have less motion in the melody/vocals.

Yes this is a ballad. Mid-tempo (think Lucky and Sometimes). And this song is about friendship, pain of unrequited love, asking forgiveness