• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Little Game

Started by B Steady, January 28, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

I want it that way

Another perfect pop song , the second best pop song ever after baby one more time for me , the second chorus is amazing.

Joshua

B Steady

"Criminal"

I remember when I heard that song in 2010/2011 the first time and I just thought: Damn, that's a great production!!! And after a long time this was the first Britney song I really liked! Then I actually didn't care about producers that much but as I found out it is produced by Max & Shellback I was like: OF COURSE it's a great production! Haha :)
Alongside "Hold It Against Me" my favorite song on Femme Fatale! Unfortunately the song wasn't released as a single so it didn't become a success.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on February 22, 2013, 10:45:42 AM
"Criminal"

I remember when I heard that song in 2010/2011 the first time and I just thought: Damn, that's a great production!!! And after a long time this was the first Britney song I really liked! Then I actually didn't care about producers that much but as I found out it is produced by Max & Shellback I was like: OF COURSE it's a great production! Haha :)
Alongside "Hold It Against Me" my favorite song on Femme Fatale! Unfortunately the song wasn't released as a single so it didn't become a success.

It was released as single.

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on February 22, 2013, 02:19:21 PM
Quote from: B Steady on February 22, 2013, 10:45:42 AM
"Criminal"

It was released as single.

Oh, you're right! But not in Germany. At least people weren't interested in this song here :(
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

"Criminal"

Quote from: B Steady on February 22, 2013, 02:40:05 PM
Oh, you're right! But not in Germany. At least people weren't interested in this song here :(

Sadly I don't think anyone worldwide was that interested... it didn't chart very well at all. I love this song, and I also would've believed if someone had told me it was written/produced by any other random team. But like you B, once I knew it was Max and Shellback, it seemed to be obvious because it was sooo good. That minor scale melody in the chorus is genius, like something from another culture altogether, and the flute really made it even more so. When I heard it was going to be the fourth single, there was news of it being a remixed version from an upcoming remix album. I was preparing myself for a terrible dance mix that would kill the feel of the original, but luckily it was just a few enhancements to the album version. If only they had released it as the third single, it may have performed better, but dance floor anthems are the go as per usual. To have it go mostly unheard of in the charts was a huge disappointment, it should have been a hit. Having said that, I was even MORE disappointed that "Inside Out" wasn't a single as originally planned, to me that was pure gold waiting to go straight to number one. But "Criminal" was a good alternative and it should have done well. They even put a bit of effort into the video. It's too good to just become another forgotten album track.

Raul_esp

In Spain ''Criminal'' charted.

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on February 22, 2013, 11:53:01 PM

It charted in many other counties as well but not that good. Except from Brasil where it was even #1 !
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on February 23, 2013, 01:29:01 AM
Quote from: Raul_esp on February 22, 2013, 11:53:01 PM

It charted in many other counties as well but not that good. Except from Brasil where it was even #1 !

Ohh Good taste!  :D

B Steady

Btw if anyone like to discuss a song just do it :) I'm not the boss here :D
Vila i frid Dag