• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Campbell - Don't Want You Back

Started by fahad, July 30, 2007, 01:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fahad

hey everyone, I'm a HUGE max martin fan, since forever. has anyone heard this song, I think it sounds too much of a max martin song, sadly it's not, but hey, at least it reminds me of something that Britney could sing.

Rebecca

Hi fahad, welcome to the forum!

No, i haven't heard the song, I've never even heard of Ellie Cambell - where is she from?

turnaround

Hey fahad!
Yes, welcome to the forum :)
You will like it here as a Max fan no doubt.

I found the video of the song on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jcpq8L6KHAU

And I must say, yes it's very Cheiron and catchy. The beats are almost 1:1 like "Baby one more time".

But it works very well for that song

Very nice background vocals too.
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

I like this song. Veeeeeery cheiron sound!!!!!

Similar to ops i did it again. Lovely when she says BYE BYE BABY 'Cos I'm BETTER THAN THAT!!!
Some news about Ellie????

turnaround

I wish there was, but it's hard to find anything about her.

She was at Jive, released an album, mostly Topham/Twigg -    Pete Waterman

Sadly this wasn't a success at all :(

It peaked at #44 in Australia

Another single "   So Many Ways" peaked at #26 in the UK.

But never heard it.
And I liked it..

Linda

Welcome to the forum Fahad!

this is the first time I have heard of Ellie....

Unexpected

Hey I love Ellie , She's so nice
Actully So Many ways  is great songs

she has also other good songs on her album

Another rainy day
Don't want you back
So many ways
My heart will find a home
Say what you mean
Suspicion

those are my faves on the album

davegeenz

Ellie's "Don't Want You Back", and many of her other tracks came out of Pete Waterman's 'Hit Factory' in the UK...

Song credits: Written by Topham/Twigg;
Produced by Topham/Twigg/Waterman

It was definitely written in the Cheiron Britney/BSB-style, but was a great track and deserved to be a much bigger success

LJ

I think that's pretty embarrassing because they tried so hard to rip it off completely...

turnaround

Quote from: "davegeenz"Ellie's "Don't Want You Back", and many of her other tracks came out of Pete Waterman's 'Hit Factory' in the UK...

Song credits: Written by Topham/Twigg;
Produced by Topham/Twigg/Waterman

It was definitely written in the Cheiron Britney/BSB-style, but was a great track and deserved to be a much bigger success
Hey davegeenz,
also you, very welcome to the boards!  :D
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Welcome to the boards Davegeenz, thanks for the songwriter info!

Feelgoodlies

Oh god I looooove Don't Want You Back soooo much it's one of my favourite CHALLENGE hit of all time,I love her album as well specially "Say What You Mean".

Ellie didn't make it because she was compared to Britney since she came out in the same era....

Rebecca

I only just listened to this song - it's great, I totally remember it now. of course a total rip-off of the Cheiron style but still good.

maxmartin'sfan

The album is not as good as the song!

*Sabine*

I discovered that song thnaks to that thread like a week ago and I must say i'm in love with it! lol
It's impressive how these guys imitated the sound we love so well!!! :o