• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Campbell - Don't Want You Back

Started by fahad, July 30, 2007, 01:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unexpected

Quote from: *Sabine* on January 25, 2008, 11:31:06 AM
I discovered that song thnaks to that thread like a week ago and I must say i'm in love with it! lol
It's impressive how these guys imitated the sound we love so well!!! :o

Yes it's an amazing song , and Ellie has more amazing songs at the same style , I really like her

Feelgoodlies

I love Ellie Campbell's songs specially this song,I have her album as well,she has 2 songs pretty much the same style!!

Say What You Mean and Suspicion.

Although as for my info the producers of this song are the sam producers who worked with Steps in most of their songs(I don't like that group's music it's more electro/pop) but actually Ellie knew how to make them do Pop Music.

turnaround

Oh I have to post in here.
I was shopping recently and in the shop they were playing a very cachty pop song.

I wrote down the lyrics I could understand and now I googled it.

It's by Ellie Campbell.

So many ways
Ellie Campbell - So Many ways

It's very Cheiron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfOhKy--mlM

Must get my hands on her album. - just bought it. I can't wait.
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on November 11, 2012, 09:13:02 PM
Oh I have to post in here.
I was shopping recently and in the shop they were playing a very cachty pop song.

I wrote down the lyrics I could understand and now I googled it.

It's by Ellie Campbell.

So many ways
Ellie Campbell - So Many ways

It's very Cheiron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfOhKy--mlM

Must get my hands on her album. - just bought it. I can't wait.

Wow total Cheiron sound , I love it!

Joshua

This is insane... I had "Don't Want You Back" stuck in my head all morning, and then come on here to find an old revived thread about it! I always loved that song, I have the CD single and all. Topham & Twigg (Steps, Tina Cousins) worked on it, they are up there with my favourite writers/producers, especially for their Tina Cousins work. "So Many Ways" is ok, but not half as strong as "Don't Want You Back" in my mind.

turnaround

I love how we always come back to our favourite producers.

Can't believe that in this thread I was stating I did not "So many ways" and have not googled for it.
I'm glad my supermarket played this.  8) I am stuck in the 90ies musically and it's like a hidden gem for me to find artists from back then who did that special style.

I'm excited to listen to this album. Mark Topham and Karl Twigg have a nice discography.

Steps, Solid HarmoniE, Westlife, H&Claire, Pop!  :-* :)
And I liked it..

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

If you can dream it, you can be it.

Joshua

I just discovered that Ellie's real name is Tina Campbell, but because PWL already had a Tina, they made her change it! Someone on feelgoodlies YouTube video for "Don't Want You Back" posted a nasty comment calling her Tina ("tina campbell you flop you were horrible when you were younger..."  :o). So I had to Google it to see what the deal was, and there you have it. Apparently she also attempted X-Factor in 2005 and made it to the bootcamp stage.

I found an online interview from 2000 which also has a range of other interviews from artists of the time, and now it's got me all nostalgic and revisiting all those pop acts I was obsessed with back then. ;D

http://www.girl.com.au/ellie.htm

turnaround

And I liked it..

cheironlover

Maybe if that same album sounds and all came out now, it might've been sucessful, because it would've been a breath of fresh air, because most of today music releases have no feeling, passion, life, or soul. Alot if not most these days sound the same, all after 2009.