• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Rihanna 'This is what you came for'

Started by NeutronSynergy, June 20, 2016, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeutronSynergy

Writer(s):   Calvin Harris and Nils Sjöberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOkQ4T5WO9E

Such an interesting perspective , like on another planet..

Sjöberg is active also here:
http://www.wintergatan.net/#/news
alis grave nil

NeutronSynergy

Have you people heard - how beautifully she sings ? : with so much emotion in it -  it's like mermaid or something making the polar winds go wild .

You could say - this part of the kaleidoscope reflects truly a world class voice like the evergreens of America - Whitney Houston . Aretha Franklin ,

Continues this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa14VNsdSYM

Or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8jh9QYfEs

That one really blows the sailors down the boarder. yep.
alis grave nil

B Steady

I think Auto-Tune is the word you're looking for
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Rihanna's voice has developed through the years and now is such a pleasure to hear her.
Her tone and richness.

Thank Kuk Harrell for that.

But, this is not one of her most memorable recordings.

sonnyblack2000

But its better then anything from her last solo album

j.fco.morales

Well, it depends on your taste.

Anti is a great record, to me.

sonnyblack2000

Right I understand why some people would like it and there s a couple of songs that I do enjoy but I can tell she tried to write a lot of it and some of the production sounds amateurish to me, but some would call it dark and moody. It was hard to remember any of the song after listening to the album and I like my pop, well, pop ya know

NeutronSynergy

Quote from: B Steady on July 05, 2016, 08:06:43 PM
I think Auto-Tune is the word you're looking for

Is it really so ?  , the song "Love on the brain" - sound's very , very convincing - performance wise  - at live , am i hearing it right?
no playback?  or adaptive signal frequency correction (auto tune is just one algorithm among many ) processing used ?
alis grave nil

NeutronSynergy

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 06, 2016, 04:07:58 AM
Rihanna's voice has developed through the years and now is such a pleasure to hear her.
Her tone and richness.

Thank Kuk Harrell for that.

But, this is not one of her most memorable recordings.

I suppose that translates to confidence thru the years of what they've built.
I dig this side of the kaleidoscope.

Quote from Harrell:

". My role is to capture the artist's personality. To trick them out with Auto-Tune would defeat that purpose, but consumers are used to hearing things pitch perfect so I use pitch correction to ensure that I have a flawless performance."

alis grave nil

NeutronSynergy

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on July 07, 2016, 03:24:31 AM
Right I understand why some people would like it and there s a couple of songs that I do enjoy but I can tell she tried to write a lot of it and some of the production sounds amateurish to me, but some would call it dark and moody. It was hard to remember any of the song after listening to the album and I like my pop, well, pop ya know

Perhaps in the same waters here: ' it's just entertainment folk's'

I don't dig 'anti'  but the lyrics - if they are from personal experience , then that's like veeeeery heavy duty to perform.

Maybe her next record could be called 'pro-something'.

alis grave nil

j.fco.morales

I love Anti mainly because of her vocals and lyrics.

Aesthetically is weird: like a bunch of ideas with little in common... but the album is called ANTI.
It kinda makes sense having that in mind.

And Needed Me is worth everything: sound wise, lyric wise, melody wise, vocal wise.
Such a great song and she delivers her vocals flawlessly.

When I heard Consideration and Needed Me, I thought: Rihanna made it.

sonnyblack2000

Needed me is definitely a stand out track, its was on repeat here for awhile

NeutronSynergy

alis grave nil

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Wolf Cousin

Am I the only one that's genuinely confinced that Calvin wrote this song with Taylor Swift?  :P
I mean listen to it. Those melody's and lyrics are Taylor all over. It also sounds like Taylor. We all know Rihanna sticks very close to the demo. For example when Rihanna recorded Diamonds, even Sia (who obviously wrote and recorded the demo) thought it was herself after she first heard Rihanna's version.

If you ask me, they made a construction to not show Taylor Swift in the credits because Calvin has had struggles in the past when mixing up work and his personal life with Rita Ora. Taylor Swift also wore a t-shirt with the artwork of the song.  It's just so obvious to me  8)