• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Songwriter interviews

Started by Poptasticuk, May 11, 2009, 12:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poptasticuk

A while ago I promised that I would be doing some interviews with songwriters and producers of great pop music on my blog. I posted the first one today with the lovely Norwegian writer Hanne Sørvaag. I will try eventually to get some Cheiron or Cheiron-related writers to do interviews - my interest in Cheiron lies mainly in Max Martin's work, but of course it is interesting to hear from those who worked with him at different points in his career. Any insight about Max is fascinating, after all.

So, here is the link to the interview with Hanne: http://tmbpop.blogspot.com/2009/05/thank-you-for-music-hanne-srvaag.html and I will write in this thread when I post up the next feature in the series.

Linda

oh cool!
thanks for sharing with us
im going to read it right now =]

Raul_esp

wowww this was very interesting , thanks for it ! was very exciting she called max martin the king of the pop  :P

PG

Yes, great interview!   ;D  Hanne has a lovely ear for melody so it was so great that you got to ask her some questions.

*Sabine*

Thanks a lot! I'll read it now and comment later...

Rebecca

wow, what a great interview! congratulations Jessica.

I have never heard Hanne Sørvaag, but of course I know the No Angels song. She sounds lovely, great she mentioned Max and really nice she mentioned Lesley Roy too. I'm surprised she mentioned Jade Macrae, she's had a bit of success in Australia, but no smash hits. Jade Macrae's song "In The Basement" was co-written with Arnthor and her song "I Wanna Be In Love", co-written by Jorgen Elofsson, also other songs by Swedes, anyway, you've probably found that out already.

I've never heard of Anna Sahlene, or Maria Haukaas Storeng

Anyway, how did you contact Hanne? via Myspace?

*Sabine*

Yep Congratulations.

Reb's question crossed my mind too: how exactly did you contact her?

Poptasticuk

I'm glad you all enjoyed reading the interview! Hanne was a great interviewee and it was nice to hear of her appreciation for Max Martin.

Yes, I contacted her via MySpace. She took a while to respond but was really nice and friendly, and even posted a link to the interview on Facebook. I have contacted many writers through MySpace but Hanne's the only one who has responded so far. I wonder if the others simply don't check MySpace very often anymore. One writer I spoke to on Twitter gave me his e-mail address, but he never wrote back when I sent him some questions. I think I will try contacting people through Facebook next, as it's more popular than MySpace these days, or simply searching for e-mails to contact them directly.

Anna Sahlene and Maria Haukaas Storeng are both worth checking out. They actually did a duet together for Melodifestivalen this year called Killing Me Tenderly. Both have been in Eurovision before, Anna for Estonia with the song, Runaway, and Maria for her home country of Norway last year, with Hold On Be Strong. Anna recorded a song called Little Voice which you may know as it was covered by Hilary Duff. The album on which Anna's version appears is full of good songs and highly recommended. Another great song she did is This Woman, her Melodifestivalen entry from 2006. My favourite Maria song is Breathing, which she released shortly after coming 6th in Norway's Idol show.