• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

feedbacks for a song

Started by Dominik, September 07, 2009, 08:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominik

hey guys,
i wrote a song. maybe you check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=989661

it's not about the production at all because i recorded it with a gaming headset. just about the general idea.
maybe i can get some constructive critics because i know there are a lot of songwriters and music listeners on this board.
so check it out

thank you guys

georg_e

Wow man, I really love that song! I plan to listen to it a bunch of times, cuz it's very satisfying.  I actually think the sound is good -- it's kind of unique sound. Guitar sound and parts and singing really xcellent, and harmonies. I love that chord you use just before the first chorus --unexpected chord, great. And that really cool sound at 1:15 --reminds me of some Beatles song, I think from Revolver where they had that sound.  Really great work, congratulations :D

Dominik

oh so cool that you like it. thank you.
yeah that sound at 1:15 is one of the melody guitars just played backwards, thought it really fits in that part. cool that you plan to listen to it furthermore maybe there's something else you can tell me.

love to get more comments from you guys
cheers

Rebecca

that's a great song, if it was more polished and maybe a different singer (sorry if that's you, I don't mean to be rude), it would be just as good as the songs on the radio. Well done Dominik. Is there a chance that you could get it released?

georg_e

Quote from: Dominik on September 07, 2009, 10:57:50 PM
oh so cool that you like it. thank you.
yeah that sound at 1:15 is one of the melody guitars just played backwards, thought it really fits in that part. cool that you plan to listen to it furthermore maybe there's something else you can tell me.

love to get more comments from you guys
cheers
I listened to it about 10 times :D   Well, as far as any other thoughts, I think the melody is very well written, and I just noticed today that the bridge (great harmonies there, btw) has a chldren's song melody there, which reflects the lyrics of the song. Altogether, it is very well constructed -- it seems like with just really good SOUND (recording equipment-wise, I mean), you wouldn't really need to change much to be on the radio, as Rebecca said. Myself -- I actually liked your singing!  :) But another singer (or band) could do it too, of course.

georg_e

PS......on the finished recording, maybe after the bridge you could bring in drums/bass, etc on the chorus -- seems like that would be a dramatic impact, and maybe repeat the chorus twice like that at end.  I like that technique of acoustic for most of a song, and then heavy beat/bass at end, it can be really effective.

Dominik

this were some pretty good advices. i never could get away from the idea to have it only acoustically but now as you say it i can really imagine that a full band joins in in the end. really good idea. and that child song thing i never realised that either.

i think i try to record it more properly soon.
besides i really liked your song "sex drug" georg_e. so also keep us updated with your new work. i think it's such a great oppurtunity to use this board to get critics as you sometimes need a little distance and different opinions for your own music.

keep it up guys

georg_e

Quote from: Dominik on September 08, 2009, 09:23:01 PM
this were some pretty good advices. i never could get away from the idea to have it only acoustically but now as you say it i can really imagine that a full band joins in in the end. really good idea. and that child song thing i never realised that either.

i think i try to record it more properly soon.
besides i really liked your song "sex drug" georg_e. so also keep us updated with your new work. i think it's such a great oppurtunity to use this board to get critics as you sometimes need a little distance and different opinions for your own music.

keep it up guys
Glad it was helpful --it was a pleasure.  Yeah, child song melodies are great --especially since they're not copyrightable! :D     BTW, it wasn't me that wrote "Sex Drug" -- that's another writer on here.

Scott Martin :)

Hi Dominik, I wrote Sex Drug, thanks for the kind words.  ;)

Im trying to listen to your song but it wont play for some reason. Could you email it to me by any chance? I can even pop it on my server if you like, you're welcome to put some of your tracks on there if you need hosting space.

Cheers,

Scott.