• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bridgit Mendler - Hello My Name Is...

Started by gm33, October 24, 2012, 02:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

New album by Bridgit Mendler out yesterday.  Hello My Name Is...

Worth checking out. Most of the songs are by Emanuel "Eman" Kiriakou.

One track of note
9.    "Blonde"      Mendler, Leah Haywood, Daniel Pringle    Dreamlab
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Joshua

Well I've learned a few things. I had to do some wiki-ing to find out the relevance of Leah (I figured you were just a fan, gm33). I knew about her career, but had no idea she had worked with Jörgen, David and Per. I should have known, "We Think It's Love" is such a Cheiron style song, I love it. Wouldn't have picked it so much with "Takin' Back What's Mine" though. What was even cooler was finding out about her backing vocals on "That's The Way It Is". I assume she must have been recording around the same time Celine was.

Anyway, as far as Bridgit goes, I've only heard "Ready Or Not" so far, but it's not bad.

georg_e

Took me awhile to get into this song by her "We're Dancing", but it just clicked with me.  Love the bridge especially.
http://mcdanielentertainment.com/billyandjosh.php      (click 5 songs ahead on their music player).

Feelgoodlies

"Ready or Not" is a really good song, I like it a lot!

But unfortunately this singer doesn't have a good music style.

turnaround

Will check this album. I know too little about Leah I feel. Anyone can recommend some songs?
And I liked it..

gm33

Ready or Not is really the best song (and most pop-ish). The rest of the album is mostly folk(?)-pop. I really like the whole album as the type of album I just put on and listen to from start to finish, but aside from Ready or Not, there's no other big songs that would be good a singles or hits.

Other songs that are worth a listen:

Hurricane
Blonde - cute, addicting song!
Rocks at my Window
The Fall song
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012