• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Rami new song for Nicki Minaj - Starships (album tracks by Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, January 29, 2012, 08:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

It sounds Amazing!! , so poppy , Well done guys , I hope it be a great hit.

turnaround

Quote from: Lidstrom on February 14, 2012, 07:01:55 PM
Rami, Carl, and Wayne wrote this only a few weeks ago! And RedOne should not get even 10% of credit on this song, all he did was tag his name and make a few changes, stupid politics.
Wow, very interesting :o

It's annoying how people now say like "best RedOne track since xx"

Rami is by far the bigger name and bigger producer - they don't need RedOne.

Do you know if Rami has written more with Wayne Hector? Wayne is a big name too.
And I liked it..

Eddie Krommer

Well, maybe RedOne was just a song doctor in this case, which guarantees him a credit on it.

We have read before about how Max does this, we suspected about his role in Domino.

Even though, the song is awesome. It has RAMI-CHEIRON written all over it.

Axel

I'm interested in hearing more about "We have read before about how Max does this"... where can I read about it? :)

Rebecca

Starships is a bit annoying to me, I'm not a fan of Nicki Minaj, but I hope it does really well for Rami.

Rebecca

Quote from: Axel on February 15, 2012, 08:53:13 AM
I'm interested in hearing more about "We have read before about how Max does this"... where can I read about it? :)

I think it's with the song "Dynamite", dr Luke sent it to Max to write the hook (I can't remember where I read it),
I'm sure there's been other examples, I'll try to think of them, maybe someone else might know??

Axel

but hooks are a very important element of a song. A good song without hooks might not be successful. So I think he rightfully got credits for it. And if RedOne made anything like that with Starships, then he should be credited too. The question is if it's an equal-split of royalties too.

turnaround

BTW Dr LUKE has three songs on the record

Va Va Voom, Masquerade and Forever

And I think the discussion about credits is highly interesting.
And I liked it..

klukan

Quote from: turnaround on February 15, 2012, 06:48:06 PM
BTW Dr LUKE has three songs on the record

Va Va Voom, Masquerade and Forever

And I think the discussion about credits is highly interesting.

"Young Forever" is a great song. Probably going to be a radio smash..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz71cp0pm6Y

Rebecca

Quote from: Axel on February 15, 2012, 11:28:33 AM
but hooks are a very important element of a song. A good song without hooks might not be successful. So I think he rightfully got credits for it. And if RedOne made anything like that with Starships, then he should be credited too. The question is if it's an equal-split of royalties too.

oh absolutely, the hook is the most important part of the song, because that's what gets stuck in your brain.

I think Max was also brought in as a "song-doctor" for A-ha's "Analogue" too.

Axel

Is it just me or...  I'm not really blown away by this song. Sure, it fits the current style of songs, but seriously now.. during the chorus you can easily sing the background-"ooooh-oh-oh-ohohohooh"-parts from the Max' Till The World Ends chorus. This is too bloody close, guys. I would never have dared to do something THIS close with Till The Worlds Ends being out there. I mean, I can understand if someone writes a song and another guy comes up and says "dude, this is close to that song by band X from 1982", or something like this. But Till The World Ends was super-exposed, so they sure know what they did with Starships. It's not even obscured very well.

Overall the song works, and I'm expecting this to climb to the Billboard top 3.

turnaround

Right now I quite like it too. And apparently they wrote another song for Nicki :o
And I liked it..

turnaround

1. Roman Holiday
2. Come On A Cone
3. I Am Your Leader (feat. Cam'ron & Rick Ross)
4. Beez In The Trap (feat. 2 Chainz)
5. HOV Lane
6. Roman Reloaded (feat. Lil Wayne)
7. Champion (feat. NAS, Drake & Young Jeezy)
8. Right By My Side (feat. Chris Brown)
9. Sex In the Lounge (feat. Lil Wayne & Bobby V)
10. Starships
11. Pound The Alarm
12. Whip It
13. Automatic
14. Beautiful Sinner
15. Marilyn Monroe
16. Young Forever
17. Fire Burns
18. Gun Shot (feat. Beenie Man)
19. Stupid Hoe

Deluxe Edition

20. Turn Me On
21. Va Va Voom
22. Masquerade

I wonder which song RAMI wrote besides STARSHIPS
And I liked it..

Eddie Krommer

Here's the sampler: http://perezhilton.com/2012-03-21-nicki-minaj-roman-reloaded-sampler-listen-march-2012#.T2ovCdkw1dg

Based on the Carl Falk tweets, I guess, Pound The Alarm, brings the Kinglet dudes back.

Now, If you check out RedOne's credits on the album (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedOne_production_discography) he's involved too in Pound The Alarm and other tracks.

Hope, Rami & Carl collaborate on them too.

Raul_esp

The songs in the final sound amazing , I guess are By Rami and RedOne.