• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cassadee Pop - Easier To Lie by Max

Started by gm33, April 17, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backgammonfiend

Man you know the answer already. Back in the day there was no tiktok or youtube for random people to plug songs. Get to you is a certified classic which probably sold less than 100 copies. Without the marketing engine behind BSB they would have likely suffered the same fate as solid harmonie. Songs like IWITW and IWYB were timeless enough to slowly climb up the chart but it would take a long friend time.

I wouldn't cite the lesley roy album as some kind of hidden gem, 80% of that was straight up MID

Snipes3000

Quote from: Dagge on January 05, 2022, 01:19:10 AM
If a good commercially appealing song without a strong mktg effort ends up as a flop, does that suggest that mktg is more important than a good song.

Yes, without the means to communicate a song to the audience you have nothing. Every act to show your song is a form of marketing though. Fact is that companies are more willing to put their trust in the request of a record label or publishing company that they have a relationship with than some unsigned act with a good song. But tiktok is also a promotion platform and if you are lucky your song gets used on a million videos of kids, or if you're lucky your song is picked up by the youtube algorhythm, or you get placed on a playlist made by spotify (in the latter case again, record label and publishers are ahead).

Aside from the little promotion that was given to Lesley Roy's album, another example is the 2001 Michael Jackson album. Both albums had the potential to release more singles and therewith become a success. If they were still backed by the record labels, I'm convinced there were more singles released on both albums.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on December 27, 2021, 08:26:23 AM
Easier to Lie Demo by Christina Aguilera leaked (2012)

We can compare what did Dann Huff add as a co-producer
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1zGeD4pgev5ODR5jg4TnAm?si=74de83b11459473f[/spotify]

It makes more sense as a country ballad, totally. Christina doesn't sound right and the production is kinda bland.