• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 06, 2021, 08:03:37 AM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1MpDtfoWVGQxo0CQNky4dd?si=fe124f64a36149c3[/spotify]

Check this out: it's a french disco song from 1977.

Any similarities?  ;D

omg it practically samples this! did you find this on your own, or someone else posted it? The similarities are glaring. It's even in the same key!

B Steady

This is Lenny Kravitz' "The Chamber", Disclosure's "Nocturnal" (feat. The Weeknd), "Blinding Lights" and Berlin's "Take My Breath Away" (obviously) thrown into one song - and it is amazing!
However it might not become as big as "Blinding Lights". And to go even further, without the success of "Blinding Lights" this song wouldn't receive that much acceptance.

Edit: And apparently there's a huge portion of Cerrone's "Supernature" interpolated.
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Cool they Elvira did background vocals on this. Hopefully we get the stems one day so we can hear her part / the song layers in general. The vocoder is less prominent but it's still there

nanofives

The Rhode keys have a similar feel to pink's hey why (miss you sometime), I love it, I didn't fully catch it on the first listen, but now I'm obsessed.

backgammonfiend

this song was on its way to classic status until i heard the hook. how you gonna have your lead single riding off THIS come on now

the vocoder in the bridge is serving thinking of you/international smile teas... that jawn fr brought the track all the way back from the dead

the giorgio moroder type beat is excellent and accurate. its my head canon that shellback literally fixed everything that was wrong with the drum samples on BL and SYT so that oscar could lay down this heat

j.fco.morales