• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - current album "evermore" (no Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, August 23, 2017, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagge

One shouldn't be too picky considering the musical environment we live in today. Unlike the period 30 years ago, today every melody or every chord progression we hear was already exploited several times in the past. As a consequence great majority of today top chart songs appear corny at the best. That familiar feeling as you have heard it so many times before, but in a slightly different package. There is no surprise and excitement in today hits. Only best of the best like frankly Max are capable of surprising the listener from time to time with a semi-fresh melody. Other poor souls that are less capable are destined to compose sub-standard songs that pass sonic make-up like heavy compressing, exciting and spreading hooks like Covid then enhancing by the people like Serban. For majority of them it is the matter of belonging to the famous music writing teams because getting on the chart has more to do with who you know than with what you know. I'm regularly amused by reading about 'new fresh talents' only to realize how average they actually are.

Another bad thing that happened to the music was spreading Cheiron 'set of rules' and a way of thinking about making music to the people of average talent. While original creators used their talent and hard work to mould those rules as a byside product, copycats fell into thinking that following other people rules will somehow make them appear more talented. The result can be heard on the everyday radio, pretty sad if you ask me.

So next time I heard about some new stellar guy, I would love to hear something new in his or her music that others will try to copy.

bugmenot

1989 Taylor's version is released if anyone interested how shitty these songs are without good producers.
Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version) has a co-producing credit by Shellback.
Ryan Tedder is credited as a producer on his respective songs but the sound is so bad, I don't know what to say. I know places was such a nice song and this version is a spotify-core bedroom record with unbalanced parts. Youtube covers sound better.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: bugmenot on October 27, 2023, 08:05:30 AM1989 Taylor's version is released if anyone interested how shitty these songs are without good producers.
Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version) has a co-producing credit by Shellback.
Ryan Tedder is credited as a producer on his respective songs but the sound is so bad, I don't know what to say. I know places was such a nice song and this version is a spotify-core bedroom record with unbalanced parts. Youtube covers sounds better.

100% agree. Style, Blank Space, I Know Places, Shake it Off were laughably bad. Like Kidz Bop covers sung by a 32 year old. just bad.