• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dr. Luke Productions Thread

Started by nanofives, May 13, 2022, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1ZygZX3pyRyGxANo6WrSV0?si=e1d782dfebbb4e15[/spotify]

Written and produced by Dr. Luke and Joy Oladokun
I don't know who this guy is, but he brings a side of Luke that I'm not used to hear.

BCH2003

I like it. I normally don't listen to a lot of Folk, but this is good. You can hear hints of Luke in the song, but it's in a different genre that he doesn't normally delve in.

j.fco.morales

Joy's work is very hyped. Not the kind of music we're used to hear but it's nice though.

melodicmoonlight

this is really nice. gives me old school Luke when he specialized in acoustic guitars. simple production but nice melody for sure

melodicmoonlight

Luke produced Nicki's upcoming song "Freaky Girl"

BCH2003

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 24, 2022, 08:09:46 PM
Luke produced Nicki's upcoming song "Freaky Girl"
I'm not sure, I saw it on Genius the other day, listened to the snippet, and while it does sound like him, i'm going to take it with a  grain of salt. We don't know if the song is produced by him, as of today, his credit was removed on the website. The best thing to do is wait for the song to come out, and then check the credits to see. I'm not really the one to jump to conclusions.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: BCH2003 on July 24, 2022, 08:50:26 PM
I'm not sure, I saw it on Genius the other day, listened to the snippet, and while it does sound like him, i'm going to take it with a  grain of salt. We don't know if the song is produced by him, as of today, his credit was removed on the website. The best thing to do is wait for the song to come out, and then check the credits to see. I'm not really the one to jump to conclusions.

It is produced by him. It's not jumping to conclusions. It hasn't been publicized anywhere because Nicki wants the song to do well presumably.

But it's been confirmed to me by someone on the song that Luke produced it. Also, it sounds just like him & he also liked her Instagram post with the song snippet.

j.fco.morales

I think using these mega popular samples it's playing safe AF.

Come on! Try harder!

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/4C6Uex2ILwJi9sZXRdmqXp?si=ee5544dad62d4035[/spotify]

Written by Aaron Joseph, Lunchmoney Lewis, Laurfen Miller, Dr. Luke Nicki Minaj and Vaughn Oliver
Produced by Dr. Luke, Aaron Joseph, Vaughn Oliver, Malibu Babie
Samples Super Freak, written by Alonzo Miller and Rick James

j.fco.morales

It's super catchy. Safe but catchy.

Reminds me of Anaconda a bit. Looks like she needed a hit  ::)

nanofives

Before this one and Big Energy I don't recall Luke doing many samples in the past. Would be this his new direction?
Maybe it's something he took from Max since he always said he didn't like sampling.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on August 13, 2022, 03:36:55 AM
Before this one and Big Energy I don't recall Luke doing many samples in the past. Would be this his new direction?
Maybe it's something he took from Max since he always said he didn't like sampling.

I have a feeling that's the direction he's going in. Samples are def on fire right now. Beyonce's recent album being a huge indicator of that.

Ava Max does it a lot in her music which makes me wonder if she'd work with Luke. Seems like he likes doing it for his rap/hip hop-pop artists

j.fco.morales

Creatives are running out of ideas...