• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lesley Roy

Started by Rebecca, February 23, 2007, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markus1981

Well I've just listened to the album three times on repeat and I have to say I love it. I'd only listened the the myspace tracks once as I didn't want to spoil it so it still felt new and fresh. Of course I love the Max tracks best, they really are amazing, but I love the whole album - there's not a track I don't like and although I was unsure if I liked Lesley's voice originally I now really love it.

I really hope this is huge but have a feeling that poor promotion will stop this album getting the recognition it deserves!

*Sabine*

Sounds really good, gotta get it asap!
Since you have the album, could you tell us the credits of every songs please? Thx
So how many Max song are there at the end?

Rebecca

That's great news Markus! I can't wait to hear it all.

Tiiger

I shall order this album from America, I don't want to download it.  8)

Edit:
Just ordered the album through a Swedish site, they import some CDs and it was really cheap. Yippie-ya-yey!  ;D
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Raul_esp

I have heard all the songs of the album and the album is amazing!!! , the best in 2008 , the best tracks for me :

1-unbeautiful!!  :o(max martin)
2-I'm gone I'm going(max martin)
3-Hear for you now(max martin)
4-psycho b*tch(max martin)
5-slow goodbye(max martin)
6-Thinking out loud(max martin)
7-Misfit
8-when I look at you
9-come to your senses
10-make it back
11-come back
12-crushed
13-dead but breathing

I think these are the max martin tracks

*Sabine*

Wow 6 Max tracks!!! Must be a real HQ album i'm impressed! i'll comment on it later once i've heard it...

Rebecca

wow, 6 tracks is great.

I'm very worried that there is not enough promotion for Lesley.

*Sabine*

Really, there'll be no promotion? If not, she'll really be a 'spoilt' talent!  :-[  
Well, i listened to the album yesterday and without knowing what songs were Max's tracks.
My favourite song from Max is obviously unbeautiful, then i'm gone i'm going and also i like slow goodbye a lot. I don't like so much the other Max songs and I also think Psycho b*tch is really average... just not my taste maybe. Or is it Lesley's voice? I recognize she sings really well and has a lot of talent but i don't like so much how she sounds.
Curiously, for me the best song on the album is not by Max: when i look at you. This is song is just wow!

Tiiger

Quote from: Rebecca on September 18, 2008, 12:48:19 PM
I'm very worried that there is not enough promotion for Lesley.

I hear you. It seems like the single hasn't made any impact at all, no one is talking about Lesley anywhere but here.  :-\
She should have started out in Europe first before America, which is a very hard market to crack in the first place.

If nothing comes out of this it's a waste of Lesley's talent and Max's songs...
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Rebecca

Yes, big mistake to start Lesley in America! it's usually impossible for non-Americans to make it there. yeah, should have started in Ireland then Europe then America.
oh well.

Markus1981

Sorry Sabine I can't give you the full album credits as I don't actually have a copy of it yet, it is just a download for the moment. The album is really amazing though and I will of course be heading out to pick up my copy when it is released.

My favourite tracks are the 6 Max tracks (if that is all there is) as well as Dead But Breathing which is such a beautiful ballad with amazing strings on it - it gives me goosebumps! and When I Look At You which is another good rocker and has a bit of the Max sound to it as well (but I don't think it's him is it?). All in all after having it on repeat all day the best word I can use to describe this album is 'epic'. I love it!!! Well done Lesley and well done Max! ;D

*Sabine*

That's ok Markus, i'll wait to get the physical album to see the credits. When I Look at you sounds so much Maratonish! I bet it's by Max, let's see later! ;)

turnaround

It's annoying.

They waited way too long to launch her career, and now she was drowned by the hype of Katy Perry (which is well deserved for Katy of course).

She should leave the US and try Europe, she has a worldclass album with the best songwriters of the world.

Oh and "Psycho b*tch" would have been the better first single.

I must know who wrote "Dead but breathing", it is overwhelmingly amazing.  :o

Contestant for my song of the year..
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

I 'm addicted to ''here for you now'' , the intro is amazing!!

turnaround

And I liked it..