• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maroon 5 - New song "What Lovers Do"

Started by gm33, May 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

An executive producer has multiple roles: booking sessions with songwriters and producers and supervising the whole project, mostly A&Ring.

He did the same thing with Luke on Britney's Femme Fatale.

AdamKhan

Leaving Cali is an amazing song!! defo my fave tune on the album. I also love the vocal production on the shellback 'feelings' record. Unkiss me is brilliant, Ross golan + Johan did a great job on that too. Overall a brilliant album  ;D

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Amazing pop album , my favourites are the singles and specially ''it was always you'' , what a pop song! ,   I love too ''Feelings'' , ''Leaving california'' , ''My heart is open'' , ''In your pocket'' and ''New love''. A pity Max didn't produce any song.

turnaround

Max recorded the vocals for "Animals" with Shellback.
And I liked it..

B Steady

My heart is open is so weird. Such a quiet ballad with so much auto tune and 4(!!!) producers!?!?!

The chorus topline of Sugar is soooo brilliant!!!
Sugar and Unkiss Me (strongest pre chorus in awhile!!!!) are my favorite songs after Maps

Animals: I really hate that "ah oooooooooooooooh" part at the end of the mid8 that leads to the final chorus(es)
It was always you: The part between chorus 2 and mid8 sounds like the Earth Song lol.
Leaving California: why does it end the way it ends? Way too soon!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..

Polarmachine

in my opinion there's a lot of amazing production on this record but there is no super good song (melody) except I would say Leaving California.
I can't believe how Animals is the 2nd single instead of Leaving California.  :-\
One thing I don't like is how the nice beat in New Love just ends and a super fast 4 to the floor comes in on the chorus. Ruins it for me

B Steady

Leaving California is one of the worst songs on this album in my opinion. Horrible post chorus (oh oh oh ..... + unnecessary half time beat) + the actual end should've been the mid8 ... bad songwriting in my opinion when it comes to the arrangement
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Leaving California just got more amazing for me. Ryn Weaver does some background vocals on it (the "huh-huh"s in the 2nd chorus.)

But if you filter out the song, you can hear her doing harmonies on the second pre-chorus. it's so awesome to hear her on it. "But if you run away, I won't be alright!"

https://soundcloud.com/user5004831/leaving-california-ryn-weaver-bg-vox

This is the best song on the album, along with Sugar and Unkiss Me.

B Steady

I love the "yes please" lyric in Sugar. It just sounds cool :D

Maps is among the top 6 songs of this decade for me:

Diamonds
Hold It Against Me
In A World Like This
Maps
Till The World Ends
Where Have You Been
(alphabetical order, Diamonds is my #1 though!)
Vila i frid Dag

Rex

The first time i heard "leaving california" reminds me of "Wavin flag"

Polarmachine

I think it's awesome that Leaving California only have two choruses. Not the same song structure all the time. And it's smart because I don't get tired off it as fast. Makes me want to listen to again.