• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kim Petras Official Thread

Started by melodicmoonlight, August 04, 2017, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Kim released a cover of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill for Amazon Original Pride Month playlist "PROUD".

Sounds nice and it's a smart move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5KVbhHoEeU

McCartneyMartin

Sounds like a cash grab, we got the original charting again we don't need to have some inferior version to be clogging up the airwaves. Besides Kim doesn't have the appeal power as many artists do.

j.fco.morales

Wow, harshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You know? When I don't have anything positive to say, I just don't say a word. You should try that.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 09, 2022, 10:09:28 PM
Wow, harshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You know? When I don't have anything positive to say, I just don't say a word. You should try that.

Well I'm sorry I like dropping truth bombs on things that need to be revealed because I'm not a person that will consume everything that a big label will push out.

BCH2003

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on June 09, 2022, 10:15:46 PM
Well I'm sorry I like dropping truth bombs on things that need to be revealed because I'm not a person that will consume everything that a big label will push out.
Ironic that you call it a cash gab when this tweet from Vaughn (who produced the cover) says otherwise: https://twitter.com/WeAreOliver/status/1532862273269604352
QuoteWe made this about a month ago, crazy timing since people have since discovered the original from the new Stranger Things season  Hope we did it justice
Also, this was released as an Amazon Original only, It's not on Apple Music, Spotify, whatever. So you don't have to worry about it charting, you pussy.

bugmenot

Amazing voice. Sad that they didn't really modify the arrengement, I would love something fresh.

nanofives

nanofives

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on June 09, 2022, 10:15:46 PM

You're not waking anyone up nor dropping truth bombs, you're just a hater, try to look at the negativity in all of your 88 posts, you're almost always picking up fights with anyone, hating on Max's career and hating on new music that's not industrial, rock or just music from the 80s.

You even said at some point that you would try to be more positive in the future, I guess the pills don't work for you.
Do yourself a favor and find another forum where you find like-minded people who aren't just sheep that consumes music from big corporations.

I hope this is something you can understand since your English is not very good as you said.

BCH2003

Quote from: nanofives on June 10, 2022, 12:38:21 PM
You're not waking anyone up nor dropping truth bombs, you're just a hater, try to look at the negativity in all of your 88 posts, you're almost always picking up fights with anyone, hating on Max's career and hating on new music that's not industrial, rock or just music from the 80s.

You even said at some point that you would try to be more positive in the future, I guess the pills don't work for you.
Do yourself a favor and find another forum where you find like-minded people who aren't just sheep that consumes music from big corporations.

I hope this is something you can understand since your English is not very good as you said.
Thank you, nanofives. Couldn't have said it better myself.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: BCH2003 on June 10, 2022, 01:44:57 AM
Ironic that you call it a cash gab when this tweet from Vaughn (who produced the cover) says otherwise: https://twitter.com/WeAreOliver/status/1532862273269604352Also, this was released as an Amazon Original only, It's not on Apple Music, Spotify, whatever. So you don't have to worry about it charting, you pussy.

You tell 'em!

Y'all need to put some respect on Kim's name

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on June 10, 2022, 12:38:21 PM

I would be more positive if music would start getting to be a little bit more creative or how it used to be back in the 70s 80s or even early 90s. Back then you had real artists that could play real instruments that had a mix it on analog tape opposed to just mixing it poorly and let brick wall compression do the rest to make it sound like a bunch of noise instead of having highs and lows that bring out emotion and dynamic range
from each of the instruments being played including the vocals. Call me a boomer but I can't hide my cynicism to how I see the rest of the world. Maybe it's because that we already perfected music in there's nothing more than just a steady decline to mediocrity. "We are all puppets in this world I'm just one that can see the strings."

nanofives

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on June 11, 2022, 12:06:59 AM
I would be more positive if music would start getting to be a little bit more creative or how it used to be back in the 70s 80s or even early 90s. Back then you had real artists that could play real instruments that had a mix it on analog tape opposed to just mixing it poorly and let brick wall compression do the rest to make it sound like a bunch of noise instead of having highs and lows that bring out emotion and dynamic range
from each of the instruments being played including the vocals. Call me a boomer but I can't hide my cynicism to how I see the rest of the world. Maybe it's because that we already perfected music in there's nothing more than just a steady decline to mediocrity. "We are all puppets in this world I'm just one that can see the strings."

Are you a bot? Or that's the whole deck of arguments to post for every song that gets released? I've read it, you're just repeating yourself over and over.
Either way we've heard you already the first time, stop trolling and spread unnecessary hate.

Dagge

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on June 11, 2022, 12:06:59 AM

I do not want to be labeled as a contrarian because of this comment but sorry some valid points here. Creativity has gone long ago (enthusiasm too), compared to the music during 90's. It can be heard in the majority of releases. People are starting their music careers for the wrong reasons and nobody is checking their talent before they are allowed to step in because of the affordable technology and info. I don't see this as a hate speech, just politely saying the truth. Hopefully, those good deeds will come back soon or later. Anyway I suppose there is not much room for that to happenk any time soon because of the reality we all live in. But there is certainly hope.

nanofives

The problem is not being a contrarian or expressing their opinion.
The problem starts when both of you finish by saying "speaking the truth" as if your point of view is objective in any way whatsoever.
None of what you say it's objective, you may believe you are speaking the truth, but saying it over and over (in the case of McCartneyMartin) doesn't become "the truth".
Again, be free to say what you want, but don't pretend a positive reaction to what you say if you want to impose your beliefs to everyone else.

And just so you know, I disagree, music from the 90s is different than now, it's not lacking, better, worse, it's just different. Reasons to start a career are not right or wrong compared to the past, it's just different.
Technology is always changing the game, it has always been this way, but if you can't move with the times it's not our problem. The problem is that you got old and old people tend to reject change, that may be the reason why no one stays in the game forever, well, maybe except for Max.
I personally feel more engaged with music of today, every release that I post every Friday is what I'm engaged the most and the reason to keep looking for new music.
I may agree at some points like being lackluster at times or just miserably short, but condemning a whole industry and calling it "facts"? That's way too much.

Dagge

I apologize for not mentioning that I am subjective of course. But I am a genuine music fan, enthusiastic and overall a positive person. Age has nothing to do with it, a good song is a good song. So no hate speech is involved. I perfectly understand your attitude and you as a fan may be right. It's only that I see all this from a slightly different, more analytic perspective so I love to think that I know a bit more about how all this evolved than the majority of ordinary fans that are consumers only (no pun intended).

As a person with such perspective I feel that majority of today music isn't created like Cheiron guys did during 90's (and SAW and many others before them) - with enthusiasm, passion and using own creativity. I think too many of them look for the Cheiron book of recipe trying to mimic their methods in order to get their results which is pathetic and literally impossible. How do I know? It's all over too many songs if you pay enough attention. Youtube is full of instructions and analyses of Max / Cheiron work where wannabe gurus 'instruct' others how to achieve this and that. This is really pathetic but we have two choices. To pretend everything is like it should be or to risk and say politely own opinion about that. I am in the second category because in life I don't believe in lies and fake things.

You may say that today's music is different and I would love to believe in this. Yet Max influence is everywhere, mostly resulting in sub-standard copies. So it is not as different as it should be, they need to get rid of that influence which was motivated mostly by the get-rich-quick thoughts. Let the music be again a thing of one's own talent, enthusiasm and creativity, not a recipe book of others. And yes, as much as I appreciate Max sorry but Max should retire for the sake of music and all those wannabes that are taking the wrong path. This is not hate speech but the freedom of expressing one's opinion, thanks :) Have a nice day