• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Giorgio Moroder "Tom's Diner" featuring Britney Spears

Started by melodicmoonlight, April 24, 2015, 10:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Britney's cover of the Suzanne Vega's 1987 original. This description aptly sums up how I feel about the track.
Love the vocoder and Giorgio's pulsating production.

QuoteBritney’s take on the track is an ideal musical meeting point between the two icons: While “Tom’s Diner” certainly doesn’t require much of a vocal range on her part, Britney’s delicious speak-singing voice still makes each and every syllable feel utterly, undeniably Britney — even when heavily vocoded and layered to a “Piece Of Me”-like degree — as she slowly moves her eyes across the diner in a daze. (“Instead, I pour the milk…”)

Moroder, ever the synth-pop pioneer, compliments B’s vocals with his own stomping space beats and dramatic strings. Those dark drops after the chorus, especially, provide a more fresh, complex update to the original. (It’s hot!) The legendary synth producer even makes a cameo in the bridge — the one she didn’t finish recording for whatever reason — providing a kind of unexpected robot strangeness. It’s jarring, but for Moroder’s own album, it’s also kind of the perfect move.

More here

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/giorgio-moroder-deja-vu-2/

ShockdioN

I thought u were gonna add the track on here... not a big fan of this Giorgio Moroder dude. The song featuring SIA sucks Imo..

Rebecca

I like Britney's version of Tom's Diner. It makes me want some new music from Britney.
ShockDion, you shouldn't judge Giorgio Moroder on just these songs. What about Irene Cara's "What a Feeling" from Flashdance, cheesy, but so catchy.

j.fco.morales

I try to not write when I don't like something, but I think these new songs from Moroder sound like trash.

ShockdioN

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 26, 2015, 06:58:34 PM
I try to not write when I don't like something, but I think these new songs from Moroder sound like trash.

..mmhmm...yeah...