• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kim Petras - Slut Pop EP (Dr. Luke)

Started by nanofives, February 11, 2022, 01:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/album/4rs52z8T5zPbsa5HM75tua?si=yaeMzd9FSNGiM1W0_SZDtA[/spotify]

The EP is out, it's produced solely by Luke, writers include Rocco Valdes, the Aarons, Ryan Ogren, Chloe Angelides and Alex Chapman

Seems experimental, like Charli XCX's Vroom Vroom, I found it kinda hard to listen at first glance, although the beats are catchy.

j.fco.morales

Experimental? This is early 2000's influenced pop!

melodicmoonlight

Yea this is pretty amazing. Def y2k vibes

The beats are crisp and punchy. Luke must've enjoyed working on a fun project like this, not designed for commercial marketability per se but it's already doing quite well.

Love how short the songs are. It has high replay value  ;D

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on February 12, 2022, 03:21:29 AM
Yea this is pretty amazing. Def y2k vibes

The beats are crisp and punchy. Luke must've enjoyed working on a fun project like this, not designed for commercial marketability per se but it's already doing quite well.

Love how short the songs are. It has high replay value  ;D

I love it just how short our attention spans have gotta over the last few decades. Some songs barely peaking over 2 mins. I bet in ten years songs with be only a minute or so long.  :(

Snipes3000

Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Dagge

Do not want to spoil Dr Luke fans but I subjectively feel Luke arr and songwriting skills are way behind Cheironers

bugmenot

nanofives

I hated it at first listen, but I completely changed my mind about this EP, it's definitely a grower.

Snipes3000

Quote from: Dagge on February 19, 2022, 12:45:20 PM
Do not want to spoil Dr Luke fans but I subjectively feel Luke arr and songwriting skills are way behind Cheironers

I understand what you are trying to say. He's just versatile, going into hiphop territories more than the Cheironers have done and more succesfully as well. Hiphop has diffferent standards.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Cheiron and Luke are two completely different things.

Absolutely loving this new Kim era.

Helluvafella

I don't know guys, as much as i love luke to me all the songs sound like Tik Tok money grab. Super short songs with "edgy"lyrics for 13 year old girls to do stupid dances to.

j.fco.morales

Clearly you're not the target of this music haha

Helluvafella

Helluvafella

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on February 12, 2022, 03:41:48 AM
I love it just how short our attention spans have gotta over the last few decades. Some songs barely peaking over 2 mins. I bet in ten years songs with be only a minute or so long.  :(

Honestly, I hate that. Songs get shorter and shorter because (yes, we have shorter attention spans) but more importantly because shorter songs generate more streams on Spotify. Instead of getting paid by physical sales, artists getting paid in a stream, which only counts if someone listens to 30 seconds of a song. It actually makes sense if you can have more songs streamed at a time, which means that you want to pack your album full of much shorter songs. So if you have an album like Drake's Scorpion, which is a really long double album coming in at almost 90 minutes, he's got a ton of really short songs on there, because he gets paid for every song you listen to, whether or not you listen to the whole album. So basically Spotify is the cause. Not only are songs getting shorter, but the way artists are introducing their songs is changing. Gone is the era of long intros that sort of slowly get you into the song. Today, we are not only seeing songs getting shorter, but there is a sort of a new song structure, where basically a song, at the very beginning, will play a hint of the chorus in the first five to 10 seconds so that the hook is in your ear, hoping that you'll stick around till about 30 seconds in when the full chorus eventually comes in.

nanofives

Writers and producers are having the roughest time to earn money from making music, songs getting shorter is meant to be  to maintain profitability. Some people just pay rent with their music credits.
I also don't see Spotify doing anything about it, unless we pay more for Spotify, which we won't because no one is willing to pay more. It's even worse in tough economies like my country where we pay even less due to the high value of the US dollar (I think in Argentina the Spotify subscription is around 1-2 USD if you convert it).