• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Marion Ravens - "Here I Am" in Norwegian (song written by Max, Marion and Rami)

Started by turnaround, February 11, 2013, 04:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Very nice - "Here I Am" written by Marion, Rami and Max Martin was performed in Norwegian on the TV Show Hver gang vi motes.

Marion was very touched as you can see in the video:

http://www.tv2.no/play/underholdning/hvergangvimotes/opptredener/magnus-groenneberg-here-i-am-696402.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_I_Am_%28Marion_Raven_album%29
And I liked it..

gm33

Wow! That was amazing. Marion is amazing. M2M was amazing. That album was perfect.

Anyone know background on this? Who was the band and why were they doing this that caused it to be so emotional. I've never heard the song translated before (I'm assuming to Norwegian)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

turnaround

Yes, this is a very cool show.

The basic premise is that each artist attempts to do their own version of another artists well-known songs, with each person getting an episode featuring all of their songs being performed by the other musicians. The artists spend eight days together at a hotel in Gotland, where they attempt to put their own stamps on the songs.

Marion talked about M2M and their split and that she regrets some things regarding her solo career.

The articles are mostly in Norwegian so it is hard to follow.

Lene Marlin is also on that show and "day" was also very emotional.

I love Lene Marlin :D and her cover of a Marion Ravn song was also very nice.

On the Lene Marlin day, Marion presented a fantastic version of "Unforgivable sinner"

You can find all the Videos on the site above if you are interested. :)
And I liked it..

Joshua

What a great concept for a show, and done so well. I guess it'd be emotional for anyone to hear their songs being performed by other artists, especially if it brings back a lot of memories. I loved the performance of M2M's "Everything" too. Does anyone else love "Don't Say You Love Me"? It's such a perfect pop tune to me, though here the cover gives a completely different interpretation to the original.

turnaround

Oh yes, the concept is amazing.

In Sweden the show is called "Sa mycket  bättre"

Darin was also among the artists.

On his night Olle Ljungström performed Jörgen Elofssons "Who's That Girl"

http://www.tv4.se/s%C3%A5-mycket-b%C3%A4ttre/klipp/olle-ljungstr%C3%B6m-whos-that-girl-2246916

I think the clip is also allowed to watch in Sweden though :(

Darin got great responses. It's a fantastic boost for careers to participate in these shows.

Marion Ravn will release another album soon but I don't think she will work with Max or other very famous writers.

And I liked it..