• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Grammy Nominations

Started by turnaround, December 06, 2013, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Tonight the Grammy Nominees are revealed.

Do you think Max will be nominated?

It's always a bit confusing - some awards are for the songwriter, others for the artist etc.

But shouldn't Max stand a chance of being nominated? Katy Perry, Taylor Swift?
And I liked it..

nznexus

maybe taylor swift i really dont know
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Mm, I'm not sure.

Surely Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Lana del Rey, Rihanna's Diamonds, One Direction, Avicii and Sky Ferreira will be nominated in different categories.

musicgeeker

But guys, here are the updates on the 56th Grammy and Max Martin got the Album of the year and Best Country album (for producing Red by Taylor Swift) and Song of the year and Pop solo (for Roar by Katy Perry). Well, Dr. Luke is also nominated even the Producer of the Year (non-classical).

All the nominees are seen here: http://www.grammy.com/nominees

nznexus

isnt it boring to see the same people win awards after awards every year`?
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

Yeah, annoying.

I am always annoyed that Hans Zimmer doesn't get nominated. 

But one German is on the list: Zedd

It's so cool Max got nominated. He deseves one!
And I liked it..

Rebecca

It's great that Dr Luke is nominated for Producer of the Year, but I don't understand why Max isn't?
Do producers need to 'campaign' for the Grammy's? like movie producers/directors do for The Oscars?

Anyway, it is great that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry is there. Do you think that "Roar" has a good chance of winning Song of the Year or will they just give to "Royals"?

Raul_esp

Great! , I hope Max and Luke Win!

bugmenot

turnaround

And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: Rebecca on December 07, 2013, 11:12:36 PM
It's great that Dr Luke is nominated for Producer of the Year, but I don't understand why Max isn't?
Do producers need to 'campaign' for the Grammy's? like movie producers/directors do for The Oscars?

Anyway, it is great that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry is there. Do you think that "Roar" has a good chance of winning Song of the Year or will they just give to "Royals"?
Jay Z leads with nine (9) nominations......kinda says it all, since nobody can name even one Jay Z song from 2013!!   I think you're right about "Royals" -- it's a "buzz'' song, and they love those......but as a "Song" song, "Roar" is better, as we know :-)

j.fco.morales

I think Royals will be the song of the year, though I hate it. Or Daft Punk's.
I'm surprised to see Sara Bareilles and Fantasia with many nominations.

Have you heard about Kacey Musgraves? Her album is amazing.
As well as Kanye West's Yeesus. I'm impressed that he's not nominated in more categories because his album is amazing.

And about the nominations, you have to apply: send your record, released until october 31th of year in course and must be a US release.
And it's all about lobby: nominations and winners always get some press and it's a good way to make some lobby for all the people involved.

nznexus

i dont think max martin needs more grammys. he is well known and big producer. no need we know he is big already