• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

JUicy J - BOunce It

Started by nznexus, June 25, 2013, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

So I saw this Tweet......

Showbiz 411 ‏@showbiz411 1h
@TheDoctorLuke @therealjuicyj @KemosabeRecords there's really a track Smoke A Nigga? Gun Plus a Mask? Really?

Keeping an open mind, I checked out the lyrics to "Gun Plus A Mask".......

(Hook)
A gun plus a mask, you do the math
All my goons know, that equals cash (3x)
A gun plus a mask, that equals cash
So if your fucked up down to your last
A gun and a mask gon getchu cash
A gun plus a mask, you do the math
All my goons know, that equals cash

(Bridge)
Walk up to your house, knock on your door, and blow your friend off
Drop it off, drop it off, b*tch I got a sawed-off
b*tch I got a sawed-off
Walk up to your house, knock on your door, and blow your friend off
Drop it off, drop it off, b*tch I got a sawed-off
b*tch I got a sawed-off

So this is what Dr. Luke is so proud of as the #1 album in US that he tweeted about it 3 times in a row?  WTF?? :-(  :-(

B Steady

george, just ignore that hiphop shit ... if you ain't about that life ...
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

" That life"?  More like "That Death" on s**t like this. Why do I bother with it? Because this is being heavily promoted by a musician/producer who I have alot of respect for -- but not blind respect.  And it's the #1 record in a country that sees killing every day on an insane scale. And B.....I say this sincerely.....I checked out the verses to this song 3x to see if I was jumping to conclusions......to see if it maybe was putting DOWN gun violence. But I don't see it. YOu know way more about hiphop than I do.....am I missing something?  If so, Juicy is being waaay too subtle about his message ;-s

B Steady

hiphop is just a sub genre of pop

it's here to entertain you. but with other stylistic devices than coventional pop music, which may be not liked by non-hiphop fans.
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

B......I've been a freak for black music since I was 5 years old.......(not that all hip hop is black, but you know what I mean).  So it realllly bothers me to see black music being degraded like this. Yes, degraded. And I'm not saying ALL hip hop has  a bad message -- i know that's not the case --there's good and bad in all genres, including pop!  But by your reply, I see you're not disagreeing that this song has the message i thought it has.....and sorry; I don;t find songs about blowing people away to be entertaining!  There's nothing entertaining about actually BEING blown away -- the reality of that is beyond horror -- so why would it be entertaining in a song? Please read this article Roger Friedman just wrote on his site.  http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/08/30/no-1-album-in-itunes-gun-plus-a-mask-equals-cash-advocates-hold-ups

Also...it;s sooo hypocritical for Hollywood (which includes the music biz) to be so all "Oh, Pres. Obama is so great -- he wants gun control!" and then work their tails off to make millions off records like this which are aimed at......KIDS.

J_A24

Yeah, but the truth doesn't sell 'cause most people can't handle it, BS does because it's easy to listen. We can blame Hollywood, the Illuminati and the music industry all we want, but people need to start to look at themselves in the mirror.

Quote from: B Steady on August 30, 2013, 09:26:07 PM
hiphop is just a sub genre of pop

it's here to entertain you. but with other stylistic devices than coventional pop music, which may be not liked by non-hiphop fans.
Hip Hop is not a sub genre of pop. It's part of pop culture, but it has it's own history and roots, just like Pop music.

georg_e

Quote from: J_A24 on August 30, 2013, 09:40:23 PM
Yeah, but the truth doesn't sell 'cause most people can't handle it, BS does because it's easy to listen. We can blame Hollywood and the music industry all we want, but people need to start to look at themselves in the mirror.
Hip Hop is not a sub genre of pop. It's part of pop culture, but it has it's own history and roots, just like Pop music.
J_A24, very true, your line about people need to look in the mirror, etc. The people really have the power to say no, and just plain don't buy this stuff. But you're right -- they like it, obviously.  I would say all this -- respectfully but honestly-- to Dr. Luke in person if I had the chance, too.

B Steady

Meanwhile I got used to most of the songs. And since its price was only 7,99€ at the iTunes Store I bought the whole album.

Bounce It
Smoke A Nigga
Bandz A Make Her Dance
Scholarship

Those are my favorite songs :)
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on August 30, 2013, 09:55:18 PM
Meanwhile I got used to most of the songs. And since its price was only 7,99€ at the iTunes Store I bought the whole album.

Bounce It
Smoke A Nigga
Bandz A Make Her Dance
Scholarship

Those are my favorite songs :)

I love the bassline in Smoke A Nigga and Scholarship is a banger.

georg_e

Now, "Smoke A Nigga" is another story.......I'm all about the lyin around gettin high with Chinese eyes........but see, why cant people stay nice and f***ed up and mellow like that?  It's guns and violence I hate!!!  And once you start down that road, it drastically shortens your life span for lying around gettin high. So I don't get the logic or appeal of violence.......never did, never will :D

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on August 30, 2013, 10:02:40 PM
I love the bassline in Smoke A Nigga and Scholarship is a banger.

yes and yes :D
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

George the thing is HipHop needs aggressive instrumentals and aggressive instrumentals need aggressive lyrics but yeah in this case they may be a bit too aggressive.

Those beats are the thing I love the most about HipHop. And I for one need some hard lyrics when I hear those beats. But I don't care if they say "I deal with drugs", "I fuck your mother" or "I shoot a nigga". You know, it's all right as long as it's not too soft. Still I'm a peace-loving being! :D
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on August 30, 2013, 10:51:14 PM
George the thing is HipHop needs aggressive instrumentals and aggressive instrumentals need aggressive lyrics but yeah in this case they may be a bit too aggressive.

Those beats are the thing I love the most about HipHop. And I for one need some hard lyrics when I hear those beats. But I don't care if they say "I deal with drugs", "I fuck your mother" or "I shoot a nigga". You know, it's all right as long as it's not too soft. Still I'm a peace-loving being! :D
Thanks, I get what you're saying......I love aggressive instrumental music too, always have, in rock etc, and in pop too --even classical and jazz-- I like a harder sound usually, but something about lyrics being that way upsets me, just my own chemistry....but I'm glad we agree on those particular lyrics. And it goes without saying, I never doubted you're a peace loving being :D

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on August 30, 2013, 11:22:47 PM
And it goes without saying, I never doubted you're a peace loving being :D

:D :D

btw funny that one song on Stay Trippy samples The Weeknd's "High For This" because this song is produced by Cirkut and his "Dream Machine" team. So Cirkut gets songwriting credits for the Juicy track too! "High For This" is one of my favorite The Weeknd-songs! :)
Vila i frid Dag