• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

JUicy J - BOunce It

Started by nznexus, June 25, 2013, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

I have to say though B.....nothing against you, but I'm looking thru Tweets about this song and 90% of them are like "Yo man, need cash, get you gun + a mask".....only  very few people saying "Wait a minute --flat out advocating armed robbery?"   Highly disillusioning when somebody I've admired like Luke is executive producer of this album and is pushing it so heavily.....makes me really reconsider if the music business is something i really want to be a a part of.....feeling very sad and confused tonight.....I can't separate music from my core values.....impossible..........

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on August 31, 2013, 03:24:43 AM
   I have to say though B.....nothing against you, but I'm looking thru Tweets about this song and 90% of them are like "Yo man, need cash, get you gun + a mask".....only  very few people saying "Wait a minute --flat out advocating armed robbery?"   Highly disillusioning when somebody I've admired like Luke is executive producer of this album and is pushing it so heavily.....makes me really reconsider if the music business is something i really want to be a a part of.....feeling very sad and confused tonight.....I can't separate music from my core values.....impossible..........

That's the price to pay to make money out of music.

georg_e

^    ^     ^

No, I've thought it over since I wrote that.....withdrawing isn't the answer.....the best thing to do for me is stay in the game and just be true to myself/one's self and make music and love music that reflects that.  In other words, if you do that, there's no "price to pay".  And it can be done...... of course, it's alot easier to do that as a songwriter than as a performer, thank God!! :-)

turnaround

Quote"I just did something with Katy Perry, man. That song is amazing," Juicy said of the track, which will be released early on September 17 after a fan-voted contest.
Though we haven't heard Juice's verse yet — we've only heard a snippet of the track — a determined Katy appears to have her sights set on a certain lover, and she won't take no for an answer. "So you wanna play with magic/ Boy, you should know whatcha fallin' for," she sings in a breathy tone.

"Dr. Luke called me up and was like, 'Hey man, Katy Perry wants you to do a song with her'," J said of the "Roar" producer.

Juice says that the recording session with Perry went smooth, so when "RapFix Live" host Sway Calloway inquired as to whether or not there was any twerking in between vocal takes, the rapper was very clear in his response.

"No, no, no, no. She's very professional, everything went smooth and she's a great person," he said. "My verse I did on that song, she was singing it. She's really a genius, she was by the mixing board and telling the guy what to take in and take out. She's really hands-on with her music, she knows music."

Song is "Dark horse"

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1713381/katy-perry-juicy-j-dark-horse-genuis.jhtml
And I liked it..