• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Eurovision - 2008

Started by Out, January 10, 2008, 11:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out

I guess this is the topic that will be interesting not only for me. Here we can discuss Melodifestivalen and other national finals as well.
It's not officially approved but seems like in german national final we'll see - No Angels(Disap), Marquess(La histeria), Tommy Reeve (Only one woman), Cinema Bizarre (Forever or never), Carolin Fortenbacher (Hinter'm Horizont (Beyond the horizon)). I wish Cinema Bizarre to win as currently they are my big favorites and this song from their debut album is just awesome IMHO.
In swedish national final Melodifestivalen we have E-Type (with The Poodles), Velvet, Ola Svensson, Sanna Nielsen, BWO, Charlotte Perrelli (the winner of Eurovision-1999) and loads of other interesting artists. Jokers are not revealed but it's rumored that it will be duet Carola+Andreas Johnson and Amy Diamond.

Feelgoodlies

Oh No....those are absolutely no competion for No Angels...PREDICTION VOTES are already for No Angels on every website

I hate this competition,but I guess No Angels will make me love it!!

turnaround

I am really excited about all this.

And the German national final contestans are officially confirmed!

I guess also the No Angels will make it ;)

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, all have great national finals.

Anna Nordell who wrote the song "Eurofighter" with E-Type and other songs on the album will be singing in the national final of Denmark under her artist name Anorah!

And I liked it..

Unexpected

GO No Angels , make this Contast worth watching !!!

Out

Quote from: turnaround on January 11, 2008, 02:29:24 PMAnna Nordell who wrote the song "Eurofighter" with E-Type and other songs on the album will be singing in the national final of Denmark under her artist name Anorah!
Oh, yeah, she'll be performing tomorrow in first semifinal and I wish her to win so much!!!
In 2007 she was performing in Finnish final with band Beats and Styles but they failed. I think she was singing just perfectly, but the song was weak, no show and the band looked weird.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0mh_UFXlxaU
Hope she has a great song this time.
By the way swedish singer Sandra Oxenryd (from Fame Factory) who performed on Eurovision in 2006 from Estonia participate in Polish final this time.

After Monrose failed to win in national final in 2007 I have really big doubts that No Angels will be able. We'll see :) Everything will depend on the song.

turnaround

Wow, thanks Out, I learned a lot of things from your post!

Didn't know Anorah performed tomorrow, can't wait!

Hope there is a live stream!

Nice for Sandra she gets another chance and I think it's interesting that Thomas G:son has two songs in this year, for Poland and for Belgium!

Do you have MSN Out?

And I liked it..

Tiiger

The Danish Eurovision is a big fat JOKE!
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

turnaround

Ridiculous national final.

Poor Anna, best voice, best song, no appreciation.

And I liked it..

Out

Yes, I'm shocked. Song and voice were just awesome!!!
I keep playing this song and rolling it in my head again and again, I think people who like U+Ur Hand and other similar song by Max must like this one a lot.
Here is video(bad quality but but I don't have any other).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jq0Ni3_XQDk
I have song in 128kbps, can I give a link here?
I've put my MSN in my options, turnaround, though I'm not often there, it'd be interesting to speak with you :)

Out

Funny video.
Seems like this year Eurovision entry from Switzerland Paolo Meneguzzi stole Amy Diamond's song ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jKn6CrtMto

By the way about Thomas G:son's song for Poland - I've been expected much more, in the beginning it sounds interesting, like another version of Cara Mia though ;) But then... I think it's much weaker than Thomas' songs for Nash and Guri. I like Sandra Oxenryd's song more though I wouldn't say it's very strong.

turnaround

I will reply properly later, but it's funny because I was the first person on ESCTODAY who said it would sound like Amy's song!  ;D
And I liked it..

turnaround

I quite disappointed by G:sons attempt. But I like Oxenryd's song somehow.

My fave so far are Switzerland and the song by Maria Haukaas Storeng "Hold on be strong", amazing ballad.

The Melodifestivalen wildcards are out:

Johnson & Häggkvist
Amy Diamond (Sandra Nordström, Mathias Venge,  Peter Wennerberg)
Eskobar
Niklas Strömstedt

Mathias and Peter have worked with Jörgen before, for example on "Perfect Bliss" for Bellefire, or on "Life" for Ana Johnson.
And I liked it..

Out

I didn't find songwriters of other wildcards' songs, can you write it here, turnaround?
I'm not sure Carola have big chances this time having no good songwriters though there is big noise around this duet. My favorites are Amy, E-Type and Velvet, Amy and E-Type must be in final, Velvet - not sure. I think however Perrelli will win, by the way she will perform last at last semi - it's a big bonus.

turnaround

Here are all credits:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=79613&a=1024144&lid=senasteNytt_979119&lpos=rubrik_1024144

Andreas and Carola have written the songs on their own with help from Peter Kvint, who is also a great writer.

My faves are right now Ola, Sanna, Charlotte and Amy.

But of course I have to listen to the songs first, before I can judge.

And yes, Charlotte has a top spot!
And I liked it..

Out

Hmmm, here is the sample of new Carola+Johnson single "Lucky Star" by Johnson and Kvint.
http://musikshop.gp.se/clips/14/12/366_104_18802091_085365734937_001_64.wma
I wouldn't say it's better than Andreas' and Carola's solo songs.