• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Raise Your Glass - Breakdown between Shellback and Max

Started by RoyFan, January 02, 2014, 06:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyFan

I'm assuming that Shellback wrote the track.  I.E. the basic chords - While Max did the melody.

But does anyone know for sure?  Maybe if a Cheiron person is seeing this they can ask Shellback?

The chord progression does a change a bit for the chorus, maybe Max was involved with this change.

max_martin_fan

Quote from: RoyFan on January 02, 2014, 06:36:07 AM
I'm assuming that Shellback wrote the track.  I.E. the basic chords - While Max did the melody.

But does anyone know for sure?  Maybe if a Cheiron person is seeing this they can ask Shellback?

The chord progression does a change a bit for the chorus, maybe Max was involved with this change.

I remember reading somewhere shellback had the idea for the guitar riff when touring with his band (i belive), so he recorded it on his phone, or it could be the verse melody too.

georg_e

The one specific thing I definitely remember reading about this is that it was Max's idea to add the minor chord to the chorus progression, and that this little touch made all the difference. (I think it was in a Shellback interview I read this)

Later.....found it...it's in this Forum post:

RuHa
Bombastic

Re: Shellback/Max article Swedish magazine "Studio"
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »

RoyFan

Wow thank you guys!  Very cool to find out - It's funny how I had a hunch that Max had something to do with that minor chord.

So did they say for sure in those interviews that the chorus vocal melody was Max's?

And since you both seem well educated on Max - have you ever read if it was him who wrote the chorus for Since U Been Gone?  And if so, did it say if he had anything to do with the chords?
or just the vocal melody?

max_martin_fan

Quote from: RoyFan on January 02, 2014, 06:10:33 PM
Wow thank you guys!  Very cool to find out - It's funny how I had a hunch that Max had something to do with that minor chord.

So did they say for sure in those interviews that the chorus vocal melody was Max's?

And since you both seem well educated on Max - have you ever read if it was him who wrote the chorus for Since U Been Gone?  And if so, did it say if he had anything to do with the chords?
or just the vocal melody?

I remember posting not so long ago on this forum about that song, it has something to do with Maps from Yeah Yeah Yeahs, if you listen to the chords are pretty much the same. I belive Max and Luke were listening to the song and the fact that the chorus never came drove em nuts, so they wrote a killer hook in there. I dont know for this song specifically, but for other Max-Luke collabs Max tends to write at least the first bars of the chorus. The guitars are all Luke, I belive.

Romb

Quote from: max_martin_fan on January 02, 2014, 04:32:51 PM
I remember reading somewhere shellback had the idea for the guitar riff when touring with his band (i belive), so he recorded it on his phone, or it could be the verse melody too.

You are talking about the "So What" verse melody, which was the very first song he wrote at Maratone.
Actually, he played this phone idea in his latest inteview for sverigeradio ;)

j.fco.morales

About "So What" I read that Pink was kidding about her break with her husband and started joking about it... and used the riff.
The melody sounds like a joke actually.