• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Why the Swedes?

Started by turnaround, April 21, 2007, 12:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secski

i agree, abba were pretty influential.. lol, they even won eurovision. ;p

i wanna be backstage at a eurovision, i reckon it would be so much fun, being silly on a live broadcast :)

turnaround

Old question, and thread but still answered here.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/10/why-is-sweden-so-good-at-pop-music/280945

Good read, thanks scandipop.

Why Is Sweden So Good at Pop Music?
And I liked it..

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on October 29, 2013, 11:06:20 PM
Old question, and thread but still answered here.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/10/why-is-sweden-so-good-at-pop-music/280945

Good read, thanks scandipop.

Why Is Sweden So Good at Pop Music?

Great Article!

Rebecca

Thanks, yes, it's a great article

ShockdioN

I think its the fresh water that we drink

rebekahELLE

Thanks for sharing the recent Atlantic article.  It gives interesting insight.  Max Martin's quote about his early exposure to music education in the after school programs is info I was unaware of.  Early exposure to language and music makes a difference.  I remember also he said that he concentrates on the melody first while writing a song.  It's the music that always gets our attention first with pop, not the words.

Gino

In addition to the geopolitical reasons, there is other simple but super important reason (I THINK) and that is that swedish is a very *musical* language by its own nature, it has more tonal qualities than english and tonal languages help to naturally develop innate music skills (check this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/05/tonal-language-musical-learning-cantonese_n_3007722.html)

I don't know folk/classic swedish songs (Im from Argentina), but I bet they are very *popish/sticky* because of this same thing

These guys has melody rooted/naturalized in their mental-structure/collective-unconscious, so it flows naturally for them

turnaround

Very interesting thesis Gino!

In addition: Jörgen Elofsson mentioned in that recent interview that Sweden is a very musical country and that they have the most choirs per population worldwide.
And I liked it..

ShockdioN

Quote from: secski on August 13, 2008, 10:37:43 AM
The weather? :D

Whatever the reason, swedish music is fantastic. Dont forget that dude who wrote Save Tonight, eagle eye cherry, i think he's swedish too.
yup, he is Tityo's brother and also Nana Cherry's :)

nznexus

because we have max martin. DUH! >:( ;D :D
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Romb

I remember someone made a theory  that it might be because of some Swedish lullaby composer that all kids were exposed to, hehe.
But my personal opinion - it's not that Swedes are more talented humans (there are plenty of them, but you can't narrow it down to a nation), but more like they have that culture = industry = possibilities.

It's like saying that the most talented actors are from Hollywood, which isn't true. Hollywood is just a place where all those talented people have that culture = industry = possibilities.

j.fco.morales

I think the main reason is the education.