• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max in studio with Justin

Started by georg_e, June 18, 2012, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

Woooowwwww Max looks great ahahaha

turnaround

Fantastic find, thank you. Do we get even more footage somewhere?
And I liked it..

Joshua

Ohhh such a good clip, and yeah Max is looking rather fit at the moment! :D

Rebecca

wow, such a fantastic clip! yeah, Max is looking great! I love the song too, totally addicted to it and Justin does sound good.

Feelgoodlies

Max, I really love you and all but, are you by saying I'm hard to please telling me Ke$ha and Katy pleased you? Justin's voice is like a voice of a guy in his early puberty.
We both know vocals isn't exactly what you look for in a musician.

Nice find anyway. We need more of that.

georg_e

^     ^     ^
     Hi Feelgoodlies.........I think Max is really talking about that he was impressed with Justin's skills in the studio as a musician.......I noticed this really strongly myself a couple of years ago, in a video done in the studio with another star singer (I won't put the name here :-)  Anyway, the other guy was having trouble with phrasing and Justin showed him exactly how to get the timing right, and I thought "Wow, this guy has got a great ear!!"  Then even though i can't stand that song "Boyfriend", I saw another video recently of him in studio doing that song....he just nails his phrasing and pitch, and I noticed this quality again, he really shines. (And if he gets it wrong, he knows how to fix it!) So I think that's what got Max impressed :D

Joshua

Yeah I'm sure Max doesn't just throw out comments like that to every artist he works with. I'd say he was genuinely impressed. There would be plenty of occasions where Max would have to work with less than stellar vocalists that he'd need to coach along to get what he's after out of the session. But whether we love or hate Justin, he obviously wasn't one of them. :)

Rebecca

I think Justin sounds fantastic and is a total natural. His album is surprisingly good too.

Raul_esp

Woww , it is an amazing video , It's great to see Max recording so much years after!  :D

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: georg_e on June 19, 2012, 01:55:17 AM
                                    ^     ^     ^
     Hi Feelgoodlies.........I think Max is really talking about that he was impressed with Justin's skills in the studio as a musician.......I noticed this really strongly myself a couple of years ago, in a video done in the studio with another star singer (I won't put the name here :-)  Anyway, the other guy was having trouble with phrasing and Justin showed him exactly how to get the timing right, and I thought "Wow, this guy has got a great ear!!"  Then even though i can't stand that song "Boyfriend", I saw another video recently of him in studio doing that song....he just nails his phrasing and pitch, and I noticed this quality again, he really shines. (And if he gets it wrong, he knows how to fix it!) So I think that's what got Max impressed :D
Hey george, well, maybe you are right, because I thought Max was talking vocal-wise.
I may have mixed it up, cause as I remember a few years back I read  similar comments from "Twin" and "Epicentre" producers about Darin and Sandy( a member from German girl group No Angels) while recording, and they totally meant the vocals and high pitches of the vocals.

IMO, Justin is far from being impressive vocally, this is coming from a normal person who has no experience in music.

Linda

Who is that other producer that is with max?

RuHa

That would be Kuk Harrell you're thinking of.. One of the best vocal producers on this planet  :)

turnaround

Where is Zedd? According to the booklet he produced the song and did keyboards and sound.

Probably Max and him will do even more songs together? Young talent from Germany.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: RuHa on June 19, 2012, 11:22:49 PM
That would be Kuk Harrell you're thinking of.. One of the best vocal producers on this planet  :)

wow, well done for knowing that one! he looks really cool, I love it how he is really into the song.