• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

DEMO of Taylor Swift - Blank Space w/ Max Martin & Shellback reactions

Started by sambarrowclough, October 09, 2015, 06:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volkanyurdabak

turnaround

That is what she released on the deluxe.

Max shouts: "So annoying"
And I liked it..

sambarrowclough

Nice, i'm listening to the other voice memos now on the album. Very insightful.

would you know of any other artists that have this feature on their album? like the kind of song writing process they have?

thanks

avenger1987

I don't know why, but since I saw her first live show on youtube (like 2009 maybe) I'm seeing her as the perfect movie actress which makes me think if she is really that talented in songwriting or act as she would be talented. The way she listens her own songs and enjoying it. The way she even talks about it. I didn't seen anyone else focusing so much about their songwriting so they add "voice memos" on the album. Of course that's my point of view only :)

RoyFan

Does she mention anything about "Bad Blood" "?  was that one she had a demo of ?  Or does she mention how it came to be between her and Max and Shellback?

j.fco.morales

We talked about this when the album first came out.
There's a thread about it.

Smittysoul

Thanks so much for this it shed so much light on how to transform your ruffs into great cohesively sonic records. 

Trihard

*edited out wrong info*

bugmenot

Quote from: Trihard on January 06, 2016, 12:38:24 PMswift came up with most of the melody

She giving very tricky and sneaky description, not "I wrote it at home and they liked it".

In this Memo she can showing some lyrics ideas with melody Max or Shellback gave her ten minutes ago (or whole instrumental track with topline) and record lyrics for "Voice Memo". But she made it looks like she accidentally wrote a half of a song.

But Max reacted "Awesome" to lyrics. Not melody.

QuoteWhat we like to do is we like to run a recording on our phones of everything we're doing when we're putting a song together, just in case one of us blurts out a cool melody and then we forget about it, we want to go back and replay the tape so that we can remind ourselves what exactly we were saying.

So I brought in this idea called "Blank Space," and this was me playing it for Max and Johan for the first time and they're shouting out these production ideas like, you know the "Oh!" at the beginning of the chorus, um, and that ended up in the song. So, this is the very beginning stages (not fist listen — me) of the song on the album called "Blank Space."

Trihard

oh my bad, that explains it. thanks for letting me know, I thought swift was the female max martin for a second