• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

Agree with you reb.....circus is better than madonna's new album....but if circus is the best album of the year the level of the pop music is really really down.

*Sabine*

Quote from: Rebecca on December 09, 2008, 09:00:55 PM
Quote from: Alex Martin on December 09, 2008, 05:33:48 PM
If this is the album of the year I am brad pitt....

This is an average album. If an unknow artist begin is career with Circus it would be a flop for sure but since it's a spears album it's a masterpiece.

I agree Alex, for me too this is an average album, not bad, just not great. Better than Blackout and maybe better than In The Zone, but that's it. If it was by another singer and it didn't have the Max song on it, I wouldn't have bothered to buy it. I think the record company rushed to get it released before Christmas and they're just counting on the loyalty of fans to Britney.

I'm glad others here really like it but for me it's not even close to being as good as her first 3, it's a big disappointment, I expected more. It's better than Madonna's "Hard Candy" though.

I feel exactly the same. This album is average-good. It could have been great with 3 or 4 Max songs instead of Hmm Papi, Lace and Leather and Mannequin for example.

*Sabine*

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 09, 2008, 05:53:08 PM
I'm totally sure funhouse will sale more than circus in the world.

Not at all! Since when Pink is a bigger star than Britney?

starstruck52

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 09, 2008, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: Alex Martin on December 09, 2008, 05:53:08 PM
I'm totally sure funhouse will sale more than circus in the world.

Not at all! Since when Pink is a bigger star than Britney?
In his dreams.  :D

starstruck52

The numbers are in. Britney sold 504,507 copies of Circus in the US this week!  :o

That's triple of what P!nk sold in her first week. Amazing.  :D

ahmed

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 09, 2008, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: Rebecca on December 09, 2008, 09:00:55 PM
Quote from: Alex Martin on December 09, 2008, 05:33:48 PM
If this is the album of the year I am brad pitt....

This is an average album. If an unknow artist begin is career with Circus it would be a flop for sure but since it's a spears album it's a masterpiece.

I agree Alex, for me too this is an average album, not bad, just not great. Better than Blackout and maybe better than In The Zone, but that's it. If it was by another singer and it didn't have the Max song on it, I wouldn't have bothered to buy it. I think the record company rushed to get it released before Christmas and they're just counting on the loyalty of fans to Britney.

I'm glad others here really like it but for me it's not even close to being as good as her first 3, it's a big disappointment, I expected more. It's better than Madonna's "Hard Candy" though.

I feel exactly the same. This album is average-good. It could have been great with 3 or 4 Max songs instead of Hmm Papi, Lace and Leather and Mannequin for example.

i love ''mmm papi'' and ''Lace and Leather'' .

''mmm papi'' is cool and fun song i love the way Britney singing it, the production reflects the fun spirit in it.

''Lace and Leather'' has great production, i love the electronic guitar in it.

Raul_esp

if circus would have five if u seek amy would be the best album ever  ;D

starstruck52

Quote from: Raul_esp on December 09, 2008, 11:55:41 PM
if circus would have five if u seek amy would be the best album ever  ;D
Well, we could say the same thing about the OIDIA and BOMT albums. If they had 5 oop's and 5 baby's, they'd be amazing. But unfortunately Max can't whip out THAT many hits per album lol.

*Sabine*

Well obviously an album can't be made only with hits. What I like about the Oops album though is that almost every song is good, even if they were not singles: look!... What U see, Don't go knocking, Can't make you love me, Where are you know and Girl in the mirror! The only song I don't like is Dear Diary, the only song britney wrote, lol!

*Sabine*

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 05, 2008, 12:42:11 PM
I think New entry at number 3 with 150.000k

See! :P Happy she sold 3 times more as P!nk!! ;D

500 k exceeded everybody's expectations, it's excellent for nowadays standards...and considering the album leaked 2 weeks before the official release!

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 09, 2008, 11:23:22 PM
The numbers are in. Britney sold 504,507 copies of Circus in the US this week!  :o

That's triple of what P!nk sold in her first week. Amazing.  :D
Pink opened with over 80k in the UK while Britney opened with 76k, so is in the Germany and I'm sure in other parts of Europe and Australia, P!nk didn't do it only in the USA!

BTW 504,507 copies isn't official yet, that's only the HITS DAILY DOUBLE predictions which aren't usually accurate, they can be less or more.

Btw 500k was my predictions, it's really really amazing for Britney, I am really glad, and I hope Circus gets to # 1 on BB hot 100.

Alex Martin

Guys i repeat: Album SOLD IN THE WORLD and not only in usa or poland or trinidad and tobago.

For ex in australia pink sold more albums than brit but australia is a nation and not the world.

So what sold 5 millions copyes. Womanizer? ? ? Speak about this!!! World results!!!

Feelgoodlies

This is offcial from Billboard:
QuoteOops, she did it again! Britney Spears earns her fifth No. 1 album as "Circus" bows atop the Billboard 200 with 505,000. The Jive set is the singer's first chart-topper since "In the Zone" started in the penthouse in 2003. With her half-million entry, Spears becomes the only artist in Nielsen SoundScan history to have four albums debut with 500,000 or more.

Unexpected

So happy for britney , she proved what she's all about , great seller , can't wait to see Circus (the song #1 on BB hot 100) this song deserve it

Raul_esp

congratulations to britney! , anyway I think if the first single would have been if u seek amy the sales would be much better