• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starstruck52

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 10, 2008, 12:42:12 PM
Quote from: starstruck52 on December 09, 2008, 11:23:22 PM
The numbers are in. Britney sold 504,507 copies of Circus in the US this week!  :o

That's triple of what P!nk sold in her first week. Amazing.  :D
Pink opened with over 80k in the UK while Britney opened with 76k, so is in the Germany and I'm sure in other parts of Europe and Australia, P!nk didn't do it only in the USA!

BTW 504,507 copies isn't official yet, that's only the HITS DAILY DOUBLE predictions which aren't usually accurate, they can be less or more.
Okay, well the official numbers are 505,073  ;) :D

And Britney sold over 325,000 more copies than P!nk did here in the US... So the 4,000 more copies P!nk sold in UK don't even begin to put a dent in Brit's numbers. :)

starstruck52

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 10, 2008, 01:24:05 PM
So what sold 5 millions copyes. Womanizer? ? ? Speak about this!!! World results!!!
It's not really fair to compare "So What" to "Womanizer" because Britney used new, unknown producers and P!nk used Pop God, Max Martin.

If you want to play that game, I think we should compare So What's success to Baby One More Time's success. ;)

*Sabine*

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 10, 2008, 07:42:31 PM
Quote from: Alex Martin on December 10, 2008, 01:24:05 PM
So what sold 5 millions copyes. Womanizer? ? ? Speak about this!!! World results!!!
It's not really fair to compare "So What" to "Womanizer" because Britney used new, unknown producers and P!nk used Pop God, Max Martin.

If you want to play that game, I think we should compare So What's success to Baby One More Time's success. ;)

Thanks for pointing that!!  ;D
I'm so happy for Brit!!! I'm a proud fan tonight!  ;D

Alex Martin

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 10, 2008, 07:42:31 PM

We can't say a word about that lol, Baby One More Time is greater hit than So What although it found difficulty in reaching # 1 as I rememebr on the BB Hot 100, but oh well we can't compare two different eras.

*Sabine*

Yes and in 1999 people were still buying many cds, no illegal downloads, no iTunes and no economic crisis! HAHA

nshinnosuke

OH NO !!! Kill the Lights is so close !!!! Let's vote IUSA !!!!!!

*Sabine*

Grrr noo!! Kill the lights would be terrible! I even prefer Out from under or Shattered Glass!! No Danja please!!!!!

Rebecca

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 10, 2008, 06:25:24 PM
This is offcial from Billboard:
QuoteOops, she did it again! Britney Spears earns her fifth No. 1 album as "Circus" bows atop the Billboard 200 with 505,000. The Jive set is the singer's first chart-topper since "In the Zone" started in the penthouse in 2003. With her half-million entry, Spears becomes the only artist in Nielsen SoundScan history to have four albums debut with 500,000 or more.

excellent news, I'm so pleased, well done Britney.

"Kill The Lights" has grown on me, I think it would make a good single.

nshinnosuke

Personally I don't hate Kill the Lights but seriously I'll hate it if it got released as a single before IUSA....We need a song by Max for a single !!!!

*Sabine*

This is a bit off topic but here's an answer I posted on britneyboards.org, one of the biggest Britney forums online. There was a poll in which we had to vote for the best Britney album and then we had to comment our rankings of all her albums. I was happy with the one I did and I also didn't miss the opportunity to do some advertisement for the Cheiron team! :D Indeed, I was kinda tired of the reviews dissing Brit's old music and bubblegum style and on the contrary, saying that Blackout and ITZ are masterpieces (even if I respect different opinions of course). But still, as I say in my 'review', I think people should be more grateful and acknowledge that her first songs account for so much of her success now.
I'll post it here if you wanna look.

1 - Oops I Did It Again : Oops, Lucky, Stronger, Can't make you love me, What u see, Girl in the mirror, Walk on by: my fave songs ever, Brit at her best, fabulous era that cemented B's status as the Pop Princess
2 - BOMT : the album that made her so big, where would she be without it? The Swedish team at Cheiron (esp. Max Martin) did an awesome work: BOMT, Crazy, Sometimes, Born to make you happy (Only Cheiron singles) + the awesome I will be there. Very good vocals, better than her vocals now IMO.
3 -Britney: only good songs there with my favourite songs being: Overprotected (by far, AWESOME bridge), Cinderella, Not a Girl, Bombastic Love, Slave, Lonely...
4 - Greatest Hits : OK, almost only my fave songs... can't say I really like the unrealeased though...
5 - Circus : Very good pop album: if You Seek Amy is a masterpiece, the album would have been way better with more songs like that! Womanizer, Circus, Amnesia, Shattered Glass and Rock me In also have potential. There is no song I dislike but except for IUSA, no awesome song. I think some songs lack production (Dr Luke tracks) and are too short. It's a pity, these songs could have been much better with very little added.
6 - Blackout: some very good songs though i generally don't like Danja: Gimme more is excellent, Break the Ice has a very very good pre chorus, Get naked is very exciting too. Also loving the very poppy Oh oh baby. Radar is great, Piece of me good too. This album could have been much higher in my ratings if this era had not been such a dark period for our poor Brit.
7 - In The Zone : I remember being very disappointed when this album was released. There is no song I really like. Toxic and Everytime were big hits yeah but they are not my style. I think MATM as a first single was a terrible choice. The only songs I find better are Breathe On Me, Shadow, Touch Of My Hand and of course Toxic (which yet put a loooong while to grow on me). I know many of you here love this album but I think this music style is not at all the 'genuine Britney'. Many of you will disagree but bubblegum, true pop is where Britney is the best at. The best of the best is Britney/Max Martin. Britney without him would not be that big of star today and I think everybody should be a lot more thankful to this wonderful team of writers that made a huge part of her success.
8 - B In The Mix : I don't like remixes and hardly ever play this album.

*Sabine*

Quote from: nshinnosuke on December 11, 2008, 12:00:03 PM
Personally I don't hate Kill the Lights but seriously I'll hate it if it got released as a single before IUSA....We need a song by Max for a single !!!!

Exactly! Kill the lights can be a single but like 5th or 6th single, if Britney wanna fo a Rihannesque marketing plan for the single release thingie...

*Sabine*

Other great news!!!

Britney has 4 songs in the Billboard Hot 100 this week! One word: AWESOMENESS!!
BRITNEY DO YOU KNOW YOU ROCK???

03 BRITNEY SPEARS CIRCUS
09 10 BRITNEY SPEARS WOMANIZER
-- 70 BRITNEY SPEARS SHATTERED GLASS
-- 86 BRITNEY SPEARS IF U SEEK AMY   ;D ;D ;D (can't wait for it to be a single!)

Circus, Shattered Glass, and If U Seek Amy become Britney's 19th, 20th, and 21st song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 within that last 10 years.

nshinnosuke

I agree with your opinion, ;D Oops I Did It Again is her best album with awesome uptempo Max's songs !!!!
But I don't like I'm a Slave 4 U and I love Me Against the Music...I thought MATM was the new cheiron sound she's going to explore in In the Zone,but I was totally wrong...the entire album was disappointing,I never liked Toxic that much.
Blackout has some decent songs (Gimme More,PoM, Break the Ice,Freakshow) but my fav is Radar...
Circus won't be as good as it is now in our opinion without If U Seek Amy...I love Circus (the song) too...
Actually Britney had better vocals when she was so young (about 10 years old or so) I remember seeing a video of her performing either a christmas song or an old song and she was able to hit the high notes.
How did Shattered Glass gained more sales everywhere than IUSA?? ??? ???
I'm glad that Kill the Lights didn't make it to any charts  :D
I don't think they're going to release more than 4 or 5 singles like Rihanna...Rihanna is soooo manufactured and we never had more than 4 Britney's singles since Britney...ITZ only had 4 singles but Outrageous got scrapped (the song is cheap and very repetitive IMO)...and Radar got cancelled too..