• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

AH AH AH it's not less money for me. I don't take any money :D Max is rich.It's not a tragedy for him ;)

ahmed

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 15, 2008, 02:56:59 PM

Yet her sales were over 50k, which is more than Blackout did in it's FIRST WEEK.

you are right startstruck52, ''Circus'' will be one of the most successful albums in 2008, reaching #1 on Billboard is even enough for me , it will be always in memory and will be added to her history, it made her break records.

Feelgoodlies

Yet her sales were over 50k, which is more than Blackout did in it's FIRST WEEK.

Stop.
Again, STOP comparing BLACKOUT to this, that's like comparing The Imancipation of Mimi with Glitter form Mariah, although Circus is no IOM yet, from 4 to 14 is quite a fall, let's just hope it stops right there.

starstruck52

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 15, 2008, 06:39:24 PM

Stop.
Again, STOP comparing BLACKOUT to this, that's like comparing The Imancipation of Mimi with Glitter form Mariah, although Circus is no IOM yet, from 4 to 14 is quite a fall, let's just hope it stops right there.
It's not just Blackout. Circus has outsold BOMT, Britney, In The Zone, AND Blackout so far other there. Stop trying to make it seem as if she's not doing well. Many artists would kill for her sales this year.

Linda

lol whether ppl are gonna like it or not, circus is not a flop.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 15, 2008, 09:42:05 PM
It's not just Blackout. Circus has outsold BOMT, Britney, In The Zone, AND Blackout so far other there. Stop trying to make it seem as if she's not doing well. Many artists would kill for her sales this year.
I am aware of the fact that it did outsell them, but DON'T compare her albums with each other, Circus isn't doing wonders either, the thing is that Circus couldn't  COMPETE with the others in almost every European chart, in the UK Leona's one year old RE-LOADED album "Spirit" sold way more than hers when it was released at the same week and is still at #2 this week, Take That has sold 320k or something this week and they are still # 1, The Killers have sold someting like that as well, P!nk did the same thing, her album is # 13 in the UK Year End Album Chart.. Duffy is ONE YEAR and a half album is still above hers, that's why I am mad, she shouldn't have DROPPED this much, in Sweden she climbed just 2 places, and we'll see what she will do in Germany, just be more logical instead of a die-hard blind fan, I just hate this way of discussing things!

Here are the album who are on top hers in the UK, if she sold over 50k, then what about them??
1 1 Take That - The Circus
2 3 Leona - Spirit
3 2 The Killers - Day and Age
4 5 Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night
5 13 Il Divo - The Promise
6 7 Sterophonic - Best Of
7 8 Priests - The Priests
8 9 Girls Aloud - Out Of Control
9 6 Rhyidan - Rhidan
10 10 P!nk - Funhouse
11 12 Duffy - Rockferry
12 17 Seal - Soul
13 14 Celine Dion - My Love(The Greatest Hits Collection)
14 4 Britney Spears - Circus (notice it is the big OUCH)

ahmed

Feelgoodlies, all the those artists on the UK list flopped on Billboard except Britney's Circus.

Britney's Circus is #1 on Billboard....she is with those artists on UK list, that means she did better than them all in general.

on Britney's page on wikipedia ''Circus'' album charts and certifications,''Circus'' is #1 in a good number of countries, and in the other countries it is in the top5, it is out of top 10 in few countries.

ahmed

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 15, 2008, 09:45:49 PM
Circus is a flop :D :D :D

no offense , but your jokes are not funny.

if you don't like the album, then why you waste your time commenting and talking about it?!, we know your opinion about the album, so there is no need to tell us about it everyday, all you do in this thread is making fun of the album, if a person doesn't like a work he can tell his opinion like... i hate this album...it is a bad album...etc, or maybe you can ignore writing and commenting about it, but you shouldn't make fun of it everyday.

i also feel like you wanted her to flop,this is silly and ridiculous, because if you think the album is bad in YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, that shouldn't make you wish her bad.

starstruck52

Quote from: ahmed on December 16, 2008, 01:07:28 AM
Feelgoodlies, all the those artists on the UK list flopped on Billboard except Britney's Circus.
LOL EXACTLY!

Britney had the highest female debut of the year. People need to stop treating her like this just because she wasn't #1 in the UK. She's outsold all of her American competitors (Taylor, Beyonce, Madonna, Rihanna, and Mariah). You can't expect her to outsell UK acts like Take That, Leona, and The Killers.  ::)

*Sabine*

Anyways, we don't care so much about the charts. Britney is the pop princess and is sure #1 in our hearts. I just hope she will release good singles, do a good tour, make good music (hoping it's as much Max as possible :) )and mostly keep feeling good and looking so pretty! :D

Rebecca

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 16, 2008, 09:30:01 AM
Anyways, we don't care so much about the charts. Britney is the pop princess and is sure #1 in our hearts. I just hope she will release good singles, do a good tour, make good music (hoping it's as much Max as possible :) )and mostly keep feeling good and looking so pretty! :D

nicely said Sabine.

Re the Charts, it is disappointing her album has dropped, I tell myself not to care about the charts, that is doesn't matter, but still I want my favourite artists to be No.1 week after week and am disappointed when they aren't. But think of how many albums that we love don't do as well: Carolina Liar should be selling more, plus Lesley Roy and I'm disappointed that NKOTB haven't done as well as I want.

Anyway, so who cares about the UK charts, most of that list is completely boring, usually UK are interested in whatever indie band that Q magazine and that other 'cool' magazine promote, so no surprise that Circus has dropped places and yeah, Britney can't compete with Take That/Leona Lewis in UK.

For the record, in Australia it only dropped from No.3 to No.5.
It will probably drop on the Billboard too, but so what, I'm just thrilled she's made a proper comeback and that she's recorded with Max!

ooh by the way, her performance in Japan is fantastic, she's getting better and better.

Alex Martin

Quote from: ahmed on December 16, 2008, 01:35:50 AM
Quote from: Alex Martin on December 15, 2008, 09:45:49 PM
Circus is a flop :D :D :D

no offense , but your jokes are not funny.

if you don't like the album, then why you waste your time commenting and talking about it?!, we know your opinion about the album, so there is no need to tell us about it everyday, all you do in this thread is making fun of the album, if a person doesn't like a work he can tell his opinion like... i hate this album...it is a bad album...etc, or maybe you can ignore writing and commenting about it, but you shouldn't make fun of it everyday.

i also feel like you wanted her to flop,this is silly and ridiculous, because if you think the album is bad in YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, that shouldn't make you wish her bad.

Yes but also i know your opinion on brit album but everyday you say this album sold bla bla bla number one bla bla bla. So why i can't repeat everyday this album is a flop?

Alex Martin

Il divo it's not a flop on billboard.You watch the chart?

Pink and duffy was in the billboard top ten for many weeks.
And i repeat at the end of the year circus will be out of the top ten everywhere.

In italy made new entry at number nine. Worst record ever for brit!!!

Next week for sure will be out of the top 20.