• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nshinnosuke

starstruck52

Quote from: nshinnosuke on December 21, 2008, 07:17:00 AM
I think I'm in love with Lace and Leather.. :)
It's one of my favorites. That chorus is perfection. 8)

ahmed

to be honest, ''Lace And Leather'' is my favorite song from DR.LUKE on the album, i like it more than ''Shattered Glass'' and the song ''Circus''.

''Lace And Leather'' is a great song, i love the electronic guitar part.

the song ''Circus'' is a good song, but it concentrate only on the dance beat and drum programming , sounds a bit like ''me against the music''.

''Shattered Glass'' is a very good song, but the repetition of the word glass is a bit annoying.

Alex Martin

Quote from: ahmed on December 20, 2008, 10:08:10 PM
tell me about an album that spend many weeks at those charts, and also is #1 in Billboard in 2008 , i don't think there is any, even if it happens these years it is very rare .

Do you know leona lewis?
Do you know AC/DC?

*Sabine*

Quote from: ahmed on December 21, 2008, 11:42:16 AM

the song ''Circus'' is a good song, but it concentrate only on the dance beat and drum programming , sounds a bit like ''me against the music''.

Nice to find someone who finally shares my opinion! Yes the intro of the chorus is the same in the 2 songs!

Alex Martin

Feelgoodlies

Circus has sold 200k in its second week in the USA, which quite good, but the album is doing really bad in Europe as we discussed, and btw in Germany it fell from 9 to 24...

Lace and Lather is better than Circus?! :o, somebody's taste has changed!

Circus is a pure pop uptempo song, which reminded us of the old Britney, while Lace and Leather is 80's Madonna-inspired song!

Raul_esp

I think the chorus of circus not is very good , the prechorus is amazing , very ABBA .
the chorus of lace and leather and shattered glass are better , it is a pity it be so short.

ahmed

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 21, 2008, 03:06:16 PM
Circus has sold 200k in its second week in the USA, which quite good, but the album is doing really bad in Europe as we discussed, and btw in Germany it fell from 9 to 24...

Lace and Lather is better than Circus?! :o, somebody's taste has changed!

Circus is a pure pop uptempo song, which reminded us of the old Britney, while Lace and Leather is 80's Madonna-inspired song!

this is great news how the album is doing very well in USA.

i wish it did well in Europe too, but let's look at the good side , the worldwide sales of music these years are not as much as before for all the singers, including the biggest superstars.

and in Britney's case, yes she is one of the biggest superstars, but this big name has been accompanied by gossip and tabloid news in the last 2 years which crossed the lines and took the world's attention to another side away from her music, everybody was talking about her personal life not her music, her music was overshadowed by her personal life, i think that might be the reason that affected the sales in Europe.

i think what she achieved with ''Circus'' is great, huge success in USA is very good for her, this is the most important musical market.

Alex Martin

Don't worry Ahmed,now with the 3th single IUSA brit album will return on top of the chart everywhere.

starstruck52

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 21, 2008, 03:06:16 PM
Lace and Leather is 80's Madonna-inspired song!
No, it's Prince-inspired.

And Shattered Glass is supposed to be repetitive. "gla-EE-friend" has the potential to be the new "umbrella ella ella".

*Sabine*

Talking about the first single, I think we should do very soon what it will be. Shattered glass or If you seek amy are the most likely I think.

ahmed

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 21, 2008, 08:19:16 PM

And Shattered Glass is supposed to be repetitive. "gla-EE-friend" has the potential to be the new "umbrella ella ella".

maybe that's the reason why i don't like this part.

i don't understand what is the songwriters point in making repetitive parts like that in the songs, maybe they think it will make the song catchy or something?!

*Sabine*

Quote from: ahmed on December 21, 2008, 09:40:01 PM

i don't understand what is the songwriters point in making repetitive parts like that in the songs, maybe they think it will make the song catchy or something?!

Yes I think that's why, but for me it's not catchiness at all! On the contrary I think it's VERY annoying!

starstruck52

I want "Out From Under" to be the next single. She needs a ballad.