• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Quote from: ahmed on December 23, 2008, 04:08:36 PM
i think the reason why some people here don't like the album is only because it doesn't match with their taste , or they wanted her to do songs like her old songs which is not logical in my opinion, and they make comparisons between this album and her old albums also is not logical comparison, it is strange that some people here want her to do songs like her old songs, (her old songs are my favorite ), but she can't do bubble gum again for many reasons, TODAY such these songs will not be welcomed by fans, critics, record labels, i bet if Max had offered her a bubble gum song in stead of ''if u seek amy'' , it would have been rejected by her record label Jive .

Very well said ahmed.
If U Seek Amy is an excellent compromise between bubblegum pop we love and the pop/rock that is sucessful nowadays. I maintain that it's a great song and is better than some of her old (Cheiron) songs. It's made very cleverly IMO.

*Sabine*

Some pics of Brit and her boys next to the Xmas tree at home. So sweet! The boys are growing so fast, especially Preston wow!

http://spearsintentions.com/Photos/thumbnails.php?album=351

Alex Martin

Welcome to the forum Rami.

Disagree with Ahmed
i think the reason why some people here don't like the album is only because it doesn't match with their taste , or they wanted her to do songs like her old songs which is not logical in my opinion, and they make comparisons between this album and her old albums also is not logical comparison, it is strange that some people here want her to do songs like her old songs, (her old songs are my favorite ), but she can't do bubble gum again for many reasons, TODAY such these songs will not be welcomed by fans, critics, record labels, i bet if Max had offered her a bubble gum song in stead of ''if u seek amy'' , it would have been rejected by her record label Jive .

Many songs of this album are poor while the first brit work had many good songs.

That's all!!!!

Alex Martin

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 23, 2008, 04:54:39 PM

Very well said ahmed.
If U Seek Amy is an excellent compromise between bubblegum pop we love and the pop/rock that is sucessful nowadays. I maintain that it's a great song and is better than some of her old (Cheiron) songs. It's made very cleverly IMO.
[/quote

Agree on IUSA but it's not the best martin's work ever like max said.

*Sabine*

I wanted to draw your attention to Shattered Glass. I really feel it's a wasted song. It could be excellent. It has 2 verses and 2 choruses and that's it. It's missing a bridge, a break dance and 2 choruses. What went wrong with Dr Luke?? He usually sticks to the pop songs structure perfectly. This song would be very good for a single but only if it was finished. This is the like the producer said 'Oh well, let's stop recording now, we can take a break, let's go watch movies' and never went back. lol Not to mention again that 'bare' chorus which is missing some synthe!

Rebecca

I agree Sabine, Shattered Glass does sound unfinished, and perhaps it could be improved, but for me it's just a light dancey song and maybe if it was longer or 'more finished' then it might show up that it's just not a strong song, not that good, but this way, I like it, it's easy to listen to.

Ahmed, agree the record company would reject a bubblegum song from Britney. But disagree in that we can't compare this album to her old albums. Even if her music style has to change, it can still be good quality, this album is just okay for me.

oh by the way, welcome Rami!

ahmed

Quote from: Rebecca on December 24, 2008, 10:22:43 AM
I agree Sabine, Shattered Glass does sound unfinished, and perhaps it could be improved, but for me it's just a light dancey song and maybe if it was longer or 'more finished' then it might show up that it's just not a strong song, not that good, but this way, I like it, it's easy to listen to.

Ahmed, agree the record company would reject a bubblegum song from Britney. But disagree in that we can't compare this album to her old albums. Even if her music style has to change, it can still be good quality, this album is just okay for me.

oh by the way, welcome Rami!

i understand what you are saying Rebecca, her first 3 albums will always be her best, but i noticed that people who don't like this album mention and compare it to the old albums and this is unfair comparison because a lot of things has changed since 7 or 8 years ago in the music industry.

we can't compare Justin Timberlake solo songs and his old songs with N'Sync, of course N'sync songs were better, but he changed his style to a bad style and succeeded because of the changes in the music industry, it is a business.

in my opinion the album ''Circus'' by Britney has songs better than many of the songs that is being released in years by the other pop singers in USA , it is better than Gwen Stefani, Christina, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez,Mariah Carey,Justin Timberlake, and many others who sing the pop/dance style in USA.

*Sabine*

Geek, thanks ahmed, i feel less lonely now to prefer Justin's old songs to his solo albums now. Usually when I say that people call me dumb and tasteless! Blah!

ahmed

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 23, 2008, 05:21:44 PM
Some pics of Brit and her boys next to the Xmas tree at home. So sweet! The boys are growing so fast, especially Preston wow!

http://spearsintentions.com/Photos/thumbnails.php?album=351

sweet pictures, i love Britney's sons Jayden James and Sean Preston, i wish them happiness and safety in their life.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: ahmed on December 24, 2008, 02:23:10 PM

in my opinion the album ''Circus'' by Britney has songs better than many of the songs that is being released in years by the other pop singers in USA , it is better than Gwen Stefani, Christina, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez,Mariah Carey,Justin Timberlake, and many others who sing the pop/dance style in USA.
Excuse me, Ahmed I don't know why you're making Circus sound as if it is THE OOPS comeback, if you look at it as a real Cheiron fan, you will only like (Circus, If U Seek Amy, Shattered Glass and Amnesia) that's all, songs like Mm Papi, Blur and the others are just annoying and trashy! And please don't bring "My Baby" over because nothing special about that song, I even think Someday was better than it,

When we heard that Max is gonna produce for her, I was like "OMG A NEW POP INVENTION' from Max, to be honest we haven't heard anything poppy from him lately, all he does is the pop/rock with dr.luke and the rockier sound when he's alone, I expected more, not saying that IUSA is bad, I truly love it, I guess it's my favourite along with Circus, but here is what he did to guarantee that this song will be people's favourite, he used (So What drums, and the lalala thing)which is pretty catchy thing to use, so Max didn't really invent with Britney.
Songs like Circus and Shattered Glass are a lot poppier and very old Britney Ahmed, not only me who thinks so sooo many, even non-cheiron fans, the record label didn't refuse them, I totally disagree when you think the album is great just because songs like Mmm Papi and My Baby are pop when they are in fact "0" in the real pop music world we used to listen to. To me as a Cheiron fan and a good music listener, these songs are nothing special, could've been easily done by Fergie or Gwen.

ahmed

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 24, 2008, 04:54:59 PM

Excuse me, Ahmed I don't know why you're making Circus sound as if it is THE OOPS comeback, if you look at it as a real Cheiron fan, you will only like (Circus, If U Seek Amy, Shattered Glass and Amnesia) that's all, songs like Mm Papi, Blur and the others are just annoying and trashy! And please don't bring "My Baby" over because nothing special about that song, I even think Someday was better than it,

When we heard that Max is gonna produce for her, I was like "OMG A NEW POP INVENTION' from Max, to be honest we haven't heard anything poppy from him lately, all he does is the pop/rock with dr.luke and the rockier sound when he's alone, I expected more, not saying that IUSA is bad, I truly love it, I guess it's my favourite along with Circus, but here is what he did to guarantee that this song will be people's favourite, he used (So What drums, and the lalala thing)which is pretty catchy thing to use, so Max didn't really invent with Britney.
Songs like Circus and Shattered Glass are a lot poppier and very old Britney Ahmed, not only me who thinks so sooo many, even non-cheiron fans, the record label didn't refuse them, I totally disagree when you think the album is great just because songs like Mmm Papi and My Baby are pop when they are in fact "0" in the real pop music world we used to listen to. To me as a Cheiron fan and a good music listener, these songs are nothing special, could've been easily done by Fergie or Gwen.

i know what you say feelgoodlies, but don't you think that ''Circus'' contain songs better than the songs by the other pop singers like Gwen Stefani, christina, Justin timberlake and many others?!

i'm not making circus oops come back and i'm confirming that Britney frisrt 3 albums will always be her best, i don't have to look at her songs with my cherion eyes, because the song don't have to be cheiron to be good, and you said it yourself, we haven't heard anything poppy from Max lately, he is doing the pop/rock style which is not Britney style, however in ''if u seek amy'' he mixed his new style (so what drums) and his old style (the stop and that music part in the second verse like oops song which we talked about before).

and actually for Britney the life shouldn't stop when old pop style stops,does she have to stop releasing music ?! or trying new sounds? ... you will tell me try new sound but good sounds, and i think it happened with ''Circus'', it is something new for Britney .

in addition to the songs you mentioned, i love Quicksand,Phonography,Rock Me In,Out From Under,Kill The Lights,Lace And Leather, Unusual you.

none of the big superstars can do that old pop style now especially in America , and believe me the record label will refuse it at least with Britney because she did that cheiron pop style a lot in the past.

can you tell me a singer as an example that you wish  Britney does similar to his/her music style NOW, and please don't tell me European singers,tell me American one because Britney is American, and bear in mind the differences in the musical style , so don't say pop /rock singers.

*Sabine*

Agree with both of you. As Feelgooglies said, the only songs i truly love on Circus are Circus, If U Seek Amy, Shattered Glass and Amnesia.

And yes Circus is only my 4th fave album by Brit (after her 3 first of course) but I think it's better than any other American act right now.

Rebecca

we can't compare Justin Timberlake solo songs and his old songs with N'Sync, of course N'sync songs were better, but he changed his style to a bad style and succeeded because of the changes in the music industry, it is a business.

absolutely agree with you, out of that list of the female's I have only heard Madonna's and it was truly terrible and I can imagine that the rest were terrible too. I have Justin's solo cd's and never to them.

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 24, 2008, 02:41:46 PM
Geek, thanks ahmed, i feel less lonely now to prefer Justin's old songs to his solo albums now. Usually when I say that people call me dumb and tasteless! Blah!

definitely Sabine, I really like Justin, he is a star, but just don't like his music.

starstruck52

I like some of Justin's music...

His cocky attitude is annoying though. The way he treats his fans is horrible.

Unexpected

What the hell is going on in here?  ;D

slow down people , Circus is really good effort from britney because of one thing I expectd ALOT WORSE , and when I listen to the album there're no standouts for me ecxcept(Circus-Shattered Glass-If you seek amy-Amnesia)also quicksand is quiet good , but when I listen to the album back-to-back it's not horrible album at ALL , very good pop album according to the standards of todays markets (though there's alot of greater pop musicdone by less famous acts don't see the light)

my personal favorites in this album (Circus-shattered glass-amensia) actually I'm not too fussed about if you seek amy , it's a good song with catchy tunes but when I remember Max produced I get disappointed because it DEFINITLY NOT what I expected him to bring to us with britney after 7 years , HE used what he did with P!nk seriously :-\!!!!  he gave P!nk a melody then he used the same strings with BRITNEY OMG I get a headache everytime I think about it