• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nshinnosuke

It's not available for me too..
Now it's also official that IUSA is the most played song of all time on my itunes with 301 playcounts  ;D

starstruck52

Thank God Kelly's new single sounds like SUBG/SW

Britney is in the clear. IUSA will be a huge success *knock on wood*  :D

Rebecca

If U Seek Amy will be a smash! I will have no faith in music buyers if it isn't!

Quote from: Alex Martin on January 08, 2009, 11:14:49 PM
I can't see this video.Can you tell me if it's true max talks about why he decided to work with brit.

http://watch.muchmusic.com/artists-a-z/b/britney-spears/clip89912#clip89912

the video doesn't play for me either, but I can see there's a tiny photo of Max & Britney and it is the one from her "Time Out" dvd where Max speaks about Britney, so I'm guessing that the Max interview is the old one from the dvd. But I'd be grateful if a Swede could check and confirm?

*Sabine*

Can't view the vid either!
And wtf at the intro text : "Timbaland's Swedish equivalent, Max Martin, talks about why he decided to work with the popstar!"

Such an insult!!!  :-X

*Sabine*

Quote from: Out on January 08, 2009, 12:37:06 PM
By the way Electroqueer blog's article about "So What" being lesbian anthem of 2008, "I Kissed a Girl" - anthem on a 2nd place and "Hot'n'cold" - one of lesbian anthems too. Go Max!  ;D
http://zxlcreative.blogs.com/electroqueer/2009/01/will-pink-come-out-of-the-closet-in-2009.html

Ah ah yeah!! Max for lesbians, lol

I'm kinda worried at one thing though... I've read lots of articles saying IUSA could be censored on the radio because of you know what. Would be idiot but if it happened, it woudl be a huge impediment to the success of the song  :-\

Rebecca

Yes, I'm worried too that they will try to censor IUSA, would be very stupid!

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Rebecca on January 12, 2009, 08:49:43 PM
Yes, I'm worried too that they will try to censor IUSA, would be very stupid!
They said this one is the official radio edit, the idea of it being censored destroys the greatness of the song!

Raul_esp

it is sad and ridiculous , they allow the war and prohibits it  >:( but it adds secretism to the song lol , the song will have a lot of fame , the part when max sings is too censured ,  does he say ''Fuck me''? lol

starstruck52

They'll probably end up pulling IUSA and do "Unusual You" instead. The media and hype surrounding this song will probably end up killing it. It's sad because if any other artist did this, it wouldn't have garnered this much attention. Nobody would've known what if you seek Amy really meant.  :-\

Alex Martin

Also hot and cold and 'was censured in some nations.

Rebecca

that's ridiculous that they've already censored it, I hate it when songs have that gap in it on the radio. I hope the actual single released is the album version.

Is that the single cover? I love it if it is, with Britney holding a drink with piece of lime in it.

Quote from: Alex Martin on January 13, 2009, 11:28:24 AM
Also hot and cold and 'was censured in some nations.

why would Hot n Cold be censored?

Alex Martin

The verse "like a b*tch" became "like a chick".

Rebecca

*Sabine*

Quote from: Rebecca on January 13, 2009, 11:41:20 AM
Quote from: Alex Martin on January 13, 2009, 11:31:54 AM
The verse "like a b*tch" became "like a chick".

oh, that is hilarious!

really? lool what are the countries that did it?

I'm not worried for IUSA, that can only add more fame!!

Feelgoodlies

QuoteProfanity in pop songs is old news. Hell, the chorus to Christina Aguilera's recent single, "Keeps Gettin' Better," kicks off with the phrase, "Some days I'm a super bi---." That one is easy enough for radio stations to edit out in order to avoid any fines from the FCC or threats to yank their licenses.

But what will they do with a new single from a major artist that doesn't actually contain a four-letter word, but rather spells it out in a not-so-subtle way? That dilemma is beginning to dawn on top-40 radio programmers across the country as the third single from album, "If U Seek Amy," starts to make its way to the airwaves.

The cheeky title (try saying it fast) joins the tradition of album titles like Van Halen's 1991 For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. The chorus doesn't even try to make grammatical sense of the phrase: "But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy."

The spelled-out profanity puts the song into a legal gray area for radio stations.

"It's OK to put in on an album, have fun with it, but we're publicly owned, you know?" said Patti Marshall, program director at Cincinnati's Q102, a pop station in a decidedly conservative Midwestern market. "We have a responsibility to the public ... you put this ... out and act like we're all fuddy-duddies, like we're trying to make moral judgments. It's not about us. It's about the mom in the minivan with her 8-year-old."

Like several programmers we talked to, Marshall said she had not yet been told that "Amy" was the next single from Circus. She's still busy playing the album's title track, which was recently released as the second single. Asked if she would play "Amy" if it came to her as a single, Marshall said likely wouldn't. She likened its chorus (which she has not heard) to "a little boy in sixth grade doing arm farts."

A spokesperson for the Federal Communications Commission did not return calls for comment, and Spears' label confirmed the choice of the single but would not comment on its content or any potential issues at radio.

Sharon Dastur, program director at Z100 in New York, also had not yet heard the song and said she's not sure what the station's plans are for it. She compared its possible problems to those faced by her station in 2005 upon the release of the Black Eyed Peas single "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

"Listeners thought it was the other word, and so we had to change it to 'mess,' " she said. That example was also the first that popped to mind for KIIS FM Los Angeles program director John Ivey, who said he knew he couldn't play the Peas' song as originally recorded but felt that censoring it would make it sound more nefarious, so he asked the group's label for a new version.

"It's a potential issue for every station," Ivey said of the Spears single. "I'm certain that I would run it by my legal department first. My first job is to protect [the station's] license. ... It's better to be safe than sorry."

Asked if he would recut the song to edit out the naughty bits, Ivey said he probably wouldn't because he felt the phrase was included in the song to provoke, so an alteration would change its intention. "[Spears' label, Jive,] might also be just floating it out there to see if they can stir things up a bit."

Source: MTV.com

a fan-made cover