• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clabbelito

Quote from: Out on January 08, 2009, 12:37:06 PM
Before I thought that it's better to realese ballad after "Circus", but now I think that Brit has risk to lose the wave of audience's attention releasing some other single. She needs a scandal now and she needs everyone to speak about do-you-know-what-actually-this-title-means, so it's gonna work not less good than for Katy.

"Britney rerecords controversial single":

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a143511/britney-rerecords-controversial-single.html

*Sabine*

Re-record is a big word for the thing they did. It's just a gross edit in which the "k" in "seek" is cancelled.  :-[

nshinnosuke

Did she re-records the entire song or only the 'Seek' part?

*Sabine*

She didn't record anything. She's rehearsing for the tour right now. The song was only edited.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: *Sabine* on January 20, 2009, 10:15:53 AM
She didn't record anything. She's rehearsing for the tour right now. The song was only edited.
Yes, that is the correct term I guess, the song has only been edited not re-recorded, I don't think it will be censored in most countries in Europe.

*Sabine*

Indeed, it shouldn't be censored in Europe. So yes, I guess it wasn't worth spending money to re record the song.

Out

Quote from: clabbelito on January 19, 2009, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: Out on January 08, 2009, 12:37:06 PM
Before I thought that it's better to realese ballad after "Circus", but now I think that Brit has risk to lose the wave of audience's attention releasing some other single. She needs a scandal now and she needs everyone to speak about do-you-know-what-actually-this-title-means, so it's gonna work not less good than for Katy.
"Britney rerecords controversial single":
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a143511/britney-rerecords-controversial-single.html
Hehe, yes, that's what I was speaking about.
Interesting do we have any chances to get some single edit different from album?

*Sabine*

The edit will only be for the radio. I hope they don't put that shit on the single.

Rebecca

I think they should release 2 singles - the edited one (clean) and the original one. I think they've done that with other singles if there's been some swearing. I'd buy the clean one too as it's funny. If U See Amy!

*Sabine*

I don't think they would release 2 different singles. At worst, the 2 versions on the single, along with the remixes.

Alex Martin

I want thje song soon on the radio,censored or not. That's all!!!!!  ;D

*Sabine*

Oh by the way, I read that the single won't be released everywhere around the world. For example, Italy will be excluded! How come????

ahmed

Billboard.com

Parents TV Council Protests Britney Song

The Parents Television Council is warning parents and radio stations not to broadcast Britney Spears' "If U Seek Amy" because the organization believes it "would violate the broadcast indecency law" if aired between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

Saying the title phrase quickly out loud produces a sound akin to spelling out the F-word, says PTC president Tim Winter. "There is no misinterpreting the lyrics to this song, and it's certainly not about a girl named Amy," he says of the track, the third single from Spears' new Jive album, "Circus."

"It's one thing for a song with these lyrics to be included on a CD so that fans who wish to hear it can do so, but it's an entirely different matter when this song is played over the publicly-owned airwaves, especially at a time when children are likely to be in the listening audience," Winter says.

Founded in 1995, the PTC describes itself as "a non-partisan education organization advocating responsible entertainment." Jive was unavailable for comment on the PTC's advisory.

The controversy isn't stopping U.S. radio from playing "If You Seek Amy." Six top 40 stations have the song in rotation this week, enough to place the track at No. 92 on the Billboard Pop 100. Leading the pack is WFLZ-Tampa, Fla., which has played it 19 times.
Click to learn more...

"We're confident the version of the song we air is not crossing any lines," PD Tommy Chuck tells Billboard.com, adding that WFLX plays not only a Jive-created edit of the song that changes "Seek" to "See" as well as a jokey version where morning host MJ shouts his name every time the word "Amy" appears.

Digitally, "Amy" has sold 107,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Raul_esp

*Sabine*

*Smells some scandal*

Am I mistaken or things are going exactly the way they were planned?? I mean, come on, Jive knew that and would have already changed the 3rd single if it bothered them! But with Britney, it's all the time the contrary...the more she's criticised and bothered, the better for her sales!  ;D