• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

I don't think Britney will get stuck in a box, she has already worked with so many different songwriters and had success with songs other than Max Martin songs.

With Pink and Kelly, for me only the Max songs are good, I like the recycling.

*Sabine*

I still maintain what I said on Britney's songwriting skills. When it's credited it's for the lyrics. As far as I know, the only melody she came up with is the ballad Dear Diary, the last track of her Oops album...and this is seriously one of her worst tracks ever.

About If U Seek Amy, I LOVE it, I do think iyt's innovative to mix rock and bubblegum, Pink and Britney, and to make a song that sounds like classic old Cheiron but that still fits the 2009 standards! And the lyrics are funny!  :)

starstruck52

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 23, 2009, 10:14:33 AM
I still maintain what I said on Britney's songwriting skills. When it's credited it's for the lyrics. As far as I know, the only melody she came up with is the ballad Dear Diary.
She also came up with the melodies to I'm So Curious, Everytime, My Baby, Someday, Let Go, among others.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: starstruck52 on March 23, 2009, 10:00:39 PM
Quote from: *Sabine* on March 23, 2009, 10:14:33 AM
I still maintain what I said on Britney's songwriting skills. When it's credited it's for the lyrics. As far as I know, the only melody she came up with is the ballad Dear Diary.
She also came up with the melodies to I'm So Curious, Everytime, My Baby, Someday, Let Go, among others.
All of them are bad IMO, except Someday!

*Sabine*

I don't want to discredit her but I'd be curious to know her percentage of contribution in the melody...

Alex Martin

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 24, 2009, 09:31:16 PM
I don't want to discredit her but I'd be curious to know her percentage of contribution in the melody...

Less than zero.She's unable to write melody to me.

*Sabine*

New poll on britney.com: http://www.britney.com/us/poll/what-do-you-think-next-icircusi-single-should-be

What should Britney's next (4th) single be?

Voted Out from Under here. I would have voted Shattered glass, if the song was remixed, but as I doubt they'd bother, I picked Out from Under, even if it's far from Joanna's level!

What do you think?

Rebecca

They're talking 4th single already?! I thought they'd promote IUSA a bit more and wait until that's a hit.

I voted Unusual You, I love that song. Not sure how it would go as a single and fit into radio's playlists but I'd love to see it as a single.

sforzando

I vote for Out From Under, but I don't want it to do better than IUSA!!!
(some jealousy now lol)

IUSA is #26 on Billboard Hot 100 and #17 on Pop100...

*Sabine*

Thanks for the Billboards rankings sforzando.

I don't really like Unsuual You here and mostly I'm very annoyed by all that people on forums calling this song a masterpiece! It's a BIT exaggerated!

Don't worry Reb, they will promote IUSA first, it's not the first time they have done that kind of poll. And of course they are still in the decision making process, they have to do that a long time ahead, I think the timing is great.

Now let's pray Amy climbs up the charts, does well on the radio....and of course sells well!

Raul_esp

shattered glass is my favourite , out from under or unusual you are good too for single.

Unexpected

I voted Shattered Glass, if they smart enough they will release it as a single it was the most downloaded (non-single)song from the album when it was released.

*Sabine*

Quote from: Unexpected on March 26, 2009, 02:48:21 PM
I voted Shattered Glass, if they smart enough they will release it as a single it was the most downloaded (non-single)song from the album when it was released.

True, but Shattered is not a song, it's a piece of a song! They need to finish it at least!

Raul_esp

*Sabine*

Quote from: Raul_esp on March 26, 2009, 02:57:30 PM
yes shattered glas needs a max remix !!

Shattered Glass could be a really great song with a bridge, 2 final choruses and polished production, especially more finitions in the chorus!  ;D