• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Unusual You would have done bad as a single yes. But you know, there are no real theories when you see what happened to IUSA!

Rebecca

It's really true, sometimes there's no logic to why some songs become hits. I thought If U Seek Amy would have been huge. Then again, most fans already have the album, there's no point to buy the single again, there should have been a remix of IUSA as the b-side.

*Sabine*

Yes, but even if people don't buy the single, the radios and music channels can still play it a lot...and that didn't happen with IUSA!
For sure, Jive had big expectancies on this song as Max's songs for Britney have almost been monster hits (except Overprotected and NAG). Now with again another song not doing well, I'm scared they don't want any more collaboration with Max. Have you thought about that??
*starts freaking out about B's next album*

Rebecca

Yeah, that crossed my mind too! I'm worried he won't be on the next album.
Although at least the song generated some controversy, not that Britney really needed it!

Unexpected

Well, I don't think Jive will put the underperforming of IUSA as a reason to not collaborate with Max again, IMO the song wasn't meant to be hit at the first place with all the controversy sorrounding it since the release of the album, and to be fair in the US the song is doing really good it's one of her biggest radio hits to date and a peak of 19 it's not bad at all.

Feelgoodlies

The reason for it being her lowest chart position single there is because of the huge gap between the physical and single release the UK single chart lately does whcih I hate. Physical and Digital releases should be released at the same week, it is really stupid to download a song 4 weeks or more before and then go out to buy it when it loses its appeal!

Circus and If U Seek Amy weren't good hits for Briteny in the UK, let's wait to see what will happen in Germany since it is the chart I care about alot!

ahmed

Radar is the next single  :'(, this is very disappointing, it is the worst song on the album, and being related to Blackout make it worse.

i wish she released a ballad, ''out from under'' my baby'' unusual you''

if they wanted a fun song it should be ''mmm papi'' ,''shattered glass'' or ''kill the lights'' or even a bonus track ''Amnesia'' ''Phonography'' ''Quicksand''

one last question guys..... does she only perform '' womanizer'' ''if u seek amy'' ''circus'' from the new album on the tour ??

ahmed

Quote from: *Sabine* on May 10, 2009, 01:54:19 PM
Yes, but even if people don't buy the single, the radios and music channels can still play it a lot...and that didn't happen with IUSA!
For sure, Jive had big expectancies on this song as Max's songs for Britney have almost been monster hits (except Overprotected and NAG). Now with again another song not doing well, I'm scared they don't want any more collaboration with Max. Have you thought about that??
*starts freaking out about B's next album*

first of all, i want Britney to work with Max Martin on her next album, because he is the producer that i trust with Britney, when Britney and Max are in the studio, she is in safe hands......however i won't be disappointed if they aren't, because Max's recent music are not that attractive in my opinion,

i want Britney to work with RAMI ,you know that Britney take risks to work with unknown producers, and Rami now is kinda unknown producer.

i'm sure Rami can give Britney variety of styles, dance and ballads, and he will make rewind to the cheiron era.

starstruck52

IUSA would've been a lot bigger if it weren't censored.

Anyways, RADAR is amazing. It's way better than IUSA. I think it'll do well.

*Sabine*

Quote from: starstruck52 on May 19, 2009, 12:10:56 AM

Anyways, RADAR is amazing. It's way better than IUSA. I think it'll do well.

Radar better than IUSA??  :o :o
For the radio and commercially speaking, maybe it is but I think for us on the forum, no way!

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: starstruck52 on May 19, 2009, 12:10:56 AM
Don't mix things, censorship has nothing to do with its performance on the charts, it is really doing great in the American radio airplays, that's why it is still in the top 30's on the official chart, in the U.K., as I previously stated, the reason for its bad chart performance is the gap between the digital and the physical release, plus the promo. Jive is stupid!

It is out on May the 29th in Germany, so we'll see how it will perform!

Feelgoodlies

The cover for Radar:

Horrendous as every cover she made this era.

Btw the cover was taking from this:

*Sabine*

Yes, the cover sucks big time, that pink hurts my poor eyes. I think Jive does it on purpose to ruin all her covers...  ::)

sforzando

It will be easily found in the record shop due to that fluorescent pink, for sure. lol

*Sabine*

Quote from: sforzando on May 25, 2009, 03:52:38 AM
It will be easily found in the record shop due to that fluorescent pink, for sure. lol

Ahah, that's an argument I guess...  ;)