• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Alex Martin

I like the music...not the lyrics...btw Tik Tok by kesha is much better than 3.

nshinnosuke

klukan

It's so weird. I have ambivalent feelings about "3".
I can't stop listening to it but I'm still kinda disappointed that this is actually Max's work  ??? In some way it must have a small dose of the "drug effect" !
I must admit that after listening to it for a week I can feel Max's expertise as to the musical hooks and vocals but it still doesn't feel like a Max production!
Confused...  :D

Rebecca

True, it doesn't really sound like a Max song, apart from the drug effect!

I like the lyrics, they are funny! I like the phrasing "merrier the more" and the "peter paul and mary" - is she saying the threesome is 2 guys and a girl?

I love Tik Tok, but like 3 better

Raul_esp

yeah , it' strange , for me the song is amazing , the chorus is amazing but its a bit hip hop and I can feel the melody of max but the strong of the chorus is typical of max , but I prefer the verses , the bridge and the middle 8 that have the max vibe .

The lyrics are not great but are funny , the part of the middle 8 is the best , the combination of the lyrics and the music here is just perfect.

klukan

I think it's a nice detail that the official track time is 3:33  ;D

Unexpected

Quote from: Rebecca on October 05, 2009, 10:34:16 PM
True, it doesn't really sound like a Max song, apart from the drug effect!

I like the lyrics, they are funny! I like the phrasing "merrier the more" and the "peter paul and mary" - is she saying the threesome is 2 guys and a girl?
I love Tik Tok, but like 3 better

Since I heard the song that's what I thought 2 guys and 1 girl, BTW this track has something similar to Mannequin by britney spears, everytime I listen to the song it keep hits me.

sforzando

Quote from: Rebecca on October 05, 2009, 12:05:17 PM
Quote from: Alex Martin on October 03, 2009, 09:53:23 AM

Yes it is so sad this new direction...maybe he thinks to be new fresh and original but in my opinion he's less than sufficient.

not less than sufficient! Alex, I didn't think you'd be using that word about a Max song! :)

I'm surprised about how divided people here are about "3", I think it's more people don't like it than like it.I think it's insanely catchy!

I think more people here 'like' it and are addicted to its drug effect but just don't want Max to go on this kind of lyrics and to change his sound to this kind of production that many other producers do.Maybe. :)

Unexpected

I've been hard on Max Martin and wasn't into his work 100% for the last period because all of the songs the were out at the same period were all sound similar if not identical, but now I really like what he's doing

Bigger
I'll Be Over You
I Got U

all those 4 songs will be out at the same period but none of them sound similar to the other; even if some aren't that original but don't sound similar to songs produced by him at the same time.

*Sabine*

Klukan, indeed this is a nice detail, that's fun you pointed it out!  ;D

Unexpected, 3 also reminds me of Mannequin, and i also find similarities with Do Something and Hot as Ice...which proves the track is nothing new and not original at all!  :( :( :(

starstruck52

so i've realized that i like womanizer, circus, if u seek amy, and radar all more than "3". as well as gimme more, piece of me, and break the ice.

it's still a good song, though! i just hate some of the lyrics. :(

Raul_esp

''3'' is 1# in itunes of USA , I hope it gets the 1 in hot 100!

ahmed

the best part of the song is '' what we do is innocent......you and me'' the melody and music is super amazing in this part, actually that's what really left from the old Max Martin great touches, it's amazing that he still keep his touch on this part of the song even if he changes the style.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: *Sabine* on October 06, 2009, 11:44:02 PM
Klukan, indeed this is a nice detail, that's fun you pointed it out!  ;D

Unexpected, 3 also reminds me of Mannequin, and i also find similarities with Do Something and Hot as Ice...which proves the track is nothing new and not original at all!  :( :( :(
Yes, also "Bigger", "Friday , I'll Be Over u" aren't fresh at all.