• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSnr

I think this review is very interesting concerning the security that around the song.
http://britneybreakstheice.blogspot.com/2011/01/popjustice-reviews-hold-it-against-me.html

Is Britney Number 1 on any other 1tunes charts yet?

georg_e

^       ^       ^

Yes...13 other countries...and it's still only morning!!!  (here, anyway :-)  Max/Luke are owning 2011!

BTW, Jack..about the guitar...I was wondering that too, but someone on another forum said he thought that main riff of the song that goes through the verses was a guitar with effects, so it just SOUNDS like a synth, and that the riff reminded him of an AC/DC riff. It makes sense, cuz if you listen to that riff and think heavy metal, it sounds like a riff that could be played on guitar, and as we know, Luke has a big rock guitar background......who knows...someday hopefully it'll come out in an interview :D

Feelgoodlies

Actually it really sounds like a remix, the singing doesnt fit the beat.

The beginning of it is really similar to "Take It Off"

All in all, I really think it's a good song, but could've been much better, I'm sure they wanted to give Britney this dance sound to avoid being attacked for their constant repetition. Still I think it's a across between "Blow", "Take It off"  and "Shattered Glass".

Now we need the video please, and Britney please dont look dull and lazy!

OverPop

Song is just good, nothing special, compared to other songs that are currently out it is really amazing, but still overall just a good song.

I was a bit disappointed, but probably due to all the hype that has been going on, and all of that Dr. Luke / Britney / her dancers / whoever posting on their tweeters that the song is sooo brilliant / smashing hit etc.  :)

So in the end a big part of songs success will probably be mass media exposure and all of the hype, and for some reason I doubt all of you would like the song if it wasn't Max / Britney, but if it was exactly the same song.

I gotta stop ranting, sorry people  ;D
it is a good song  :)

Tony G.

JackSnr

Quote from: OverPop on January 11, 2011, 06:37:29 PM
Song is just good, nothing special, compared to other songs that are currently out it is really amazing, but still overall just a good song.

I was a bit disappointed, but probably due to all the hype that has been going on, and all of that Dr. Luke / Britney / her dancers / whoever posting on their tweeters that the song is sooo brilliant / smashing hit etc.  :)

So in the end a big part of songs success will probably be mass media exposure and all of the hype, and for some reason I doubt all of you would like the song if it wasn't Max / Britney, but if it was exactly the same song.

I gotta stop ranting, sorry people  ;D
it is a good song  :)

I can't help but agree with you there OverPop. DJ, Time Machine and Teenage Dream were all better songs in my opiniona and if another producer had done this song, I definately wouldn't like it as much.

Having said that, I would listen to HIAM just for the amazing breakdown (both of them ;-) and I really hope it does well for Max and Britney - they both deserve it.

nshinnosuke

Rebecca

it's a great song, I've been listening to it all night, it's definitely catchy. but yeah, I prefer DJ, Time Machine and Teenage dream. it's different to what I thought it would be. I love reading the reviews of it though. It's sure to be a hit.

OverPop

Quote from: Rebecca on January 12, 2011, 11:51:57 AM
it's a great song, I've been listening to it all night, it's definitely catchy. but yeah, I prefer DJ, Time Machine and Teenage dream. it's different to what I thought it would be. I love reading the reviews of it though. It's sure to be a hit.

I think DJ is on completely another level, and to be honest, to me it was the first song by Max that just blew my mind, since his work in the 90's and early 2000, because I've been a Max fan for just about a year now, and I'm not really a big fan of Katy / Kesha and those kind of artists.

But of course, I wanna hear more songs by Max when the album's out, maybe some other song will suite me more  ;D

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on January 10, 2011, 09:51:51 PM
the "If I said my heart was beating..." part is just like "I feel the Adrenaline moving through my veins" part in Circus...

Oh btw the song sounds  like a remix version of a good song!

First time I heard that part it immediately reminded me of Circus, that bridge before chorus, which is more like a break.

And I have to agree that song does sounds like a remix of a good song, I just hope this doesn't become the new "sound" that Luke / Max / Shellback are headed.

Matteo87

I would like to know if on the new album there will be songs written and produced only by Max and Shellback, without Luke...?

Do you know something about it?
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

Raul_esp

Yes , maybe it isn't very Maxish , but it's a new sound for Britney and for Max and the song is amazing , maybe he could have done another song more maxish that we'd love more but it would be the same always , and Britney needs something new.

Raul_esp

Rebecca

Amazing! let's hope it gets a No.1 on Billboard!

Linda

Hold it against me is suppose to debut at No1 on the billboard chart with sales exceeding 400,000.

How exciting is that!!