• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

I'm not so impressed with Kill The Lights, though i've only listened to it once, maybe it will grow on me when I get the album. I like Womanizer but never feel like listening to it.
All I'm hanging out for is the Max songs.

Yeah, I sometimes I do wonder if I like songs just because Max wrote them. I think I would still like I Kissed A girl - such a catchy tune, I don't consider it to be dirty, I thought Tap That was actually dirtier!

ahmed

Quote from: starstruck52 on November 09, 2008, 10:43:24 PM

actually, if you even listened to the songs, you'd realize that POM has britney accepting the fact that she's a tabloid target and putting it out there in a cute little way... KTL on the other hand, has britney confronting the media and aggressively taking the bull by the horns.

i really hope that most of the songs on the album are like that LYRICALLY, it's great to have songs of Britney singing about how she feels towards the media,expressing her struggle and suffering instead of singing lyrics about being a sucker for sex.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: starstruck52 on November 09, 2008, 10:43:24 PM
and britney's voice has been "robotic" since BOMT. that's her trademark and it's what sets her music apart from all them other hoes. her voice was really processed on blackout, and she seemed a bit disconnected, so i can see why people may not like that... but womanizer and KTL is all britney. her presence is definitely back.
Never heard like (Radar, Freakshow or Piece Of Me) in Britney's first three albums, her voice might've been pimped but was never "robot-ised" like these song I mentioned.

This is her choosing dancers guys:

starstruck52

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on November 10, 2008, 02:33:54 PM
Never heard like (Radar, Freakshow or Piece Of Me) in Britney's first three albums, her voice might've been pimped but was never "robot-ised" like these song I mentioned.
yeah, but those were dance songs and her computerized voice worked well with them. like i said, her voice was really processed on half of blackout, so i can see why people might not have liked it. but her voice has always been pretty robotic "oh baby baby."

Quote from: ahmed on November 10, 2008, 02:25:43 PM
i really hope that most of the songs on the album are like that LYRICALLY, it's great to have songs of Britney singing about how she feels towards the media,expressing her struggle and suffering instead of singing lyrics about being a sucker for sex.
i agree. i'm sure there'll be a good mix of fun pop songs and personal songs... blackout was only released for the fans. she had written and recorded some deep songs for it but they didn't fit the vibe of the album.

starstruck52

oh and popjustice is putting up their review on if u seek amy, out from under, and circus a little later today. :)

starstruck52

Digital Spy UK "Circus" Album Review

Earlier today we were treated to a sneak preview of the new Britney album. Here's what we found:

# Circus is essentially a sequel to last year's Blackout album - it has the same fierce electro sound, but there's less vocoder on Britney's voice and the attitude-ometer's been turned up to at least 9.5.

# Circus also has something Blackout didn't: a proper ballad. "I know that we tried everything we could try, so let's just say goodbye forever," Britney sings on the really quite lovely 'Out From Under'.

# The title track is a prowling beast of a song whose chorus kicks off with a Max Martin-style thump. "I'm the ringleader, I call the shots, I'm a firecracker, I like it hot," Britney sings at one point. It's been confirmed as the next single and the video's already been shot.

# Britney's introduced as "our very own pop princess, now Queen of Pop" on 'Kill The Lights'. That's her off Madonna's Christmas card list then...

# The song itself is almost as knowing as Blackout's 'Piece Of Me', with Britney taking the paparazzi to task. "You don't like me, I don't like you," she tells them. "Only difference is you still listen, I don't have to."

# 'If U Seek Amy', on which Britney actually reunites with Max Martin, is 50% glam, 50% rave. The title has nothing to do with a certain Miss Winehouse and makes more sense if you say it quickly... just don't try it in polite company.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a135219/notes-on-the-new-britney-album.html

Raul_esp

Quote from: starstruck52 on November 10, 2008, 09:24:49 PM
Digital Spy UK "Circus" Album Review

Earlier today we were treated to a sneak preview of the new Britney album. Here's what we found:

# Circus is essentially a sequel to last year's Blackout album - it has the same fierce electro sound, but there's less vocoder on Britney's voice and the attitude-ometer's been turned up to at least 9.5.

# Circus also has something Blackout didn't: a proper ballad. "I know that we tried everything we could try, so let's just say goodbye forever," Britney sings on the really quite lovely 'Out From Under'.

# The title track is a prowling beast of a song whose chorus kicks off with a Max Martin-style thump. "I'm the ringleader, I call the shots, I'm a firecracker, I like it hot," Britney sings at one point. It's been confirmed as the next single and the video's already been shot.

# Britney's introduced as "our very own pop princess, now Queen of Pop" on 'Kill The Lights'. That's her off Madonna's Christmas card list then...

# The song itself is almost as knowing as Blackout's 'Piece Of Me', with Britney taking the paparazzi to task. "You don't like me, I don't like you," she tells them. "Only difference is you still listen, I don't have to."

# 'If U Seek Amy', on which Britney actually reunites with Max Martin, is 50% glam, 50% rave. The title has nothing to do with a certain Miss Winehouse and makes more sense if you say it quickly... just don't try it in polite company.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a135219/notes-on-the-new-britney-album.html

thanks for the information , it is exciting , circus chorus es very max , it must be a  great song!!

Markus1981

The digital spy review has got me even more excited for the album - if that is oissible. I love the few seconds I listened to of Kill The Lights but I've decided I'm waiting until I have the album to listen and will be desperately trying to avoid any leaks. I've never managed before so it could all change when the full album leaks.

Rebecca

good luck Markus with avoiding the leaks! I usually try to just wait for the album and it is worth it! to finally hold the cd and put it in your stereo and read all the songwriting credits, the songs always sound better!

that digital spy review does sound exciting!

'If U Seek Amy', is 50% glam, 50% rave' - wow!

Feelgoodlies

Well, I can't wait for our reviews!

I don't want any more leaking, I hope Jive does something!

ahmed

The Sun newspaper in the U.K preview about the song ''circus'':

The collection's title track "Circus" sees Brit morphing ever closer to Madonna. Circus has more than a passing resemblance to the industrial hip-hop-powered tracks on Hard Candy.

it's different from what digital spy said.

it's really weird and strange that the song described as madonna's hip hop tracks on hard candy in a review, and described as a Max Martin style in another review !! both are totally different styles.

i hope digital spy reviews are closer to the truth.

Raul_esp

Quote from: ahmed on November 11, 2008, 03:37:29 PM

The collection's title track "Circus" sees Brit morphing ever closer to Madonna. Circus has more than a passing resemblance to the industrial hip-hop-powered tracks on Hard Candy.

it's really weird and strange that the song described as madonna's hip hop tracks on hard candy in a review, and described as a Max Martin style in another review !! both are totally different styles.

I think the sun talks about the album circus in general and not about the track as digital spy

Out

Oh, no, please, I don't want Brit to sound like Madonna. Maddy released her weakest album ever, so boring and uninteresting that I couldn't listen any song to the end.

ahmed

Quote from: Raul_esp on November 11, 2008, 06:10:20 PM
Quote from: ahmed on November 11, 2008, 03:37:29 PM

I think the sun talks about the album circus in general and not about the track as digital spy

i thought that too, but there is a review from entertainment weekly said that the album is closer to Britney's pop beginnings with Max Martin with the edge needed.

anyway i hope we get the best from every producer on the album, i also hope that Dr.Luke has created a good pop style for Britney, with less explicit lyrics because he is a bit into writing explicit and with a singer like Britney he might find a room for that lol.

Out

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3182&Itemid=9

Alright then, due to 'overwhelming public demand' (ie a string of emails ranging from the polite to the downright offensive) here are some words about tracks from the Britney album.

'CIRCUS'
This is the title track. This means the song's called 'Circus', and it's from the album 'Circus'. "I run a tight ship," Britney announces, "so beware - I'm like the ringleader, I call the shots, I'm like a firecracker I make it hot, now put a show". What does this mean? Well, she is a ringleader on a ship - we presume this is something to do with a special circus on a cruise liner of some sort. Basically Britney is comparing herself to lots of things at the same time. Your English teacher will tell you this is a silly thing to do - but Britney is allowed to do it, because she is Britney. The track comes with massive thudding electronic R&B production and there's a lot of stopping and starting, including a a built-in MTV-style dance breakdown segment. The chorus lyric is "all eyes on me in the centre of the ring just like a circus" but the best bit's the bridge, with its "I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins, spotlight on me and I'm ready to break, I'm like a performer with this world as a stage" bit. There's all sorts of other stuff about "don't stand there watching me, following me, show me what you can do". Bits of it are a lot like 'Break The Ice' from the last album, but with an extra layer of Big Production.

OUT FROM UNDER
'Blackout' didn't have any big ballads so here is one for 'Circus'. It's incredibly similar to this version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6kf1UwXPQ
...of the song but with more guitar (weedy guitar, not big proper guitar). The production's a lot less sparse and a great deal more 'Britney ballad' (in the 'I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman' tradition). Basically the most interesting thing about Britney's version that you can't hear on the Joanna Pacitti original is the finale, which ends with a great "from under, from under, from under" bit.

IF U SEEK AMY
This is the one people are excited about because the words "if you seek Amy" sound like "F-U-C-K me". After a "la la la la la la la la, la la la la la la la la" intro the song sort of throws itself into a ridiculous faux-lesbo 'romp' in which Britney looks for girl called Amy in a club ("oh baby baby have you seen Amy tonight, is she in the bathroom?"), can't find her while the club's closing, bangs on about "love me hate me, say what you want about me but all the boys and all the girls are ready to f-u-c-k me" and then goes bonkers over a lot over a thunderous Timbaland vs Scooter production job. There are some "ha ha he he ho ho ho" bits, a great whooshing noise into the final chorus and an overriding sense that this might be one of Britney's most ridiculous recordings to date.

'VERDICT': It's 'Blackout 2.0' - this is good news, 'Blackout' was a phenomenal album - but seems to include a lot of posturing and also seems to be quite gimmicky, which hopefully won't extend across the entire album. The inclusion of a song like 'Out From Under' suggests that this album, as a whole, might be a bridge between 'In The Zone' and 'Blackout', or at least a bridge between 'Blackout' and a next album more along the 'In The Zone' lines. That didn't make any sense at all, did it. Anyway if these are the very best songs on the album we're probably heading for a 7/10 sort of affair but it's hard to second guess a Britney album so what it will end up like is anybody's guess.