• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

Quote from: Out on November 11, 2008, 07:44:57 PM
http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3182&Itemid=9

Alright then, due to 'overwhelming public demand' (ie a string of emails ranging from the polite to the downright offensive) here are some words about tracks from the Britney album.

'CIRCUS'
This is the title track. This means the song's called 'Circus', and it's from the album 'Circus'. "I run a tight ship," Britney announces, "so beware - I'm like the ringleader, I call the shots, I'm like a firecracker I make it hot, now put a show". What does this mean? Well, she is a ringleader on a ship - we presume this is something to do with a special circus on a cruise liner of some sort. Basically Britney is comparing herself to lots of things at the same time. Your English teacher will tell you this is a silly thing to do - but Britney is allowed to do it, because she is Britney. The track comes with massive thudding electronic R&B production and there's a lot of stopping and starting, including a a built-in MTV-style dance breakdown segment. The chorus lyric is "all eyes on me in the centre of the ring just like a circus" but the best bit's the bridge, with its "I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins, spotlight on me and I'm ready to break, I'm like a performer with this world as a stage" bit. There's all sorts of other stuff about "don't stand there watching me, following me, show me what you can do". Bits of it are a lot like 'Break The Ice' from the last album, but with an extra layer of Big Production.

OUT FROM UNDER
'Blackout' didn't have any big ballads so here is one for 'Circus'. It's incredibly similar to this version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6kf1UwXPQ
...of the song but with more guitar (weedy guitar, not big proper guitar). The production's a lot less sparse and a great deal more 'Britney ballad' (in the 'I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman' tradition). Basically the most interesting thing about Britney's version that you can't hear on the Joanna Pacitti original is the finale, which ends with a great "from under, from under, from under" bit.

IF U SEEK AMY
This is the one people are excited about because the words "if you seek Amy" sound like "F-U-C-K me". After a "la la la la la la la la, la la la la la la la la" intro the song sort of throws itself into a ridiculous faux-lesbo 'romp' in which Britney looks for girl called Amy in a club ("oh baby baby have you seen Amy tonight, is she in the bathroom?"), can't find her while the club's closing, bangs on about "love me hate me, say what you want about me but all the boys and all the girls are ready to f-u-c-k me" and then goes bonkers over a lot over a thunderous Timbaland vs Scooter production job. There are some "ha ha he he ho ho ho" bits, a great whooshing noise into the final chorus and an overriding sense that this might be one of Britney's most ridiculous recordings to date.

'VERDICT': It's 'Blackout 2.0' - this is good news, 'Blackout' was a phenomenal album - but seems to include a lot of posturing and also seems to be quite gimmicky, which hopefully won't extend across the entire album. The inclusion of a song like 'Out From Under' suggests that this album, as a whole, might be a bridge between 'In The Zone' and 'Blackout', or at least a bridge between 'Blackout' and a next album more along the 'In The Zone' lines. That didn't make any sense at all, did it. Anyway if these are the very best songs on the album we're probably heading for a 7/10 sort of affair but it's hard to second guess a Britney album so what it will end up like is anybody's guess.

thanks out!

I'm absolutely shocked with it :there's a lot of stopping and starting, including a a built-in MTV-style dance breakdown segment
it reminds to me to the pure cheiron stile , if it is true I would die lol , it would be so fantastic !
anyway , I'm sure if u seek amy is not ridiculous, lalalala , very similar to so what and it isnt ridiculous ....

Alex Martin

la la la la la la what is this? Another SO WHAT?

starstruck52

i'll be happy as long as it sounds NOTHING like p!nk or katy perry.

ahmed

Quote from: starstruck52 on November 11, 2008, 09:15:14 PM
i'll be happy as long as it sounds NOTHING like p!nk or katy perry.

i agree with you , i hate those two awful girls.

i like the lyrics of ''circus'', but i hate that they describing it as electronic RnB.

''out from under'' it seems it's a great song.

''if u seek amy'' i don't think it's that great, it seems there is a lesbian hints, comparing it to timbaland  productions is NOT a good sign.

however i still want to listen to the whole songs so that the judge can be fair.

starstruck52

i wouldn't worry about it being too R&B...

i remember max himself saying the music he made for britney was considered R&B in europe, not pop.

the other reviewer called it "50% glam, 50% trance."

Alex Martin

Max come back to old good pop without explicit lirics?

THINK!!!

*Sabine*

Wow I was missing for 4 days and so many news!!
Anyways I'm gonna wait till I hear anything from Circus. I didn't hear Kill the lights, don't wanna spoil any surprise...

BIG NEWS
You can go to breatheheavy.com to listen to Circus, If You Seek Amy and Out from Under, mix of 8 mins in total! I won't listen to it!! So for those who will, your comments are crucial!! ;)

Raul_esp

OMG OMG OMG OMG IF U SEEK AMY IS AMAZING!!IS ONE OF THE BEST SONG i'VE HEARD

I'M SHOCED  :o :o :o :o :o

*Sabine*

AHHHHHHHHH, you get me so excited..... :D :S
..............but I won't listen!!! How many seconds does If you seek Amy last??
Is Out from under similar to Joanna? Does Britney sing well or too much computer??

Raul_esp

well , I'll do a review of the tracks

circus is a great pop song , I love the part before the chorus more than the chorus althogut the chorus is great too , it will be the best britney single since overprotected!! the britney voice not is very robotic, but the production a bite , I love the  stop and stast and the  strong beat , it is a amazing song!!!

out from under is the same than the joanna paciti song , a great new!! , the britney voice is very good!! , the song go a bit more fast .

if u seek amy , I go on shocked , the best max song in this year not only , I think is the best max pop song since get another boyfriend , its pure pop!! not rock , not robotized , the chorus is a bit similar to womanizer but very much better , the produccion perfect  , CONGRATULATIONS MAX! the intro is very similar to so what!! but the verses not , the verses are even better.

there is other song : unusual you : nice midtemp

conclusion : it will be the best britney album since britney , much better than blackout and in the zone.

Raul_esp

the intro of if u seek amy hypnotizes , and the beat is veryyy strong , it is amaing , MAX YOU ARE GOD!!

ahmed

i can't believe my ears lol , all the songs are amazing.

''circus'' is great songs with that beat, the chorus is amazing.

''out from under'' lovely song, Britney's voice is cute, i love the production and instrumentation.

''if u seek amy'' amazing song from Max Martin and Britney as usual , the best Max Martin song since long time, Britney and Max Martin are the best forever.

''unusual you'' great song with a beautiful melody, well done bloodshy and avant, this song is even better than ''toxic''.

this is my beloved Britney, i can feel her magical spirit and energy on the songs.

starstruck52

Circus - OMG it's amazing. I never knew Dr. Luke was capable of THAT.  :o I have a feeling this is going to be a big hit for her (even more-so than Womanizer).

OFU - Same as Joanna's version with I'm Not a Girl-ish vocals. It's pretty! Can't wait to hear the new ending she added.

IUSA - It doesn't sound anything like P!nk or Katy Perry, thank God. One of the best songs Max has done in quite some time, if you ask me. :D

Unusual You - Sounds great! Very "Hide and Seek."

This will probably end up being my second favorite Britney album of all-time (after Britney of course!)

Raul_esp

I'm so happy ,britney is back!! , and the pop max is back too!! I dont understand why britney only has recored a song with max .

this album can be better than baby one more time even (not than oops and britney) , there is two dr luke songs more!!

dr luke is great too , circus is the best dr luke track , bettet than girlfriend and about you now.

unusual you is very great , much better than piece of me and of the level of toxic.

and out from under , I love it , altought the joanna version is more perfect , I love the brit voice .

ahmed

Quote from: Raul_esp on November 12, 2008, 07:29:42 PM

and out from under , I love it , altought the joanna version is more perfect , I love the brit voice .

i think Britney's version is the more perfect , the guitar in the background in Britney's version make it sounds better, actually such this extra instrumentation in the ballads make it sound beautiful.

i think the argument when comparing the two versions will be about the voice, some people might think britney's voice is a bit weaker.

but for me Britney's version is perfect and her voice is good.