• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin collaborating with Britney Spears again!!

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Yes, a LOT! Lace and Leather, especially...The beat sounds like a Madonna's song from The Immaculate collection album.

ahmed

Quote from: *Sabine* on November 18, 2008, 09:46:00 PM
Yes, a LOT! Lace and Leather, especially...The beat sounds like a Madonna's song from The Immaculate collection album.

do you think that jive meant that 80s pop style as the musical direction of the album ?!

Eddie Krommer

It's a new tendency... just... those repetitive lines like nananananana o da da da da are very 80s besides the heavy influence of the old synth sounds...

Out

Quote from: *Sabine* on November 18, 2008, 09:38:00 PM
LOL I'm sorry "Bilan" is actually French, it means "Summary, conclusion"
:D :D :D Thanx for explanation

This is exactly what I thought!

starstruck52

Raul_esp

my favourites songs of this great album :

-If u seek amy
-Circus
-Shattered glass
-Out from under
-womanizer
-amnesia
-phonography ( the verses are amazing)
-kill the lights
-quicksand
-lace and leather
-rock me in
-manequin
-my baby
-trouble
-rock boy
-blur
-Mmm papi

I dont know why the dr luke song are so short  :'(

*Sabine*

This is exactly what I thought!
[/quote]

I found the song: same drums as in Borderline! I totally love that song BTW! :D

*Sabine*

Hey guys, after reading some Britney forums, I noticed many members were talking about one thing and I think this is not stupid at all... What if the leaked version of Circus we have was like last year's Blackout: unfinished songs??
That would be really logical! Many many people pointed the lack of production and the "simplicity" in the instruments. I feel that for many tracks: Circus, Shattered Glass, Lace and Leather, etc... I hope it's true cause Circus could be much better with adequate production! There's one more proof: the source of the songs is different (different bitrate, names and quality). That's why I think the tracks that leaked from the promo cd (Circus, IUSA, Out From Under...) are definitive and the other ones were added to make a full album but are DEMOS. I hope I'm right! :P
What do you think?

starstruck52

the production on 'circus' is already "adequate," sabine.

these aren't demos. they're the real thing, and i think they're amazing.

*Sabine*

Yes Circus is OK but from my logic it would be definitive.
What do you think about the other tracks?

starstruck52

i can't think of a track i hate! i even love the bonus tracks (except quicksand and rock boy). my favorites are the doctor luke songs, i'm addicted to lace and leather. bloodshy and avant never fail to bring it... i love love phonography and unusual you. the only songs i'm not blown away by are danja's, which sucks because i thought he did an amazing job on blackout.  :-[

what do you think about them? aside from the production being inadequate...

oh, and btw... these songs aren't high quality, maybe that's the reason you think these are demos?

*Sabine*

Yes the quality is one of the reasons.
I share your opinion about Danja's songs, his work on Blackout was better.
My fave songs after If You seek Amy (which is far ahead) are Rock Me In, Amnesia, Phonography and Quicksand...yeah, the bonus tracks, very logical!

The album, well... :S
To review track by track:
Womanizer is ok, good feeling but the repetitiveness gets on my nerves.
Circus is OK. Not the potential for a single. Come on, the start of the chorus is just not strong enough!
Out from under is good but Joanna's version is MUCH better (voice and production :D )
Kill the lights hurts my ears, THE perfect type of song I don't like.
Shattered glass has a very good melody but music is missing! The way she says 'Shattered glass" is very annoying BTW.
If U seek Amy is the best track, produced much more than decently. I like a lot the melody and the mystery feeling in the chorus. Max will never deceive. The final part of the song with the background vocals and the background music recalling the hook is excellent. The "Oh baby baby" are also great. Max, i wish you had produced many more songs for this album! :(
Unusual you: so boring! zzzzzz
Blur: reminds me of early morning... BORING
Mmm Papi: ??? funny but poor quality song IMO, very easily forgettable
Mannequin: very cool vibes, but over computerized voice and very weak verses
Lace and leather: would be a pretty good song with better production
My baby: very sweet, moving lyrics and voice, I like it

So, yeah, in a nutshell, I can't say I'm a fan of the songs! The album is nice to hear but I'm afraid that if this IS the final version, I will play it as often as In The Zone and Blackout. (I will bother to burn If You Seek Amy on another cd of course! :P ) One last note: I'm VERY disappointed by Dr Luke: to use the joke again: he's less than sufficient on this record...and that's a shame cause he CAN do great (Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Paris Hilton, Sugababes...)

Feelgoodlies

My review would pretty much be like you sabine, although I liked Circus and I'm not surprised by the great music of it because Dr.Luke has used alot of what he did to Vanessa Hudgens.

I really am in love with Amnesia, very catchy and funny lyrically, and hey most people give "IUSA and Circus" good reviews, Max didn't disappoint me really, he did it again, I love his song! And yes Sabine I wished he worked on more tracks with her.

OK now let's hope she sells with this album, and promotes it the right way.

nshinnosuke

Yeah,I wish she did more songs with Max..
oh,I've listened to IUSA for more than 190 times !!
It's getting more and more addicting...
This album is definitely her comeback to the music industry and prominence, hopefully it will become huge just like how Mariah Carey did with Emanicipation of Mimi...
Britney is planning a 2009 World Tour with Wade Robson being hired as the choreographer and many TV appearances such as on X-Factor...
IUSA has to be a single !!!!

Raul_esp

Quote from: ahmed on November 19, 2008, 05:48:52 PM
i don't know what to say  :'( , after i heard the full songs i'm a bit disappointed , the reason for my disappointment might be a bit different from yours.

i love Britney's personality on that album, i love the melody and lyrics.

but there are a lot of things missing in the productions and that what made me sad, because if the productions were good this album would have been AMAZING and PERFECT, it's really strange because if we look at the list of the producers who worked on the album , we will realize that it's probably the best list of producers we could have on a Britney Spears album in 2008 , that's what made me more sad , because i think all the factors of a great album are existed on ''Circus'', but as you can see the shocking result, i really don't understand what's wrong exactly  :'(.

i never liked DR.Luke's work even when he co-produce with Max.

DR.Luke's work is ordinary and not that talented , i don't find ''i kissed a girl'' or ''hot n cold'' that amazing as many people here describing them, IN MY OPINION the only good thing in those two songs is ''hot n cold'' chorus, other than that i don't like neither the melody nor the production.

i dare say that Dr.Luke melody on ''circus'' and ''shattered glass'' are better than his melody on ''i kissed a girl'' and ''hot n cold''.

IN MY OPINION DR.Luke is a bad influence on Max, i swear to God that Rami deserve to be an independent producer in stead of professor.Luke.

now all i hope is Britney releases ''if u seek amy'' as a single, it is a great song, the part (..so tell me if you see her...cause i have been waiting here forever..) is one of the best parts i heard in Max Martin songs since he started his new style.

i hope the song does well commercially , hopefully that give a good chance to see Max Martin on Britney's next albums again.

I agree , all the songs less if u seek amy are like incompletes in the production, the dr luke songs are very shorts , I miss the final melody en circus .

if u seek amy is perfect.