• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

China McClain - Calling All The Monsters

Started by Feelgoodlies, October 04, 2011, 07:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

She is a Disney star, she is only 13 and her song is quite catchy guys, it's Red-Oneish! I love it!

"Watch Here"

Raul_esp

Yeah! , the song is great! , it has very good hooks!

georg_e

Wow, now THAT is gooood!!!!   One of my favorites now for sure.  The B section of the chorus kept reminding me of something.....all of a sudden it hit me -- reminds me of the B section of   "Hold it Against Me".  (In a good way :-)   Great find, thanks!
ps...had to see who wrote this....it's by "Twin", but I bet you knew that, Feelgoodlies :)

Feelgoodlies

You know what I swear I knew it was them lol, but wasn't sure cause I couldn't get the credits...

It's my jam at the moment....and glad you liked it guys, I just love Twin!

georg_e

I can't stop playing it, and China is such a great comic actor in the video, and a really good singer too!  Twin really are great, and I like the way they absorb stuff, but make it their own and make it almost better -- did you notice the bass line in the chorus is pretty much the same as "I Kissed a Girl"? :-)  Their melody writing is super excellent, too.

Feelgoodlies

Yes I noticed the IKAG bass line :D I agree they make things even better! And btw I alos like China's voice, her adlibs in the final part of the song are cool!

I don't know if you know this but I also LOOOOOOOVE a song they did for a group called "Lemonade Mouth", they are a fictional group from a Disney movie, the name of the song is "Determinate" you can hear it here. IT'S AMAZING!

georg_e

^  ^  ^
              Figured you'd hear that bassline :-)  Yes, I notice her adlibs too at the end -- as good as on Max/Luke songs!  Also her phrasing/intonation on the second verses where sings "Bu-bu-bu buckin' for a break" is great.      I liked "Determinate", it's good but it doesn't quite have the melody perfection of  "Calling the Monsters" for me.  btw, the only other Twin song I really know is "It's Alright It's OK", and the sound (sonically) seems like they advanced alot on "Monsters" -- it's so powerful!

Raul_esp

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on October 06, 2011, 11:15:29 PM
Yes I noticed the IKAG bass line :D I agree they make things even better! And btw I alos like China's voice, her adlibs in the final part of the song are cool!

I don't know if you know this but I also LOOOOOOOVE a song they did for a group called "Lemonade Mouth", they are a fictional group from a Disney movie, the name of the song is "Determinate" you can hear it here. IT'S AMAZING!

''Determinate'' is Amazing!

Rebecca

Quote from: Alex Martin on October 07, 2011, 10:44:56 AM
Funny cover
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBzoGXGpRrQ&feature=related

cool, that is a great cover!

I really like Calling All The Monsters, but I think I like Determinate even better!

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: georg_e on October 06, 2011, 11:40:12 PM
                                                                     ^  ^  ^
               btw, the only other Twin song I really know is "It's Alright It's OK", and the sound (sonically) seems like they advanced alot on "Monsters" -- it's so powerful!
Really? You don't know too many great songs then, you don't know this, it was produced by them, it reminds me a bit of "Calling All The Monsters" and "Determinate" in some way, for instance when she says "I'm the type of chick that likes to rock the beat..." and in "Determinate" when they say "I know I, I know I, I know I gotta do it...",  the music stops and it's just, I don't know, they have the same structure idea, I love what they do, they tend to grab the listener!

In "Calling All The Monsters", I like the part after that "monster voice" sings "Gonna get your body shakin, wishin' you could just awaken" and then the music stops...then gets back.... it's orgasm lol!

About "Determinate",  I love the beginning of the song which at first makes you think it's a ballad  but then the real thing starts it makes you love it even more, it's imo an amazing pop/rock track.

georg_e

Yes, that's exactly the spot in 'Monster' (just before the chorus) that got me -- when the chorus comes in after that little break, it's so powerful!  Also on verses how they have just kick drum at first, then bring in the back beat, then back to just kick drum, etc.  Creates great contrast :)

Feelgoodlies

Another great song on her  show soundtrack called "Unstoppable", it's very Max-ish! yet Twin-ish! I don't know who did it anyway!

listen

She is vocally talented guys :o

georg_e

Whoaa, yeah man -- GrEAT song!!! Now I don't know which I like better --this or "Monsters" ;)   It's gotta be Twin -- super good melodies, and the chorus explodes! China is really good, and so likeable.

PS    OMG, just checked......Max and Luke are  listed in the production credits of this album as 'composers'!!  http://www.fye.com/A-N-T--Farm-Shows---Movies_stcVVproductId138556700VVcatId459691VVviewprod.htm     Scroll down and click on "Production Credits".
So Feelgoodlies you were right -- it's very Maxish, and maybe it IS him, lol!!

Raul_esp

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on October 14, 2011, 01:58:06 PM
Another great song on her  show soundtrack called "Unstoppable", it's very Max-ish! yet Twin-ish! I don't know who did it anyway!

listen

She is vocally talented guys :o

Woww , it's 100 % Max!