• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

So - what happened between Max and Rami?

Started by turnaround, January 27, 2012, 07:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I really would like to know. It's obvious that they had some kind of a split but I am curious to know why.....

Was it because of something?

Business-related?
Musical style-related?
Personal?

It's odd that they work with the same partners (Savan Kotecha, Arnthor Birgisson etc.) but basically do not work together anymore.

Probably we can only speculate but do we also have any hints/remarks/interviews?

And I liked it..

Linda

I always thought it was because of Musical style differences but who knows....

Rebecca

I would really like to know too.  I think it's either personal or business related, but have never seen anything written about the split.

Joshua

Don't quote me, but didn't someone on here say that Rami decided to move on so he could continue to progress in his own direction, or something? If that were true, it'd still be weird for them to not collaborate occasionally.

Feelgoodlies

He doesn't have a direction IMO, all he does samples Max/Luke still, or has a bit of Max touch!

The only one who does it differently is Kristian, his recent songs are either acoustic/pop or uptempo pop/electro.

Linda

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on February 24, 2012, 02:04:30 PM
He doesn't have a direction IMO, all he does samples Max/Luke still, or has a bit of Max touch!

The only one who does it differently is Kristian, his recent songs are either acoustic/pop or uptempo pop/electro.

Bit harsh..

He's going to sound like max sometimes because I imagine max taught him quite a bit and they worked together for years.
I also think Rami is a better writer/producer than Luke... but that could be just my musical taste.

Joshua

I found a great Rami interview from 2009 that explains things a little:

"I split from Maratone about a year and a half ago. I'd been there for ten years. I went total with Max, and just felt that I needed to go my own way. I'd hit a wall and didn't want to work, and so I took over a year off to think about what I wanted to do. I just felt that I needed a fresh start, and so I'm now starting my own camp."

The whole thing is worth a read: http://www.hitquarters.com/index.php3?page=intrview/opar/intrview_Rami_Interview.html